The sky is not falling

Wow, just looked at the stats. The Chiefs dominated this game on paper. 28 1st downs, 530 yards of offense. TOP in favor of the Chiefs 37:51 vs. 22:09 and they still lost.

The sky is not falling but it sure feels like it. 

Oh come on!   Let us stop pretending like everything is fine.   Teams deal with injuries.  Good teams figure a way to win.   We have zero killer instinct.  Andy Reid goes full on Vanilla if we go up 10 points.   He doesn't want to pile it on and that might be all well and good in Peewee football but the other team gets paid to stop us.   Bury teams when you have a chance, keep the pedal down.   You keep Joey Ivie on the active roster and scratch Mike Pennel.......against a tool of a qb who's identity is smash mouth football.   I was afraid of this and even mentioned it in post earlier this week.  Mahomes comes back and everyone takes it easy like he's the solution for everything.   Chris Jones and Ogbah looked like they had something to prove (oh wait both are on contract years) and  ST is and has been absolute garbage this year.   We are 6-4!   We quite literally should be 9-1 even with all the injuries.   Good teams figure a way to win.  I seem to recall an 11-5 Matt Cassell team once and we all know how bad Matt Cassell was.   This year has resembled the utterly frustrating Alex Smith years.  Winning games you shouldn't and losing games you shouldn't to teams that should be easy to defend because they are pretty one dimensional, but we find a way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.    We aren't learning from our mistakes because we have zero accountability for them, we are repeating them game after game after game.   I'm not calling for anyones head but Dave Toub can go fly a kite after the year.  

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

Wow, just looked at the stats. The Chiefs dominated this game on paper. 28 1st downs, 530 yards of offense. TOP in favor of the Chiefs 37:51 vs. 22:09 and they still lost.

The sky is not falling but it sure feels like it. 

Because it takes an inept coaching staff and some stupid player mistakes and calls to lose a game like that.  But its Andy's fault and he will do better next time to make sure we lose to inferior teams in a different way.

I think until proven otherwise, we do not trust the Defense to win the game for us.  If we have 3rd and 2 with a chance to seal victory with a first down, then we run two plays to get the first down.  The only team capable of stopping us from gaining 2 yards on 2 plays is ourselves. What I did not expect was such poor special teams play today.  It does seem to me that the entire team let a big exhale after stepping it up with Patrick out the last 2 games.  They relaxed.  No time to relax.  That is how you lose games your shouldn't.

KC will be fine, but they need to remember this game well.  You can never relax

Its a great day & week ahead. No reason to watch or listen to any NFL stuff.  Lots of free time this week to do something more constructive.

I hope Mahomes gets all over those guys asses. He works hard to come back. He plays an amazing game. Then....He watches his team mates screw each other.

Chiefs players must have spent the week watching their individual highlights, listening to media praise, dreaming of their next commercial, writing a new rap song, dancing the nights away , preparing for their next podcast interview and acting career. 

I have noticed Reid has been a little cautious when praising this team. It started in camp. I felt he was trying to keep them focused on the next game vs all the MEDIA & FAN ACCOLADES. Even when talking about Mahomes. I like that. I dont blame Andy for that loss. Sure 20/20 could-a-should-a.

DEFENSELESS: You let a team score a TD with under a minute left and no time outs. All the other crap does not matter. It was TENN/Tannehill and their top receivers out. SPAGS BETTER RIP SOME ASSES. 

At the end of the day we fans suffer as the players go home to their pampered luxury celebrity lives and enjoy it...even after a loss. KA-CHING! 

30 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Its a great day & week ahead. No reason to watch or listen to any NFL stuff.  Lots of free time this week to do something more constructive.

I hope Mahomes gets all over those guys asses. He works hard to come back. He plays an amazing game. Then....He watches his team mates screw each other.

Chiefs players must have spent the week watching their individual highlights, listening to media praise, dreaming of their next commercial, writing a new rap song, dancing the nights away , preparing for their next podcast interview and acting career. 

I have noticed Reid has been a little cautious when praising this team. It started in camp. I felt he was trying to keep them focused on the next game vs all the MEDIA & FAN ACCOLADES. Even when talking about Mahomes. I like that. I dont blame Andy for that loss. Sure 20/20 could-a-should-a.

DEFENSELESS: You let a team score a TD with under a minute left and no time outs. All the other crap does not matter. It was TENN/Tannehill and their top receivers out. SPAGS BETTER RIP SOME ASSES. 

At the end of the day we fans suffer as the players go home to their pampered luxury celebrity lives and enjoy it...even after a loss. KA-CHING! 

Yea at this point all the matters is making the playoffs, which they will. They need games like these to learn from. 

9 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I just dont understand how they regress like this. They bottled up Dalvin Cook who is an elite back behind an outstanding line. Then this week it's like we went back in time a month.

Yep. I'm here in Nashville. The talk all week had been "why isn't Derrick Henry doing more"...."is Tannehill really the answer or do we go after a QB in the draft?"..."this offensive line sucks!"

After Sunday things look a whole lot better to Titans fans and we are the ones trying to figure out the "what happened."