Mitchell Trubisky

Spfdchiefsfan

15 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I'm just happy they weren't smart enough to draft Mahomes and followed the hype of all scouts chanting "Trubisky is the most NFL-ready QB". Looks like he was ready to become the waterboy. 

i still don't get how they thought he was already NFL caliber when he only had one year as a starter at UNC

2 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i still don't get how they thought he was already NFL caliber when he only had one year as a starter at UNC

He had good stats in his lone year as a starter and I guess they liked him as a backup but besides physical appearance but judging a player NFL-ready in a single season is just stupid. I bet some guy started the hype and the rest jumped on the bandwagon. 

3 minutes ago, sith13 said:

He had good stats in his lone year as a starter and I guess they liked him as a backup but besides physical appearance but judging a player NFL-ready in a single season is just stupid. I bet some guy started the hype and the rest jumped on the bandwagon. 

worked out great for us and the texans....😄

Bears fans will talk about what could have been for a long time.  But to understand how bad Todd Blackledge was, one must realize that Mitch Trubisky has already passed him for career wins, career yards, career touchdowns and completions.  114 Yards Per Game for a career and a 48% completion rate is really hard to imagine. 

• 2 weeks later...

While everyone in Chicago is ready to cut bait on him, I don't think the Bears should give up on him just yet.  Nagy needs to cut bait with the glorified college coach Offensive Coordinator and bring in Jay Gruden to install a classic Gruden Offense with quick routes and lots of bootlegs.

Give him some big targets to work with that can high point the ball in that Chicago wind and get more quickly timed plays in place so that he's spending less time scanning and thinking and utilize his athleticism a little bit more. 

When he came out in the draft I saw a lot of Rich Gannon like capability in him and I never would have thought to try and insert Gannon into an Andy Reid offense.

Quick passes, find a 2nd TE that isn't garbage and roll him out of the pocket and keep the Defense on its toes more.  Trying to play him like he's Alex Smith lite is dumb.