if they can get hunt go get him period. reid needs to build this team to run and play physical because if they don’t mahomes career will end short if u keep throwing it 40+ times a game. plus it creates a lot of pressure on lineman and hence penalties. 

id go out of the norm against san diego and run sherman. he ain’t gonna fumble and if a LB wants to fill the hole go ahead. go heavy formations and physically beat up the chargers. 

do u guys recall when haley was so pissed about how we ran the ball that the next game he dialed runs all day long?

On 11/10/2019 at 10:43 AM, Iluvhouse24 said:

How high a pick or how much money would you guys be willing to commit to this position come April, if you were Veach?  Knowing we are in dire need of IOL, CB, and a LB who can cover. Not to mention we are going to likely have the biggest contract in NFL history on our books.

Our offense has missed Hunt and having a guy who doesnt have to come off the field. It really has. Reid actually trusted Hunt enough to involve him heavily in game planning, and that's notable with Reid history.

Obviously Shady isnt here long term. Darrel Williams isnt gonna be a feature back or they would be feeding him by now, plus he is a free agent. Damien Williams doesnt have the vision, instincts, or elusiveness to be a bellcow. Darwin Thompson isnt even gameday active most weeks, and he isnt gonna handle 25 carries a game.

So what say you? Do you sign a Lamar Miller, Jordan Howard, or Kenyan Drake? Go all in on Melvin Gordon or Derrick Henry? 

Or do you use a 3rd, 4th or 5th rounder and hope to find your Aaron Jones or Marlon Mack. For me this is the best route. I'm not saying Darwin is a wasted pick. I just wish they would have used the pick on a guy with the size to develop into an ever down guy.

Third round is as early as I’d ever draft a RB. I do think Veach was pretty interested in some day two guys last year. That and the fact they so quickly signed Shady tells me they weren’t comfortable with the group. We really need to see more Darwin Thompson.  

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Third round is as early as I’d ever draft a RB. I do think Veach was pretty interested in some day two guys last year. That and the fact they so quickly signed Shady tells me they weren’t comfortable with the group. We really need to see more Darwin Thompson.  

Jumped on Hyde quickly too. 

26 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Is it really the lack of ability at running back? Or a combination of poor interior line play, turnovers and Andy Reid's love for the passing game?

It's definitely a mix of all. Just remember Larry Johnson behind that beast of a line, he averaged like 2.5 yards once he was left to play with a lame one. 

I just don’t get people still talking about Hunt.  Chiefs never cut him because of what he did.  It’s 100% because he lied about it.  Hunt will never be a Chief again. 

plenty of good RBs on the FA market this coming year or trade/draft one.  Rumors were Chiefs had talks with Jets about Bell before deadline so Veach does see the problem it seems.  

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

Is it really the lack of ability at running back? Or a combination of poor interior line play, turnovers and Andy Reid's love for the passing game?

A little of both.  If the Chiefs had a really good RB, Reid would use him more, but that's apparently not a priority. . 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

It's definitely a mix of all. Just remember Larry Johnson behind that beast of a line, he averaged like 2.5 yards once he was left to play with a lame one. 

Then does it stand to reason that if our Oline improved, the RBs secured the ball better and Andy committed more to the run game that the backs we have would look a whole lot better?....or would they still be bad IYO?

1 minute ago, dhitter said:

Then does it stand to reason that if our Oline improved, the RBs secured the ball better and Andy committed more to the run game that the backs we have would look a whole lot better?....or would they still be bad IYO?

I think theyd improve, but I still dont believe we have a feature back on our roster. Idk how much of a priority that will be in the offseason. 

The offensive line will be a huge priority. But RB, I just dont know...

1 hour ago, ChiefThunder said:

The oline we have really that much worse than the line Hunt was running behind? McCoy has been able to find holes...Damien runs like he's blindfolded. We need to give Darrel more opportunities. 

Agree. With Williams it's really about his lack of instincts and vision. Fortunately he's dirt cheap and an excellent 3rd down option. But our offense has not been the same since we cut Hunt. 

As far as the line goes I think its more about protecting Mahomes than blowing holes open for a RB. We have invested jack squat on our interior 3 and it shows. That needs to get shored up this offseason. 1sr rd pick being an o-linemen wouldnt bother me a bit. 

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

I think so, OL lets a lot of contact in the backfield which is a huge problem and the RBs seem to carry the ball like a loaf of bread. Then Andy is Andy, he simply doesn't seem to like running :unsure: