NFL.com: Chargers, NFL reportedly considering relocating franchise to London on permanent basis amid L.A. failures

BroncoStud

The Los Angeles Chargers continue to be a disappointment for the NFL. Not in the sense that they're not good on the field (although sometimes that's the case, at least until November rolls around), but in the sense that the Chargers cannot manage to generate any fan interest in L.A. 

As a result, the Chargers could be the first NFL team to move to London on a full-time basis. According to a report from Vincent Bonsignore of The Athletic, the Bolts and the NFL both have interest in the Chargers taking their talents across the pond. 

Bonsignore, writing with a London dateline, reports "the possibility of the Chargers moving to London has been broached among league personnel" and the "Chargers would at least listen if the NFL approached them about London as a possible option."

The report indicates the Chargers are "fully committed" to moving into the NFL's new $4.5 billion facility in Los Angeles, where they will share space with the Rams.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-nfl-reportedly-considering-relocating-franchise-to-london-on-permanent-basis-amid-la-failures/?fbclid=IwAR0vbrRhkYhnMFUx3AtV2PkdQbEJIJP_D1mtAfKm0oelb4R6bdWR9uhCtvE

5 hours ago, DieHard said:

Rainy as hell over here. The flight is a nightmare. I can’t image any franchise wanting to move here.  I would take Mexico City or Calgary seven days a week and twice on Sunday over England.

Won't ever happen.

A. Spanos is too cheap, to have a team in England they would have to have two facilities. No way they could play 8 games in the U.S. and 8 in the UK without having a facilities in both places. And I don't see the NFL shelling out the cash to compensate them, that would cause shit through out the league if they did.

B. Is the NFL really going to grant each team a bye week after every game in the UK? They do now and would have to continue the practice. 

C. Are the Chargers ever going to play a state side Thursday night game after a Sunday game in the UK?

D. What team is going to want to play a playoff game in the UK with the possibility of turning around the following week and playing a playoff game in the U.S.?

E. Not a soccer fan but if I'm not mistaken doesn't the local soccer team play this time of the year? I believe I heard someone say the Chargers would share the stadium with the local soccer team.

F. Is the NFL ready to break the AFL West up? Are they willing to tear apart rivalries like NYG vs Dal, Chargers vs AFC West, or any other possible divorces. Do they want to move the Chargers to the NFC after being in the AFC their entire existence? 

G. Owners will look at all these issues and never vote for the move.

These are just a few things off the top of my head and I'm sure there are more reasons why this is area 51 material vs being realistic. I agree a Canada, Mexico or even Hawaii team would be more realistic.