How high a pick or how much money would you guys be willing to commit to this position come April, if you were Veach?  Knowing we are in dire need of IOL, CB, and a LB who can cover. Not to mention we are going to likely have the biggest contract in NFL history on our books.

Our offense has missed Hunt and having a guy who doesnt have to come off the field. It really has. Reid actually trusted Hunt enough to involve him heavily in game planning, and that's notable with Reid history.

Obviously Shady isnt here long term. Darrel Williams isnt gonna be a feature back or they would be feeding him by now, plus he is a free agent. Damien Williams doesnt have the vision, instincts, or elusiveness to be a bellcow. Darwin Thompson isnt even gameday active most weeks, and he isnt gonna handle 25 carries a game.

So what say you? Do you sign a Lamar Miller, Jordan Howard, or Kenyan Drake? Go all in on Melvin Gordon or Derrick Henry? 

Or do you use a 3rd, 4th or 5th rounder and hope to find your Aaron Jones or Marlon Mack. For me this is the best route. I'm not saying Darwin is a wasted pick. I just wish they would have used the pick on a guy with the size to develop into an ever down guy.

I'd be willing to go as high as the second round on a RB.  The subtraction of Hunt completely changed the dynamic of the offense.   People will say we don't run the ball anyway, so RB is an afterthought, but I'd argue that RB is more important in this offense due to the complexity and all of the route running as a receiver out of the backfield.  We really need that threat, and someone like a Dalvin Cook would make this offense unstoppable.  We need a versatile back to compliment the passing and be another weapon in that department.  Operating as if we can plug any random piece of shit into that position is doing the offense a major disservice. 

5 hours ago, FANATIC said:

LOL. Agree no draft resources on RB. This offense is pass first and can plug & play Rbs.

That's not true.  

I know where Lukas is going with the RB question, it was so nice to have Kareem Hunt but at the same time we can't spend high draft capital or $ on. 

RBs tend to fall in the draft so I would just keep rolling the dice on RBs 4th round on until you find the guy you can lean on.

8 hours ago, kkuenn said:

LeSean McCoy being inactive is due to three factors: His fumbling problem, Damien Williams is healthy and playing better and the Chiefs' desire to get Darwin Thompson into the playing rotation.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fteicher_adam.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Adam Teicher, ESPN Staff Writer13m ago

Strong desire to involve Thompson today. 1 catch and 1 carry.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

He is a FA after this year. No need to do a trade at all.

I truly wonder if they would consider this. Someone is gonna get him for pennies on the dollar because Chubb isnt yielding carries to him, so it's not like he will have great stats to point at. Would make the fans ecstatic. A success story. Hes stayed out of trouble, rehabilitated himself, etc.

He was perfect for our offense. Great hands, never fumbled, could get yards inside or outside, and his lower body strength and balance was exceptional. He almost never went down on the first hit, so he made short yardage situations easy calls for Reid. Instead of screen passes to Blake fucking Bell.

23 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Maybe if he had told the truth to the organization instead acting like a punk ass bitch he'd still be here.

I didn't want him canned but I understand why. I have always said, I root for the team and not a single player so if they bring him back I will support him again, but as of now he's a Brownie. 

You nailed it. It’s exactly why. He lied.