The sky is not falling

Last week we won a game we should have lost.  This week we lost a game we should have won.   Some of it was execution.  A lot of it was luck...good and bad.   Overreaction is common in this fanbase.   But a little reality is also necessary.   The expression Any Given Sunday is pretty appropriate.  Take a chill pill.

Well, a ramshackle offensive line pretty much precludes any hope of offense and yet the offense was solid. So, when the line gets healthy they should be back to their spectacular selves. 

The penalties are a killer, along with the dropped passes. One less penalty and the outcome is different.

Meh, it's another week in Chiefs kingdom. This is how it goes. 

When the Super Bowl is the expectation, you are going to get this reaction. When the coaches step on their dicks for 6 years, you are going to get this reaction.

piling up some of the worst losses in kc history.

chiefs still have the talent to win it all.

they just can’t put it all together. Story of our lives.

For Chiefs fans, Games like these normally happen in the playoffs when they have a 12 and 4 record and get stunned by the wildcard team. It just happened early this year. This is my team and yours and right now it’s darker with 4 losses in the last 6 games. Fix it now and pray it’s enough to get them into the playoffs on a hot streak. Otherwise they may not even make the playoffs. It’s not a matter of saying the sky isn’t falling it simply is. Sorry 😐 

2 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I think we finish 8-8 or even 7-9. Raiders probably win. Chargers will find a way to screw us over at least once. Patriots blow us out. Bears and Broncos should probably be wins, but the way the defense plays Trubisky probably has a career game.

Just so you know. There is a suicide hot line available. Its free. 😉

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

Just so you know. There is a suicide hot line available. Its free. 😉

I am fine. But there is no reason to believe we turn it around with so many division games left. They will all be hard. Lose Monday, the Raiders will be foaming at the mouth to put us away.

2 hours ago, wilkie said:

Last week we won a game we should have lost.  This week we lost a game we should have won.   Some of it was execution.  A lot of it was luck...good and bad.   Overreaction is common in this fanbase.   But a little reality is also necessary.   The expression Any Given Sunday is pretty appropriate.  Take a chill pill.

Every fan base tends to overreact. True. I do feel the sky has not fallen for this defense. Its not much better than last season. It has a very low ceiling. This team will only go as far as the offense can take it. Same as last year. Hoping Andy Reid takes a clock management seminar asap. 

1 minute ago, Thegoatee said:

I am fine. But there is no reason to believe we turn it around with so many division games left. They will all be hard. Lose Monday, the Raiders will be foaming at the mouth to put us away.

Agree. THE AFC WEST is at play. I think KC still dominates division games. Andy has that mastered.

We still play em ONE GAME AT A TIME  Marty used to call it the 11:00 rule.   Hope we learned something today but its almost time to worry about next Monday night in Mexico City.   I apologize for the underline.   My computer does this on its own from time to time.   Remember:   ONE GAME AT A TIME.    

KC has lost 3 of the last 4 Mahomes starts. Hard to believe... This is who the Chiefs are. A very good team and not an elite team. So one game at a time is the safe, reasonable and 2019 Chiefs Football reality. Beat the Chargers and stay focused one win at a time. Need to win the division first.

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

You should be worried when the day comes when there is no reaction. That means the Chiefs have finally killed the fans passion.

Exactly what Thegoatee said!

For a fan base that sat through Martyball's all defense, no offense team...then Vermeil's all offense, no defense teams...and now watching Reid's all offense, no defense team, which has gotten to the playoffs only to lose how many times, we have a right to fuss.  Oh, and I won't even mention the 50 years since the last Super Bowl appearance. 

13 minutes ago, wilkie said:

We still play em ONE GAME AT A TIME  Marty used to call it the 11:00 rule.   Hope we learned something today but its almost time to worry about next Monday night in Mexico City.   I apologize for the underline.   My computer does this on its own from time to time.   Remember:   ONE GAME AT A TIME.    

Lmao that Phyllis Rivers will be hungry, Wilk. Melvin Gordon might tear us up. Gonna be a struggle. 

But that is where our energy needs to focus DMan.   If we focus on one game at a time,  this stuff will work itself out.   Thankfully after San Diego we get a BYE week for people to start healing  (particularly Fisher).   But for now its Phillip Rivers and Melvin Gordon.   And we can say a special prayer that Antonio Gates finally retired..

1 hour ago, wilkie said:

But that is where our energy needs to focus DMan.   If we focus on one game at a time,  this stuff will work itself out.   Thankfully after San Diego we get a BYE week for people to start healing  (particularly Fisher).   But for now its Phillip Rivers and Melvin Gordon.   And we can say a special prayer that Antonio Gates finally retired..

San Diego, is better than Tennessee.

they have weapons. Chiefs better start playing 

Although the current roster is deeper than that of 2014's Chiefs, this season has become eerily familiar: The line's not healthy, the quarterback's taking a beating, and the defense is giving up games it should have been able to hold. The Chiefs need to start winning games again, but they must beat the Raiders when they come to Kansas City.