1 minute ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Or better yet freedom of speech/freedom to voice your opinion whether someone else likes it or not.

I think actual ownership of the tickets is all the matters.  You're welcome to your opinion, but ultimately the only opinion that matters is the one who is in control of the decisions. 

Former Season ticket holder for 10 years.  A few things to consider to those high and mighty people out there telling others what to do with their tickets:

• I didn't have a lot of money back then, so spending 2500 a year for two tix was huge.  We generally sold 3-4 of those games on the secondary market at a profit to ease the wallet sting
  • I live in Wichita, and like many season ticket holders don't live in the KC metro area.  Traveling 6 hours roundtrip in a day for a 3 hour game is rough and expensive
  • Tons of fans don't like cold weather games.  I know a ton of people that won't go to games in Nov/Dec due to weather conditions. 
  • We were down 7 starters and Chris Jones was a game time decision, that's a lot to overcome

My point for all this...I'm a hardcore fan that's spent tens of thousands of dollars and thousands of hours watching, traveling to, and discussing the Chiefs.  Nobody that knows me would ever question my loyalty and fandom for this team.  That said, one of the worst things I can experience as a fan is shelling out hundreds of bucks for a tickets, gas, hotel, and tailgating, sitting in the cold want watching an injured team lose, then having to make the drive back home with only time to eat, shower, and go to bed.  All those factors would have been in play for thousands of people, and lets be honest, nobody wants to pay 200 bucks per ticket to watch their team lose.  People saw Mahomes go down...they saw us lose two games in a row at home before he went down.  They saw the three mile long injury report, and they saw the snow in the forecast earlier in the week.  They saw their family start to bug them about what the kids want for Christmas and the money that it was going to cost to get through the holidays.  They factored all that in and made a decision, like they are entitled to do.

TLDR:  People have the right to do whatever they want with their tickets.  If you don't like it, buy them yourself or find someone else to buy them.

4 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

I guess my question is this.  How many people that are complaining about STH selling their tickets are season ticket holders to begin with?  Then after that if they aren't why aren't they buying the tickets that are for sale?

I can tell you one that snot ..lol

9 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

I guess my question is this.  How many people that are complaining about STH selling their tickets are season ticket holders to begin with?  Then after that if they aren't why aren't they buying the tickets that are for sale?

I'm not a season ticket holder, but if you want to pay for me to fly out to KC for every game and put me up in a hotel for the night I would think about it.

16 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

I am a season ticket holder and have been one since Marty was hired. I go to all of the games. Does that make me special? No. I do have an issue with people NEVER using their tickets. I know there are people who have been and currently are season ticket holders next to me and I have never met them. Each Sunday I meet someone new. They aren't used for business purposes, I think they just use the tickets as an investment. I have a little bit of a problem with that since I'm sure there are fans who would love to be STHers (or at least have STs and go to a few games) since we have Mahomes. 

That being said, I truly empathize with people selling their tickets on a week-to-week basis. Many reasons to do it...work, the cost, the travel, weather, etc. All of them make sense. That doesn't make them any less of a fan. We're going to have to realize that Mahomes and the Legion of Zoom is an event. People will come from all over to see him. I was surrounded by both Packer and Vikings fans the last two games. They were respectful and fun to be around and joke with. As long as people aren't A-Holes, it's all good. 

Honestly, Denver and Raider fans are still the worst ones around because of their shit talking. Root for your teams guys. No need to start crap, why would you do that? It was kind of cute to see Viking fans trying to get the "SKOAL" chant going. Kind of like people trying to get the Wave going in the 8th inning at a Royals game. I actually think the Vikings fans noise fired our guys up. They got loud a couple of times but it got truly deafening on the Chief's last defensive stop. The Chiefs fans stepped up when they needed to...just like I knew they would. If we starting hearing "INCOMPLETE!" in a few weeks after Mahomes misses a receiver, then I'll start getting worried. 

great post!  Also have to realize how many of our fans travel for road games, I bet we will have a lot in Tenn. this weekend....

This may not mean much in this discussion, but I have a coworker who is a longtime Vikings fan. He was a Vikings season ticket holder for years, but gave them and did sell them on occasion, from what he's told me.  His reason for doing so was the same reasons some of you gave here.

I've often thought about getting season tickets. Working for an Airline the travel cost wouldn't be that bad, and I can stay with family in town. It would just be a PITA trying to fly back to Atlanta after the game on standby. I almost always get bumped off a flight trying to get back when I travel to KC & back. 

On a side note, he was off yesterday and I didn't get a chance to talk to him about the game. Some other dudes in my shop printed a Chiefs logo and put it on his toolbox. Not something I would have done, but it is kinda funny.

I wonder if the forum members who are interested might want to go in on a group of season tickets, with one volunteer forum member to coordinate it.  Then sell them to other forum members as requested a certain minimum time in advance.  It would save money for everyone who goes.  Maybe a call to the Chiefs requesting an additional discount for the Chiefs Coalition would make it even cheaper.  It would be a pain to administrate and keep organized, but it might be worth it.  We would have to reserve probably 4 to account for families or friends.  When divided up, it would also allow us to meet each other face to face at a game.  I'm not volunteering, but somebody might.  Is this a crazy idea? Maybe someone has thought of it before, and it was too much of a hassle. The process could have its own subforum on this site called Chiefs Coalition Ticket Exchange or something like that.

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I wonder if the forum members who are interested might want to go in on a group of season tickets, with one volunteer forum member to coordinate it.  Then sell them to other forum members as requested a certain minimum time in advance.  It would save money for everyone who goes.  Maybe a call to the Chiefs requesting an additional discount for the Chiefs Coalition would make it even cheaper.  It would be a pain to administrate and keep organized, but it might be worth it.  We would have to reserve probably 4 to account for families or friends.  When divided up, it would also allow us to meet each other face to face at a game.  I'm not volunteering, but somebody might.  Is this a crazy idea? Maybe someone has thought of it before, and it was too much of a hassle. The process could have its own subforum on this site called Chiefs Coalition Ticket Exchange or something like that.

Well my dad has 4 season tickets and when he is no longer with us I know for a fact I can't afford them and I doubt my brother would want them either living in Iowa so I have been looking/thinking of a way to keep them in our family because they are very good seats. Lower level row 21 and 22 on the 30 visitor side. Granted I hope my dad lives for many more years but he is 80 so it's coming at some point. 

7 hours ago, qnet said:

This may not mean much in this discussion, but I have a coworker who is a longtime Vikings fan. He was a Vikings season ticket holder for years, but gave them and did sell them on occasion, from what he's told me.  His reason for doing so was the same reasons some of you gave here.

I've often thought about getting season tickets. Working for an Airline the travel cost wouldn't be that bad, and I can stay with family in town. It would just be a PITA trying to fly back to Atlanta after the game on standby. I almost always get bumped off a flight trying to get back when I travel to KC & back. 

On a side note, he was off yesterday and I didn't get a chance to talk to him about the game. Some other dudes in my shop printed a Chiefs logo and put it on his toolbox. Not something I would have done, but it is kinda funny.

Slightly off topic (sorry Mods) but I was just wondering...

Since you work in the airline industry, I wonder if you have any thoughts or heard anything about KC upgrading their airport. I'm hopeful at the very least KC will have more direct flights and maybe it can get more indirect stuff too. Maybe with more traffic travelers would have more options to come in for Chiefs games. I know out of town travelers hate KCI and I can understand it because the amenities suck. If you're local it's nice because you can get in and out fast but the local governments finally understand you need to cater to out of town travelers and the airlines to get people to come to KC. 

17 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

Slightly off topic (sorry Mods) but I was just wondering...

Since you work in the airline industry, I wonder if you have any thoughts or heard anything about KC upgrading their airport. I'm hopeful at the very least KC will have more direct flights and maybe it can get more indirect stuff too. Maybe with more traffic travelers would have more options to come in for Chiefs games. I know out of town travelers hate KCI and I can understand it because the amenities suck. If you're local it's nice because you can get in and out fast but the local governments finally understand you need to cater to out of town travelers and the airlines to get people to come to KC. 

I heard there were plans to upgrade it, but I'm not sure when. I think I remember hearing it on 810 from Soren Petro and I've heard it from other people also. It is regarded as one of the worst airports from my understanding. I agree that upgrading it would be a major help to the city overall, and not just for sporting events.

When I fly (which is rare) I don't mind KCI because it's small and everything is so close. You can check in, check your bags if you have any, and walk straight to security. When you come to Hartsfield in Atlanta,  you better be there two hours before your flight (earlier if you can) or you may not make your flight. 

Having said that, what makes KCI great for the things I mentioned above, also makes it bad .

It's so small it often seems too crowded in the gate area. It may be changed now, but there are no monitors there  to look at the boarding status. This is important when flying non-revenue like myself, and you can't tell where you're at in the boarding priority or if you will get assigned a seat. There are always people crowded around the gate attendants desk with questions, and excuse my language;  I'm always wondering if there is some fuckery going on with the boarding process. 

This is just my experience and I hope they upgrade it. I haven't been flying into KC a lot lately, so don't know when I will get to enjoy a new KC airport in the future. It certainly would make me more comfortable about flying there when they do upgrade it. 

Just now, FANATIC said:

Its much easier to sell your tickets online now. Plenty of willing buyers. No doubt some season ticket holders fully intend to sell their seats at a huge profit. Hey they may not even be Chief Fans......... just entrepreneurs. Times have changed.

You are 100% correct.

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Its much easier to sell your tickets online now. Plenty of willing buyers. No doubt some season ticket holders fully intend to sell their seats at a huge profit. Hey they may not even be Chief Fans......... just entrepreneurs. Times have changed.

All good points. And if a season ticket holder can get some relief for having to pay full price for preseason games and do it easily and without risk online. Who can blame them. And Mahomes didn’t play. I talked to Vikings fans who came here and paid big money to see him.  

On 11/5/2019 at 3:08 PM, Spfdchiefsfan said:

SEE OT!!!!  It's not just me that pisses these newbies off!  I've sat in your seats, THEY WERE AWESOME!  people are just gonna be haters!

I have too... with maui... and they were indeed awesome

This cracks me up. Maybe Jones will agree to use his incredible wealth,  to buy the tickets from the fans and make sure he gives them to chief fans. No profit taking allowed.😉

Arrowhead PrideVerified account @ArrowheadPride
FollowFollow @ArrowheadPride
More

Chris Jones urges #Chiefs fans to “stop selling” their tickets after #Vikings fans took over Arrowhead last Sunday.