Weird stat - very few blow outs

It occurs to me that we've never been blown out in the Mahomes era.  Way too many close losses due to the D, but no blow outs.  So I looked it up.

• 2019:  worst loss is by 7 (through week 9; happened twice)
  • 2018:  worst loss by 7
  • 2017:  worst loss was by 11 at Dallas ("Hill Mary" game); all other losses by 7 or fewer
  • 2016:  worst loss was the early season blowout at Pittsburgh, by 29(!!!); all other losses by 7 or fewer
  • 2015:  a loss by 10 (GB) and a loss by 15 (Cincinnati) in that bad early 5 game losing streak.  All other losses by 7 or fewer.  In fairness, I think the Green Bay game was worse than that and we got some garbage time scores.
  • 2013-2014:  the stat starts to break down a little when I go back this far, with more examples of games where we've been blown out.

I know we've had a lot of frustrating losses, but I think it's pretty crazy how we've managed to limit blowouts.  Only 4 losses by more than 7 points in 4 and a half seasons, including just ONE by more than two scores, is actually pretty impressive.

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Terez noted that this past week on the radio.

chiefs are in every game. That’s a big kudos to Andy. He deserves props. He takes a lot of shirt. Rightfully so. But that’s a testament to being prepared week in and out.

I didn't catch that (not local to KC nor do I catch up online).  But I agree.  Overall it's a very solid testament to what they've built here.

21 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Consistency of this team under Andy Reid is pretty amazing. We beat a damn good team today with a 3rd string QB.   We nitpick some bad decisions but overall we are a really well coached team. 

I agree. Reid has frustrated me at times,  but overall he's been a really good coach for the Chiefs. Spags is starting to impress me also. 

Reid knows how to maximize the offensive capabilities of his team which is generally enough to be competitive and get to the playoffs. When you are so good in one aspect of the game it keeps you in the game regardless. Even when we get vastly dominated (like the playoff loss to Pats in 2015) the performance doesn't reflect on the scoreboard.