40 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

I would bring back Ward he'll be affordable. I think we can let Fuller walk at this point. Ward, seems to be getting better and better where as I don't see much from Fuller. Fenton, has exceeded expectations and might be a steal.

Ward is under contract already in 2020. 

You notice Hitchens moving everyone around and getting them in place? We got much better when he came back. I know he gets no love but he is key. I don’t expect a great cover guy from my Mike.

Pass D has been top 10 all year. It’s the line play that has made the difference IMO.  Nhadi got stronger and Saunders has been a beast. Spags is running more stunts and blitzes.  It is all coming together.

16 minutes ago, DieHard said:

You notice Hitchens moving everyone around and getting them in place? We got much better when he came back. I know he gets no love but he is key. I don’t expect a great cover guy from my Mike.

Pass D has been top 10 all year. It’s the line play that has made the difference IMO.  Nhadi got stronger and Saunders has been a beast. Spags is running more stunts and blitzes.  It is all coming together.

You're right we aren't giving Hitchens enough credit as he is directing a lot of traffic with the front 7. How about Sorenson? He showed some grit again yesterday not sure why everyone discounted him early on. Had a pick against NE and crucial 4th down stop on Burkhead in AFCC. He definitely showed he is our best option covering TEs and RBs at this point allowing HB to roam freely. Sorenson , has the most years as a Chief on defense and played in some big games we must acknowledge this...dude is a Chief in and out. 

3 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

You're right we aren't giving Hitchens enough credit as he is directing a lot of traffic with the front 7. How about Sorenson? He showed some grit again yesterday not sure why everyone discounted him early on. Had a pick against NE and crucial 4th down stop on Burkhead in AFCC. He definitely showed he is our best option covering TEs and RBs at this point allowing HB to roam freely. Sorenson , has the most years as a Chief on defense and played in some big games we must acknowledge this...dude is a Chief in and out. 

Dan is a very good situational guy. I think we all hoped DOD would fill that role but I don’t think he is ready. Dan has been solid.

2 hours ago, artsy said:

Yup. I agree.
Now lets hope that Ward doesn't take a step back..

I think we are past that. This has been going on for awhile now.

and I would sign breeland to an average contract. 
fenton , Ward, breeland , Claiborne and draft two 

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I think we are past that. This has been going on for awhile now.

and I would sign breeland to an average contract. 
fenton , Ward, breeland , Claiborne and draft two 

So continue letting CB be the only position we have no real money invested in? I'd much rather go sign a damn good corner than a couple jags like Claiborne and Breeland.

I was on Ward for what seemed to be taking steps back earlier in the season. Everything that pissed me off he has corrected and been taking huge leaps forward. He is a muar extend before FA after next year. I would look to extend him as soon as we can. Fenton we habe time. I rhink we need to extend Breeland for a few years and them draft some CBs. We can stay young and cheap then for awhile in this area as they develop it too. If not a good FA signing to go with Ward and use the draft then for development 

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I was on Ward for whar seemed to be taking steps back earlier in the season. Everything that pissed me off he has corrected and been taking huge leaps forward. He is a muar extend before FA after next year. I would look to extend him as soon as we can. Fenton we habe time. I rhink we need to extend Breeland for a few years and them draft some CBs. We can stay young and cheap then for awhile in this area as they develop it too. If not a good FA signing to go with Ward and use the draft then for development 

I’m not.a big Breeland fan. I could let him walk and claim the comp pick. Fuller is the guy to me we really need to watch. His ceiling is high but he’s been so inconsistent. I think he’s only 24 though and a guy I can see being a good player for years to come. Tough call. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

I’m not.a big Breeland fan. I could let him walk and claim the comp pick. Fuller is the guy to me we really need to watch. His ceiling is high but he’s been so inconsistent. I think he’s only 24 though and a guy I can see being a good player for years to come. Tough call. 

Yeah but do we move Fuller or Fenton from the slot? Can Fuller hold up on the outside? I would love to sign a good CB but we have some big ones coming in contracts and still have Jones to deal with too.

33 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I agree with this. I'm just afraid because of his age and past performance ( Washington) he will cost top dollar. I'd rather go after someone with a higher ceiling and who excels on the outside.

One situation I'm watching closely is Minnesota. Both Mackenzie Alexander and Trae Waynes are free agents. No way they can pay them both. And with Xavier Rhodes, Mike Hughes and Holton Hill under contract they could let both walk. 

Wayne's has turned into a good corner, although Tyreek ran past him yesterday like he was in slo mo. That's a guy that ran a 4.3 flat. Hill had 6 feet of separation.

44 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I was big on Breeland early on. When he was playing well Ward struggled. Now Ward is playing well and Breeland is struggling. Overall the DBs have been good. Not sure what to do with Fuller. He struggled early then came on then got hurt. Fenton is making it a tough decision. I definitely wouldn’t throw big money at Fuller, but would like to keep him if we don’t make a big move in the off season.

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/1191198861785796609

On 11/3/2019 at 2:47 PM, DefensiveMan said:

I'm impressed honestly. LB still the weakness but Rag Tag played nice today. D Line coach from NE doing big things with Saunders, Nadi, K Pass, Ogbah. Without Clark and Okafor as well. Chris Jones played a lot of DE. Destroyed the pocket. Thornhill, has a few things to work on but Dirty Dan made some plays. Need to clean up our redzone D a bit, limit TDs to FGs and we have a legit defense gaining confidence.

great point about NE coach daley. huge off season acquisition. 

4 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

great point about NE coach daley. huge off season acquisition. 

Same with the LB coach House. It’s not his fault the guys he’s been given can’t cover anyone. But in run defense they have been more GAP disciplined and swarming the RBs better the last month than we’ve seen the last 3 seasons.  Hitchens, Ragland and Wilson have all become very solid vs the run.  

I hope we can keep all theoe guys.  I know this year that probably won't be a problem but you never know.  If they keep getting better and better as the year progresses and we make a deep run a guy like BD or MH might get a DC position somewhere.   I actually think for the first time since I can remember we have a defensive staff that can develop young players.   Saunders, Ward, Fenton, our rag tag LB corp, Thornhill, Kpass, etc.   All seem to be playing better now than at the start of the year and some of those guys were thought to be busts or potential busts.  Would go a long way towards fixing this D if we have an in house replacement at nickel and outside corner already locked up for next year.  

Spags countered some 21p looks on third down this week with a 4-0 quarter formation -- removing the off-ball linebackers and replacing them with safeties for their coverage ability. KC had 4 safeties (Mathieu, Thornhill, Sorensen, Lucas) on the field with 3 CB's and 4 DL.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I think he may be finally buying in to what Spags is doing too. He was better disciplined in keeping his gaps and assignments.

This^^

There's no way anyone can sit back and say that CJ has always been a stud against the run, because anyone that's watched KC for any length of time would know better. HOWEVER, like you said..Maybe he's buying in, and being more disciplined.

He actually played the run really good Sunday..I was shocked.