henne and o daniel

12 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

The fact we have such a massive issue with this at LB and he still hasn't played a snap, certainly doesn't inspire confidence. 

He looks good in coverage to me. And he makes tackles when he’s in. 
He must struggle in the classroom. He’s on special teams because he can run and tackle.

7 minutes ago, Calichief said:

He looks good in coverage to me. And he makes tackles when he’s in. 
He must struggle in the classroom. He’s on special teams because he can run and tackle.

Clearly they don’t think it translates at least yet into an ability to cover. And he’s too small to be in the base defense. 0 snaps is hard to fathom though. This guy was an elite linebacker at Clemson. 

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Clearly they don’t think it translates at least yet into an ability to cover. And he’s too small to be in the base defense. 0 snaps is hard to fathom though. This guy was an elite linebacker at Clemson. 

Yes. He was really good. I’m shocked he’s not playing.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Size has nothing to do with it IMO. if he has instincts and make tackles, that's all that matters. Hitchens has the size...no instincts...can't get off blocks. And then look at Ragland's recent play. He's playing downhill and doing fine in a 4-3 where we all thought he didn't fit the scheme. I wish we knew what's keeping DOD from seeing the field

5 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

Size has nothing to do with it IMO. if he has instincts and make tackles, that's all that matters. Hitchens has the size...no instincts...can't get off blocks. And then look at Ragland's recent play. He's playing downhill and doing fine in a 4-3 where we all thought he didn't fit the scheme. I wish we knew what's keeping DOD from seeing the field

good point. the way GB utilized there backs to get the mismatch on our LB i would have to believe DOD would be than hitchens in coverage. 

9 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

He got beaten up in the running game last year. Just can’t hold his space and get through blocks. He’s closer to a safety than a LB at this level.  

9 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

Didn't Rags play in a 4-3 before coming to KC?..like at Bama? I was under the impression Rags was one of those signings that was preparing for the conversion to the 4-3

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Didn't Rags play in a 4-3 before coming to KC?..like at Bama? I was under the impression Rags was one of those signings that was preparing for the conversion to the 4-3

Alabama runs a base 3-4. So did the Bills until they switched and then traded him to us. He’s a two down Mike. Our problem is so is Hitchens in my opinion. We just don’t have any true three down LBs.  But when those two are on the field our rush defense has definitely improved. 

31 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Alabama runs a base 3-4. So did the Bills until they switched and then traded him to us. He’s a two down Mike. Our problem is so is Hitchens in my opinion. We just don’t have any true three down LBs.  But when those two are on the field our rush defense has definitely improved. 

Seems like they could have had Rag for a much cheaper price. Veach, brought in two down thumpers who play the same position. 

Let's face it: We just don't have a versatile LB corp - DOD was supposed to pan out and hasn't. 

22 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Seems like they could have had Rag for a much cheaper price. Veach, brought in two down thumpers who play the same position. 

Let's face it: We just don't have a versatile LB corp - DOD was supposed to pan out and hasn't. 

Veach thought he was getting a versatile playmaker in Hitchens (who played really well next to a stud LB Lee in Dallas). This is why finding that LB is so important for next year because it would really get Hitchens back more in his comfort zone. The past few weeks it seems Spags has done that himself in some regard, however there's no getting around our LBs lack of versatility. If I'm the Vikings, thats what I attack. Get us off balance and then hammer us with what has been the best RB in the NFL to date. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Veach thought he was getting a versatile playmaker in Hitchens (who played really well next to a stud LB Lee in Dallas). This is why finding that LB is so important for next year because it would really get Hitchens back more in his comfort zone. The past few weeks it seems Spags has done that himself in some regard, however there's no getting around our LBs lack of versatility. If I'm the Vikings, thats what I attack. Get us off balance and then hammer us with what has been the best RB in the NFL to date. 

Then Spags is going to be forced to use Lee and DOD. He has too. Hitch cannot run with those 2 rbs for the vikes. NO WAY.

Eventhough Lee struggles to make tackles, I bet we see a lot of him. We kinda have no choice..Lee is fast.

2 hours ago, artsy said:

Then Spags is going to be forced to use Lee and DOD. He has too. Hitch cannot run with those 2 rbs for the vikes. NO WAY.

Eventhough Lee struggles to make tackles, I bet we see a lot of him. We kinda have no choice..Lee is fast.

At this point I'd rather see Lee out there than Nieman. He can cover over the middle, but there's no way Nieman is hanging with Cook.