41 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

C'mon. Admit it.

You're surprised he's playing this well. So am I.

It's great to have a QB of this quality as a backup.

Its Andy Reid 101. The guy may be the best ever at coaching QBs up. He's probably giving us 80 percent of what Alex Smith did for the league minimum. The offense has definitely been scaled back but his ability to take care of the ball and take hits makes him effective. I think the MVP plays next week though. 

Just now, Mloe68 said:

Its Andy Reid 101. The guy may be the best ever at coaching QBs up. He's probably giving us 80 percent of what Alex Smith did for the league minimum. The offense has definitely been scaled back but his ability to take care of the ball and take hits makes him effective. I think the MVP plays next week though. 

And that argument was made plenty of time while Alex was here... that Red could get Almost Alex for 1/3 of the price

16 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Is release Henne today.  Sucks for him, but Moore was available and took advantage of his opportunities 

No real reason to release Henne. With Mahomes knee situation combined with our oline issues I think they will want to protect themselves. Its too late in the season to mess with that QB room any more than they have too

Just now, Mloe68 said:

No real reason to release Henne. With Mahomes knee situation combined with our oline issues I think they will want to protect themselves. Its too late in the season to mess with that QB room any more than they have too

so your a proportionate of keeping 3 QB's?

Just now, oldtimer said:

And that argument was made plenty of time while Alex was here... that Red could get Almost Alex for 1/3 of the price

He doesn't have Alex's mobility, but not a ton different otherwise. Andy could probably turn Mariota into a Pro Bowler. All in all though our CAP hits with Alex were in line with his production. We traded him at the perfect time!

41 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

If this was the beginning of the season and we had two healthy QBs. No. The PS can be the fallback plan for a 3rd QB. At this point though with it being November and not really being sure how Mahomes knee will hold up, I think you keep him. His value in that QB room probably trumps any roster addition we can add at this point. And the CAP ramifications at this point are very small. 

When Moore was a starter he was the classic guy who you didn't get excited about but was better than you realized.  He's a C- starter and an A- backup.  I honestly believe challenges like this can energize coaches, so you give Andy the challenge of "how do I make Matt Moore look good?" along with providing Moore one of the best WR/TE groups in the league and it's not surprising that you can be competitive and go 1-1 in home games against two tough teams.

28 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think it makes sense with the way Moore was running for his life. With this OL we should just ignore the couple million in cap and keep as many decent QBs as possible. I don't know about Henne's arm but he has been here long enough to learn the system so doesn't hurt to have him here. 

14 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I think it makes sense with the way Moore was running for his life. With this OL we should just ignore the couple million in cap and keep as many decent QBs as possible. I don't know about Henne's arm but he has been here long enough to learn the system so doesn't hurt to have him here. 

And at this point the CAP savings for releasing him is only 1,093,750. When you consider the CAP hit of adding another player to the roster, this becomes pretty inconsequential. It really comes down to do they think they need that roster spot for another position or to possibly protect a PS player. 

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

And at this point the CAP savings for releasing him is only 1,093,750. When you consider the CAP hit of adding another player to the roster, this becomes pretty inconsequential. It really comes down to do they think they need that roster spot for another position or to possibly protect a PS player. 

my thoughts exactly

1 hour ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

C'mon. Admit it.

You're surprised he's playing this well. So am I.

It's great to have a QB of this quality as a backup.

Personally I knew nothing about him so I had no preconceived thoughts one way or the other. I did however have faith that the team and coaches are better than what some have given them credit for.

Do I believe he could go elsewhere and win? Nope, unless it was to somewhere like NO who have great players on the Offense and a Defense that can step up at times to help the O out when needed. He would probably bomb at Cleveland, both NYs, Miami (again) and Cincinnati to name a few.

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

He should keep playing until Fisher comes back.

Do you want to wrap Mahomes in bubble wrap? He could get hurt standing on the sidelines, running opposing offenses in practice or running out on the field jumping around after the Chiefs win. Let the man play when he and the staff believe he's ready and stop with all the Florence Nightingale shit.🏉

1 minute ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Do you want to wrap Mahomes in bubble wrap? He could get hurt standing on the sidelines, running opposing offenses in practice or running out on the field jumping around after the Chiefs win. Let the man play when he and the staff believe he's ready and stop with all the Florence Nightingale shit.🏉

Seriously.....Have you watched Cam play??

Apparently not. That dude can wreck a game all by himself. He tried very hard yesterday.

Mahomes will have a slight chance of re injuring his knee till he gets surgery in the off-season. 

If I was Reid, I would not put him at risk with Erving protecting his backside. NO WAY!

4 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

With that mindset they should just IR him right now. 

No...They should try to be Smart about the situation. Not careless.

Cam is one of the main reasons his ankle was fucked up. I would not do it. But that's just me.