Raiders/Chiefs

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

Raiders play two games now against teams with a combined 1-15 record. Very likely they come to Arrowhead 8-5 in what will be one of the few big time games between these historic rivals in decades. 

Only see 2 losses on the raiders schedule. 
chiefs can’t slip up again.

raiders looking at 10-6

24 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Only see 2 losses on the raiders schedule. 
chiefs can’t slip up again.

raiders looking at 10-6

They have us, Tenn, Jax and SD. I can see 2 or maybe 3 losses. Denver will be no slouch either of the HC is fighting for his job.

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

They have us, Tenn, Jax and SD. I can see 2 or maybe 3 losses. Denver will be no slouch either of the HC is fighting for his job.

If we have to count on below .500 teams winning multiple games against them we may be in trouble though. They play a lot like the Colts and control clock behind a really good oline. But they aren’t dynamic anywhere.  

28 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Another way to look at it is 10 wins including a win over Oakland wins this division. 

Yeah, I'm not going to take anything for granted but we're definitely in the driver's seat.  We should beat Oakland at Arrowhead and go 10-6 minimum.  Going to be very hard for either OAK or LAC to catch that.

22 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

If we have to count on below .500 teams winning multiple games against them we may be in trouble though. They play a lot like the Colts and control clock behind a really good oline. But they aren’t dynamic anywhere.  

Those teams are 4 or 5 wins and are in the hunt for the 2nd wild card too. They have something to play for as of now.

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

If we can’t beat the Raiders we aren’t real SB contenders.  The Raiders are a solid team but they aren’t great anywhere. 

I know there's always a chance we lay an egg for no reason, but barring injuries I'll be shocked if we lose to the Raiders based on what we did to them in Oakland this year and our history in Arrowhead - we haven't lose to them in KC in the Reid era.

25 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I know there's always a chance we lay an egg for no reason, but barring injuries I'll be shocked if we lose to the Raiders based on what we did to them in Oakland this year and our history in Arrowhead - we haven't lose to them in KC in the Reid era.

our History  at Arrowhead  is taking a real hit.. this is the first team  I can remember in decades that HFA is not a thing

The odds are always  good for a "first time"..its like an announcer jinxing a Kicker buy saying  he has not a missed a FG this year.. I shutter when they say  things like that.

Who cares.  The are a half step above suck.  If we can't win the division we don't deserve it and if we can't beat them in the playoffs, we REALLY don't deserve it.  Point is, we win this weekend and we are 1.5 game ahead if we lose we are still .5 game ahead.  We are still in the driver's seat, so who cares about their schedule and what their record could be.  We do our job and we are good...

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

our History  at Arrowhead  is taking a real hit.. this is the first team  I can remember in decades that HFA is not a thing

The odds are always  good for a "first time"..its like an announcer jinxing a Kicker buy saying  he has not a missed a FG this year.. I shutter when they say  things like that.

I think our struggles at Arrowhead are overblown.  Last year we went 8-2---the only two losses were a literal last-minute 1-point loss, then an OT loss.  We broke the home playoff game curse, and got closer to the Superbowl than we have since we won it.  Then this year, all three home losses were with Mahomes at less than 100% or out.  I think Arrowhead helped us a lot against Minnesota.

50 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’m not worried about losing to the raiders.

but they could run the table minus us. thats 11-5 folks.

I'm crazy confident that won't happen.

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I think our struggles at Arrowhead are overblown.  Last year we went 8-2---the only two losses were a literal last-minute 1-point loss, then an OT loss.  We broke the home playoff game curse, and got closer to the Superbowl than we have since we won it.  Then this year, all three home losses were with Mahomes at less than 100% or out.  I think Arrowhead helped us a lot against Minnesota.

I'm crazy confident that won't happen.

Most likely not 

16 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Its the Raiders. Rivers is just average now. Raiders may be a little better but no way 10-6. 

Did you actually look at their schedule?

have you watched them play?

they aren’t amazing but they are competent. They are bearing the teams in front of them.

We each have 7 games left.  Assuming we beat the Raiders in Arrowhead, we effectively have a 3 game lead in the division since we would own the tie breaker.  That would mean they need to make up 3 games in the remaining 6.  I just don't see it happening but our schedule is much tougher going forward than theirs for sure. 

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

We've played the most difficult home schedule in the NFL so far this year. Heck the Raiders game will likely represent six straight games against teams with winning records. When you factor this in with the major injury issues, I don't think home field has been impacted as much as people think. I mean we just beat one of the NFC favorites and the hottest QB in the NFL with a third string QB. 

The concern about Oakland is they have a great offensive line and like to pound the ball and control the clock like Indy did. They don't have however have Indy's defense and hopefully we won't be as banged up as we were in that game. I'd love it to be a big game atmosphere rather than some team sneaking in here we aren't emotionally charged up for like I feel bit us against the Colts

5 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The concern about Oakland is they have a great offensive line and like to pound the ball and control the clock like Indy did. They don't have however have Indy's defense and hopefully we won't be as banged up as we were in that game. I'd love it to be a big game atmosphere rather than some team sneaking in here we aren't emotionally charged up for like I feel bit us against the Colts

Carr has not shown he is great in the clutch. Oak has won a few very very lucky games and played a soft schedule. Low expectations now replaced with over hyped. Pressure = Raiders falling short. Indy missed two easy field goals and an extra point. Det had it won on their last drive until their coach completely choked with first & goal at the one. Rivers threw three stupid picks and two others that were reversed by off sides.