Did Chris Jones and Frank Clark disrupt our run defense chemistry?

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

MARVIN K MOONEY........WILL YOU PLEASE GO NOW.  Dr Seuss..........FANATIC TAKE: FRANK CLARK WILL YOU PLEASE GO HOME.

Chiefs DE Frank Clark admitted he's been playing through a pinched nerve all season.

Clark said the pinched nerve has been bothering him since training camp. Some of his symptoms include "burning sensations" in his arm and numbness in his fingers. Clark feels the ailment could be to blame for his poor performance this year (PFF's No. 50 4-3 defensive end among 57 positional qualifiers). "I've been playing kind of timid this whole season," Clark mused after Sunday's loss to Tennessee. "That's why I've been kind of slow." The 26-year-old finished among the league leaders with 14 sacks last season but has only been credited with four QB takedowns in 2019.

Chargers are probably thankful for this reveal.....nice going dumb-ass. Guess you will see much of Gordon & Ekler coming your way next Monday in Prime Time. Of course they could see it by watching film too. FRANK CLARK PLEASE GO HOME....THIS DOES NOT MAKE YOU A HERO.

15 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

Why was Pennell inactive? Biggest question from a lot of people. 

No one knows.  No reason was given.  I mean I get they may still be trying things out and what works or not, but after the last 3 weeks how can you not just keep doing that?

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Chargers are probably thankful for this reveal.....nice going dumb-ass. Guess you will see much of Gordon & Ekler coming your way next Monday in Prime Time. Of course they could see it by watching film too. FRANK CLARK PLEASE GO HOME....THIS DOES NOT MAKE YOU A HERO.

Why are you yelling at yourself?

17 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Exactly why was Ivie playing over Saunders? Why didn't we see more of Jones on the end since Ogbah went out? Spags was bad today.

probably was answered already but heard they expected Titans to throw more which doesn't help because it doesn't make sense either

3 hours ago, dksww said:

No, the Chiefs deactivated Mike Pennel and didn't play Ragland very much at all.  They gave more snaps to Joey Ivie than Saunders and Nnadi.

For whatever reasons, Spags went with a lighter defensive front against the Titans and it was completely the wrong decision.

Yea this! No Pennell,  no run blitzes,  no rotation at DT with 4 or 5 guys. Ragland was in on goal line only?? WTF!

We play a team that lives and dies by the run,  and we run 80% Nickel and Dime??

I dont get Reid and this staff. Just mind boggling to me.

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea this! No Pennell,  no run blitzes,  no rotation at DT with 4 or 5 guys. Ragland was in on goal line only?? WTF!

We play a team that lives and dies by the run,  and we run 80% Nickel and Dime??

I dont get Reid and this staff. Just mind boggling to me.

It made 0 sense.  I thought after the last 3 games they'd use what worked in those games.  I would've just treated them like the Broncos, stack the box and force the QB to make plays.

18 minutes ago, dksww said:

It made 0 sense.  I thought after the last 3 games they'd use what worked in those games.  I would've just treated them like the Broncos, stack the box and force the QB to make plays.

Yup. When Nnadi and Saunders get rest, they play much better. I saw Nnadi out there a lot! That's the reason they racked up yds on the ground in the 2nd half.  Those fat boys got tired. The last 3 wks, we've seen a rotation of Ivie, Pennell,  Nnadi and Saunders. with Jones getting in the mix last week.  Ragland would be on the field,  and we would play a guessing game to stop the run. 

None of that yesterday.  Light boxes with either Sorenson or Williams and sorry ass hitchens. 

It's like they were terrified that Tannehill would torch them?

If you score 32 points,  you should win.

Chiefs DE Emmanuel Ogbah will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a torn pec in the Week 10 loss to the Titans.

Ogbah leads the team with 5.5 sacks after being acquired from the Browns for S Eric Murray over the offseason. The former second-round pick will be a free agent in March. His 5.5 sacks matched a career high from his rookie year. The Kansas City defense is a major weak spot, keeping the offense in weekly shootouts.

23 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

The momentum swing from a fumble return TD is huge.  It is also like 4 games in a row that a RB has lost a fumble or at least 4 out of the last 5.  With as little as we run the ball that can be crippling.   We are gifting a team points when our game plan is for them to try and play catch up.   Can't happen, at least not a return for a TD.   I'm really embarrassed we lost to such an inept team.   Ryan Tannehill is the qb and Derrick Henry has averaged 3.5 yards a game up to this point.....he's probably avg over 5 with that 200 yard outburst.   Thegoatee is right....we have to be perfect on offense.   Lesean Mccoy has not been the answer we needed and I do now believe we inquired about L. Bell.    RB is a bigger need than we think.

Speaking of fumbles. SF and Seattle both showed heart even with their starting QBs out there. 

12 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

probably was answered already but heard they expected Titans to throw more which doesn't help because it doesn't make sense either

Why would they throw more when Henry can keep screwing us like he did with ease? The #1 defensive rule in NFL is simple just stop the run, if you can't then forget about the rest.

9 hours ago, sith13 said:

Why would they throw more when Henry can keep screwing us like he did with ease? The #1 defensive rule in NFL is simple just stop the run, if you can't then forget about the rest.

Yea, did you see what the Hawks were doing last night?

They were selling out to stop the run. 5 Dlinemen and at least 7 in the box every down.

And I know that our secondary is statistically better than Seattle's.

3 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

They thought we would jump out to a lead forcing them to abandon the run....

Seems to me Spags could change his game plan during the game and probably did. Just because you think a particular approach is best does not set it in stone. Same with the offense. Titans were more determined, made more plays that counted and never gave up. Chiefs defense is what it is. The Vikings game was a mirage.

Just now, artsy said:

Yea, did you see what the Hawks were doing last night?

They were selling out to stop the run. 5 Dlinemen and at least 7 in the box every down.

And I know that our secondary is statistically better than Seattle's.

Those stats are almost worthless. 

From Arrowhead Pride:

“Defensive tackle Mike Pennel was made inactive in favor of Joey Ivie — a decision likely made based on an expectation the Chiefs would hold a bigger lead, and would therefore need more pass rushing from the defensive line. Instead, one of the Chiefs’ better run defenders during the last two weeks was left standing in street clothes as the Titans ripped off big run after big run.“

Ugh. 

2 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

From Arrowhead Pride:

“Defensive tackle Mike Pennel was made inactive in favor of Joey Ivie — a decision likely made based on an expectation the Chiefs would hold a bigger lead, and would therefore need more pass rushing from the defensive line. Instead, one of the Chiefs’ better run defenders during the last two weeks was left standing in street clothes as the Titans ripped off big run after big run.“

Ugh. 

Well, hopefully we can manage the depth chart a little better moving forward. 

8 hours ago, Calichief said:

Or how about, not be arrogant? Just a thought. Holding a big lead So, rest for a pass rusher instead... umm 

Is Ivie some dynamic pass rusher anyway? What the fuck? We got Chris Jones back. I'd say they got the necessary boost to their interior pass rush. But that wasnt enough. We had to sit Pennel on top of that, so we could have that Aaron Donald clone , Joey Ivie in there. I mean seriously, that dude should be the one standing there in jeans.

Teams run to set up the pass. Why would we go back to a personnel grouping that we couldnt stop the run all god damn year with? It allowed them to do whatever they wanted on offense.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Is Ivie some dynamic pass rusher anyway? What the fuck? We got Chris Jones back. I'd say they got the necessary boost to their interior pass rush. But that wasnt enough. We had to sit Pennel on top of that, so we could have that Aaron Donald clone , Joey Ivie in there. I mean seriously, that dude should be the one standing there in jeans.

Teams run to set up the pass. Why would we go back to a personnel grouping that we couldnt stop the run all god damn year with? It allowed them to do whatever they wanted on offense.

That's the part I don't understand. The only weapon your opponent has is a RB and you bench a guy who had a very good performance against the run in favor of a guy who's dead last in depth chart against the pass.

9 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Spags even said in his presser this afternoon they kept Ivie in for pass rushing situations. Never seen the guy even hit a QB let alone get a sack.