Raiders/Chiefs

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

The concern about Oakland is they have a great offensive line and like to pound the ball and control the clock like Indy did. They don't have however have Indy's defense and hopefully we won't be as banged up as we were in that game. I'd love it to be a big game atmosphere rather than some team sneaking in here we aren't emotionally charged up for like I feel bit us against the Colts

The concern about Oakland is their schedule.  They are 1-4 against teams with winning records.  An early win against the Colts.  They have a bunch of close wins against 3 win teams that could have gone either way.  I don't think they are for real, but they have a lot of poor teams coming up.  I don't see them beating us or the Chargers, and I think they'll drop at least one of the other games. 

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The concern about Oakland is they have a great offensive line and like to pound the ball and control the clock like Indy did. They don't have however have Indy's defense and hopefully we won't be as banged up as we were in that game. I'd love it to be a big game atmosphere rather than some team sneaking in here we aren't emotionally charged up for like I feel bit us against the Colts

I don't see why our next game against Oakland should be any different than Week 2, barring injuries.

Just now, Adamixoye said:

I don't see why our next game against Oakland should be any different than Week 2, barring injuries.

Exactly. Their pass defense is awful and they lost their #1 safety last night. Cry me a Rivers gave the Raiders that game. Now KC can officially eliminate the Chargers on Monday Night Football. Mexico is a neutral site.

oakland has 3 more division games. that’s a big deal. let’s not think for one minute that san diego or denver is a calk walk for oakland or for that matter kc. 

yes oakland got lucky with rivers but they also made the play. 

our chiefs will be fine. reid always has them ready especially for division games. 

7 hours ago, reesebobby said:

The concern about Oakland is their schedule.  They are 1-4 against teams with winning records.  An early win against the Colts.  They have a bunch of close wins against 3 win teams that could have gone either way.  I don't think they are for real, but they have a lot of poor teams coming up.  I don't see them beating us or the Chargers, and I think they'll drop at least one of the other games. 

At worst we just need to split the next two and then beat them. One game lead and the tie breaker with four left would put us in really good position with mostly teams left who will be dead in the water.  

8 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Disagree about their oline being "great". We applied good pressure on Carr (sacked 3 times) and he was rattled. Yeah they rushed over 100yds, but our Run D has improved. The way we are playing currently on D, and Spags dialing up some nice playcalling.....the outcome will be the same coming off a bye week. W

43 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

Disagree about their oline being "great". We applied good pressure on Carr (sacked 3 times) and he was rattled. Yeah they rushed over 100yds, but our Run D has improved. The way we are playing currently on D, and Spags dialing up some nice playcalling.....the outcome will be the same coming off a bye week. W

They weren’t healthy when we played them and they have gotten better. That oline and RB are the catalyst of that team. They rank as the 4th best run blocking line and 2nd best pass blocking. What the Raiders don’t have like the Colts is TY Hilton. Or the same defense.  They play hard and are well coached. But if we are healthy it’s gonna take turnovers for them to beat us.  

46 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

They weren’t healthy when we played them and they have gotten better. That oline and RB are the catalyst of that team. They rank as the 4th best run blocking line and 2nd best pass blocking. What the Raiders don’t have like the Colts is TY Hilton. Or the same defense.  They play hard and are well coached. But if we are healthy it’s gonna take turnovers for them to beat us.  

I think the pass block ranking is a bit deceiving. Carr is a dink and dunker and doesn't push the ball downfield often. You can see he gets uncomfortable the longer he sits back in the pocket

7 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Yeah they need someone who can stretch the field.  Honestly they should take a look at Antonio Brown.

6 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

I think the pass block ranking is a bit deceiving. Carr is a dink and dunker and doesn't push the ball downfield often. You can see he gets uncomfortable the longer he sits back in the pocket

No doubt. They are dink and dink 101 occasional going intermediate down the seams to Weller. 

The East Bay Times reports Karl Joseph (foot) could miss the rest of the season.

An MRI revealed a "substantial" foot injury for Joseph, who went down late in Thursday night's win. It's a bad break for Joseph in a contract year, and a blow to a Raiders secondary that's also without Lamarcus Joyner (hamstring). The Raiders signed D.J. Swearinger to help replace Joseph, with Daryl Worley and Curtis Riley also candidates for expanded roles.

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

The East Bay Times reports Karl Joseph (foot) could miss the rest of the season.

An MRI revealed a "substantial" foot injury for Joseph, who went down late in Thursday night's win. It's a bad break for Joseph in a contract year, and a blow to a Raiders secondary that's also without Lamarcus Joyner (hamstring). The Raiders signed D.J. Swearinger to help replace Joseph, with Daryl Worley and Curtis Riley also candidates for expanded roles.

He was starting to ball. He’s looked good Imo 

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

He was starting to ball. He’s looked good Imo 

Even after that terrible game yesterday one thing is clear until proven wrong, Andy Reid beats the teams in his division more often than not. Until that probably goes up in flames, this team is in trouble, I still expect them to beat the Raiders.