The Titans board was commenting what a choke Reid is even before this game. Yes they expected to lose and lose big. Reid has a reputation of choking in the big games. I have no reason to expect that will change. Its like he has clock management PTSD in the last 2 minutes of each half.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

The Titans board was commenting what a choke Reid is even before this game. Yes they expected to lose and lose big. Reid has a reputation of choking in the big games. I have no reason to expect that will change. Its like he has clock management PTSD in the last 2 minutes of each half.

Play calling management 

Bad decision because it failed. If it had worked and we got the 1st down and was able to run out the clock we would all be hailing Reid for not being predictable.

It failed but that did not cost us the game nearly as much as the fumble scoop for a td or letting Derrick Henry have a career day running or two botched field goals or letting Tannehill run for a 1st down on 3rd and 10 to keep a scoring drive alive.

13 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Bad decision because it failed. If it had worked and we got the 1st down and was able to run out the clock we would all be hailing Reid for not being predictable.

It failed but that did not cost us the game nearly as much as the fumble scoop for a td or letting Derrick Henry have a career day running or two botched field goals or letting Tannehill run for a 1st down on 3rd and 10 to keep a scoring drive alive.

It’s runs the clock. First down or not. Or forced their last timeout. 
It was terrible. Lineup, Handoff, and win.

23 minutes ago, Calichief said:

My mistake. Correct.

Which is why I have no problem with the call.  Our running backs have been shit.  I mean, in that situation I trust PM a hell of a lot more to not turn it over than I do Williams.  It was a quick screen, so it's not like Reid was being greedy.  The play just got covered up, good defense by the titans, and an even better decision by PM to lay down rather than spiking it into the turf or going out of bounds.  I'm perfectly fine with that play, it's just getting too much attention because of failures after the fact.  That play had nothing to do with the bad snap or whatever the fuck that abomination was, and even after the defense folded like a cheap tent in a thunderstorm, PM got us back into FG range in less than 20 seconds, only to watch the special teams shit the bed again.  Reid deserves criticism all the time, but I thought playcalling was good today, our defense simply sucks, Hill and Watkins had some drops and our shitty running back gave away 6 points.  The stupidity today was on players failing at multiple stops, as I felt the coaches had guys in the right position to make plays all day.  Reid can't call plays that negate his shitty running backs fumbling.  Spags can't call plays that negate DB's and LBs getting trucked by a fucking quarterback.  It's frustrating as all hell, but the players just didn't execute.  Honestly, outside of of Mahomes, Kelce and Hill, there's not a player on this team that I like all that much or consider vital to our success.  Bottom line, though this team has talent, it's just not that good, in the context of it's not a super bowl team like expectations dictated.  This is like the offensive version of a 90s martyball team that's going to piss down it's leg in the first game of the playoffs, if it even makes the postseason. 

21 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Which is why I have no problem with the call.  Our running backs have been shit.  I mean, in that situation I trust PM a hell of a lot more to not turn it over than I do Williams.  It was a quick screen, so it's not like Reid was being greedy.  The play just got covered up, good defense by the titans, and an even better decision by PM to lay down rather than spiking it into the turf or going out of bounds.  I'm perfectly fine with that play, it's just getting too much attention because of failures after the fact.  That play had nothing to do with the bad snap or whatever the fuck that abomination was, and even after the defense folded like a cheap tent in a thunderstorm, PM got us back into FG range in less than 20 seconds, only to watch the special teams shit the bed again.  Reid deserves criticism all the time, but I thought playcalling was good today, our defense simply sucks, Hill and Watkins had some drops and our shitty running back gave away 6 points.  The stupidity today was on players failing at multiple stops, as I felt the coaches had guys in the right position to make plays all day.  Reid can't call plays that negate his shitty running backs fumbling.  Spags can't call plays that negate DB's and LBs getting trucked by a fucking quarterback.  It's frustrating as all hell, but the players just didn't execute.  Honestly, outside of of Mahomes, Kelce and Hill, there's not a player on this team that I like all that much or consider vital to our success.  Bottom line, though this team has talent, it's just not that good, in the context of it's not a super bowl team like expectations dictated.  This is like the offensive version of a 90s martyball team that's going to piss down it's leg in the first game of the playoffs, if it even makes the postseason. 

Completely disagree. We ran the ball well today and they essentially had 2 downs to get 2 yards. Then he decides he has to outsmart everyone like usual and calls a play that ends up in a sack and forces a FG attempt. None of this subsequent stuff happens if we run the ball. They had no timeouts. We would have ran out the clock. Terrible, terrible fucking playcall.  

43 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Why are we running a play to stone hands Blake Bell on a crucial down.  Also I believe it was him who failed to block the guy who blocked the game tying fg.  I could be wrong but I think both were Blake Bell.  SMH

Lunacy by the staff. Man, give it to Sherman. What goes into think Blake bell is the answer in any Situation. My god 

12 hours ago, Calichief said:

One of the worst calls in Reid’s career in KC.

does Sherman play in kc?

At this juncture in the game the Chiefs had a 99.4% chance to win and Reid blew it.  I get that Winchester blew it on the FG snap and the next FG got blocked, but, even had we made the first FG being up 8 doesn't seal the game. 

I just wish Reid had lined up and ran it 2 times in a row if needed to seal the game with a 1st down.  Being up 8 doesn't put the game away, it still gives them a chance.

According to sources inside the Titans locker room the players knew the Chiefs were going to try that TE screen on 3rd and 2 and were ready for it. They also knew the cadence on the last FG attempt and timed it for the block. Someone needs to apologize to the fan base for being so stupid!!

I just watched the last few drives of the game. It was a really strange set of events.

The 3 and 2 play was bad, but that's just Reid unfortunately. He's made some of those plays also. If I remember correctly it was the Ravens game were the Chiefs were at 3rd and short, and got a 1st down with a screen. 

16 hours ago, dhitter said:

Plenty of blame to go around. 

30 minutes ago, qnet said:

I just watched the last few drives of the game. It was a really strange set of events.

The 3 and 2 play was bad, but that's just Reid unfortunately. He's made some of those plays also. If I remember correctly it was the Ravens game were the Chiefs were at 3rd and short, and got a 1st down with a screen. 

Right, it worked then because we hadn't tried it before.  I bet every team has practiced that scenario since and the Titans were ready for it.

At 3rd and 2 you basically have 2 downs to get 2 yards and win the game.  Run the damn ball.

The Chiefs had just come off 3 straight run plays for 18 yards.  It's not crazy they pick up 2-3 yards in 2 downs.