Chiefs @ Titans

Another tough game for the Chiefs going into Tennessee. Any predictions? Does Pat Mahomes play?

They 4-5 right now, not sure about this team they seem tricky to figure out. For example Derrick Henry, this dude balls out at certain games. I see this game being one of them. Mariota is predictable what about Tannehill. 

Reid, has struggled against AFC South teams namely Indi / Hou / and TN. They will put up a fight. We need to stick it to them. We definitely owe them one. They beat us twice at home recently and once in the playoffs. Might be a lot of Red in Nashville this weekend. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Titans will be in playoff mode and have a good defense and running game. Gonna be thousands of Chiefs fans there to help mitigate home field.  I think Mahomes plays but we should know either way by Friday.  

Stop Henry...Win game.

That is all.

If the Chiefs continue to stop the run and rush the passer, they'll win this game walking away even if Mahomes doesn't play.

Just keep doing what you've been doing.  Stack the box, stop the run and bring the heat against Tannehill and KC should win convincingly. 

3 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Reid, has struggled against AFC South teams namely Indi / Hou / and TN. They will put up a fight. We need to stick it to them. We definitely owe them one. They beat us twice at home recently and once in the playoffs. Might be a lot of Red in Nashville this weekend. 

I'm flying down to go to the game with my son.  Looking forward to it.  

6 hours ago, artsy said:

Stop Henry...Win game.

That is all.

As a local...I can tell you the talk has been all about getting Henry going. I do think that will be their game plan. Unfortunately for the Titans their Oline has really under performed all year. One might even say they stink. If the Chiefs can get the same effort up front against the Titans that they got against the Vikings I feel very confident they will win. Henry is a different kind of runner than Cook so we will see. I think they hope to wear the defense down by power running so by the 4th quarter its close and they can control the clock. That is the plan. However, Henry is not a versatile weapon. Not used a lot on screens. Probably use Dion Lewis for those. Need to do a better job there.

Tannehill is serviceable and has decent weapons to throw to however the Offensive coordinator is in his 1st year and seems over his head a lot of the time. The Titans defense is legit but Malcolm Butler was just put on IR and Jurrell Casey has a shoulder injury that might keep him out. That is a huge blow for them. If Mahomes plays they will not be able to stop the offense.

This is a game the Chiefs should win and I think they will.

Normally I would call it a "most likely loss" with their ground game but after watching our defense against the Vikings I think we can easily win by simply replicating the defensive performance. Henry is a beast but as long as we don't allow him to kill us on the ground it should be a relatively easy game. 

8 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

That was the formula vs the packers stop Aaron Jones and win but they never figured it out. I really don’t know what to expect from the defense as far as philosophy at this point

Spags said priority one right now is stopping the run. And last week may have been our best performance there in years against an elite RB. Coverage is going to be a problem with our LBs and it’s really what cost us ve Jones  He didn’t do a ton in the running game   So I’d agree they will hammer Henry at us  But we need to be concerned as much with Lewis   

I’ll admit I haven’t watched any of the Titian’s games and really no highlights either.  Having said that what am I missing with the TN running game and Henry.   They average  3.9 on the ground as a team and Henry averages 3.9 and 71 yds a game.  Mariota was their second best runner and nobody else has even gotten over 100 yds on the season.    They are middle of the pack in attempts.   It just doesn’t seem like their running game is all that intimidating n seems mediocre at best.    So what am I missing.  

17 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I've been seeing that a lot lately.  We dinked and dunked for years and everybody bitched about it.  We finally get what is arguably the best offense in the league and people want us to dink and dunk again.  I don't get it. 

Dinking and Donking has tons of benefits now.

Protects the qb.

Controls the clock

Keeps the defense fresh

I hated the dink and donk with AS11, because that was all he could do. Defenses knew it, and schemed against it.

With Mahomes (Hill, Hardman/Watkins), you ALWAYS have to be ready for the deep shot, which means we get to play offense against a bunch of light boxes. (i.e safeties playing back)

I too hope Reid calls the same game plan for Mahomes that he's used for Moore.

Just now, artsy said:

Protects the qb.

Controls the clock

Keeps the defense fresh

I hated the dink and donk with AS11, because that was all he could do. Defenses knew it, and schemed against it.

With Mahomes (Hill, Hardman/Watkins), you ALWAYS have to be ready for the deep shot, which means we get to play offense against a bunch of light boxes. (i.e safeties playing back)

agreed..not to mention YAC potential of said names

20 minutes ago, artsy said:

Protects the qb.

Controls the clock

Keeps the defense fresh

I realize there's more variables than just the change of quarterbacks.   But Moore has already been sacked as many times as Mahomes.  And we've overall lost the time of possession in Moore's two starts.  Ultimately what controls the clock is first downs and we do that a lot with Mahomes.  It's the 3 and outs that kill.  The other component of controlling the clock is the defense figuring out how to get a stop once in a while.  And they are starting to do that. 

I agree you can't throw hail Mary's every down, but I think for two years of Mahomes, they've done a really good job of taking shots when they are there and also working the short and intermediate passing game.  I would hate for them to change their game plan based on what they have had to do for Matt Moore.

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I realize there's more variables than just the change of quarterbacks.   But Moore has already been sacked as many times as Mahomes.  And we've overall lost the time of possession in Moore's two starts.  Ultimately what controls the clock is first downs and we do that a lot with Mahomes.  It's the 3 and outs that kill.  The other component of controlling the clock is the defense figuring out how to get a stop once in a while.  And they are starting to do that. 

I agree you can't throw hail Mary's every down, but I think for two years of Mahomes, they've done a really good job of taking shots when they are there and also working the short and intermediate passing game.  I would hate for them to change their game plan based on what they have had to do for Matt Moore.

I agree. I'm not saying to change it forever. Just until Fisher gets back and Pat is as close to 100% as possible.

I really don't wanna see Pat doing 7 step drops with Cam "My Bad" Erving protecting his blind side.

22 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

If we give up 150+ rushing yards we lose. The QB and passing game is not scary, corners will need to play a lot of unassisted coverage schemes.

They've been doing that for the last 3 wks now.

I'm not too worried about the secondary anymore.