Temp rooting thread for today

6 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Not really worried about the Chargers, and I hate Green Bay, so I have mixed feelings on that one.  Definitely rooting for the Lions.

Nor am I. But another loss, mahomes can sit some more. 

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Come on Ravens, show the world what I've been saying all along NE has been playing weak teams which is boosting their record and stats. Start them on their downward spiral. 

I’m with you. Hopefully we see them exposed tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Come on Ravens, show the world what I've been saying all along NE has been playing weak teams which is boosting their record and stats. Start them on their downward spiral. 

I'd like to see NE get rocked as much as anyone, but honestly I think the #1 seed is lost.  Baltimore losing is probably more important to us.

25 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

The Packers are getting their clocked cleaned by the Bolts.  The way the pack is playing reminds me of how the Chiefs were with Crennel as coach

23 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Seems like if you stop or slow down Jones, Packers are vulnerable. We made strides when he was out briefly.

The Chargers must have seen something when studying their game against the Chiefs. 

27 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Seems like if you stop or slow down Jones, Packers are vulnerable. We made strides when he was out briefly.

If it wasn't for Rodgers impossible throws Chiefs win that game...oh and McCoy fumble. Damn but we overcame Hardman's fumble today and won that's impressive being short-handed.

We would need to beat them AND have them lose two more games than us the rest of the way.  One game could be tonight, maybe, but NE is already coming back.  And on top of that we would need to stay ahead of Houston, Baltimore, and Indy, while we only have the tiebreaker against the Ravens.

Yes mathematically we have a shot but I'm just not seeing it.  Pat's injury cost us that shot.  Getting #2 is more realistic but still going to be a little tough.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

We would need to beat them AND have them lose two more games than us the rest of the way.  One game could be tonight, maybe, but NE is already coming back.  And on top of that we would need to stay ahead of Houston, Baltimore, and Indy, while we only have the tiebreaker against the Ravens.

Yes mathematically we have a shot but I'm just not seeing it.  Pat's injury cost us that shot.  Getting #2 is more realistic but still going to be a little tough.

Na. Losing to Houston and Indy cost us that. 

22 minutes ago, Calichief said:

We still play them and also they have some good games coming up. All we need is for them to lose one and we beat them...

Indy and Houston have each other to play plus other good games still on their schedule. Ravens need to lose just once as we have the tie breaker against them too. Seeding is still up for grabs.

32 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

We still play them and also they have some good games coming up. All we need is for them to lose one and we beat them...

Indy and Houston have each other to play plus other good games still on their schedule. Ravens need to lose just once as we have the tie breaker against them too. Seeding is still up for grabs.

Add to this that Indy may be playing without Brissett, I see them losing 2-3 more games at least.

Baltimore still has games against the 49ers, Houston & Buffalo.  I’d bet they have at least 1 or 2 more losses this year.

Houston has games against Indy, NE, & Baltimore.

NE has games vs us, Houston, Buffalo, the Eagles, & the Cowboys.

The AFC is still undecided.

8 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

#1 still up in the air. 

8 hours ago, Calichief said:

7 hours ago, qnet said:

I think the Chiefs may have to go on the road the whole way through the playoffs.  

This board is hilarious.  Every perspective here from "we still have a shot at #1" to "we might not win the division" (that's what would have to happen for us to go on the road the whole way through the playoffs).

The reality is that with only 7-8 games (depending on the team), a 1-2 game lead is pretty significant.  So yeah, mathematically lots of scenarios are on the table.  But the most likely overall scenario is that the Patriots wind up #1, while we're in that mix for #2 with the Ravens and the AFC South champion (probably the Texans) - we're essentially a half-game behind each of those teams, a game in the loss column to the Ravens but we have the tiebreaker, then tied with the Texans but lost the tiebreaker.  In the division we've got a 1.5 game lead over the Raiders and a two-game lead over the Chargers, along with the tiebreaker over the Raiders.

15 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

How long before we start hearing how real the Raiders and Chargers are? Anytime they win we have certain posters in here that go on the sky is falling rant and how the Raiders or Chargers are going to be a threat.

NFL.com already has a Chargers playing like contenders headline. Ha

3 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

This board is hilarious.  Every perspective here from "we still have a shot at #1" to "we might not win the division" (that's what would have to happen for us to go on the road the whole way through the playoffs).

The reality is that with only 7-8 games (depending on the team), a 1-2 game lead is pretty significant.  So yeah, mathematically lots of scenarios are on the table.  But the most likely overall scenario is that the Patriots wind up #1, while we're in that mix for #2 with the Ravens and the AFC South champion (probably the Texans) - we're essentially a half-game behind each of those teams, a game in the loss column to the Ravens but we have the tiebreaker, then tied with the Texans but lost the tiebreaker.  In the division we've got a 1.5 game lead over the Raiders and a two-game lead over the Chargers, along with the tiebreaker over the Raiders.

My mistake. I never said we wouldn't win the division but basically due to my slight ignorance about the playoff seeding, I basically said it.

The main opinion I have is that the Chiefs may have to take a different path to get to were we all want them to.