Chiefs current DVOA Rankings

6 hours ago, dksww said:

You can toggle between offense and defense with the left drop down.  Be sure to set the year to 2019 on the right drop down.

Chiefs are currently 2nd in offense and are an eye opening 11th overall on defense.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef/2019

I saw that. And yet the narrative through many of the analysts and fanbases around the league is that the Chiefs defense stinks. For this team I think playing with a chip suits them. Don't show them any love...keep trashing them all the way to the playoffs.

5 hours ago, dhitter said:

I saw that. And yet the narrative through many of the analysts and fanbases around the league is that the Chiefs defense stinks. For this team I think playing with a chip suits them. Don't show them any love...keep trashing them all the way to the playoffs.

Spags seems to be figuring out what he has and at least taking away a few parts of the opposing offenses and generating a ton of pressure on the QB.  

44 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Not to mention KC has played some strong offenses.

At the very least this scheme isn’t letting many of these QBs get comfortable. Cousins is a 70 percent passer who was under 50 percent on Sunday.  

Just now, DefensiveMan said:

Good stuff, Semo. This Titans offense is poor man's Vikings' offense basically. Tannehill is a mediocre Cousins. Henry is the guy man #22 needs to be contained. We all remember what he did to us in the 2017 Wildcard. 

If KC Dline plays like they have been, I don't see any possible way we lose....With the exception of multiple turnovers.

The fact that we're higher in DVOA than you might expect checks out to me.  I feel like we've been playing some very good situational defense.  We couldn't stop the run and get off the field against Indianapolis and Houston, and that was bad.  We made some plays against Green Bay but then gave up big plays, and that was also bad.  Detroit was a weird mix, as we let them run all over us but got turnovers and stops when it mattered.  So that's four bad games.  And I would put that up against five pretty good games.  We held Jacksonville and Baltimore (despite one or two bad looking drives) in check and built big leads before giving up some garbage time scores.  We gave up early scores to Oakland and Denver before dominating them for an average of 8 points.  Then we got the job done against a good offense in Minnesota.  What we HAVEN'T had is the sort of Big 12, Zero Defense Shoot-out like we had against the Rams or Patriots last year.  So I think we're better than last year, and if our offense gets healthy and we can continue to improve on D I think we're in great shape.

54 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

The fact that we're higher in DVOA than you might expect checks out to me.  I feel like we've been playing some very good situational defense.  We couldn't stop the run and get off the field against Indianapolis and Houston, and that was bad.  We made some plays against Green Bay but then gave up big plays, and that was also bad.  Detroit was a weird mix, as we let them run all over us but got turnovers and stops when it mattered.  So that's four bad games.  And I would put that up against five pretty good games.  We held Jacksonville and Baltimore (despite one or two bad looking drives) in check and built big leads before giving up some garbage time scores.  We gave up early scores to Oakland and Denver before dominating them for an average of 8 points.  Then we got the job done against a good offense in Minnesota.  What we HAVEN'T had is the sort of Big 12, Zero Defense Shoot-out like we had against the Rams or Patriots last year.  So I think we're better than last year, and if our offense gets healthy and we can continue to improve on D I think we're in great shape.

That shootout game is coming. Just the nature of the NFL and the reality somebody will exploit our weaknesses the right way at some point. But it will be an outlier rather than the norm. And that's big. You need to be able to win in January with different types of games. We are moving closer to having that ability. The D is clearly a more competent group thats much better coached. 

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

Mahomes was hurt early with that ankle. Hill was hurt early. Fisher out.  We have not seen Mahomes with Hardman & Hill together yet.  Hill on punt returns soon is a huge difference. We have not seen the best of this team yet. Defense missing key guys. Both the offense, defense and SP should get better each week. This is the season KC finishes strong.