7 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

And heaven forbid Mahomes run for the first down. We have all seen him scramble and pick up yardage when needed, he gave up the ghost. I believe there is still some uncertainty there.

They had all the angles covered.  Bell was right there as were all the defenders that knew it was coming.

26 minutes ago, dksww said:

They had all the angles covered.  Bell was right there as were all the defenders that knew it was coming.

And you're telling me Mahomes hasn't made something from nothing in the past? No free passes not even for Mahomes. If it's important enough you lay it all out, if you believe that there are other options you take the safe route. It looks like he elected to play it safe and I'm fine with it. 

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

Should've just ran the damn ball, and went for it on 4th.

Exactly, commit to ending the game right there. If I am not mistaken coaches give QBs like Mahomes the freedom to addlib. If Mahomes did or didn't audible we will never know.

People will continue making assumptions as long as it makes themselves feel better. 

35 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Mahomes should step in and say....hey, Coach Reid...Let's run it twice instead. I'm not "Cool" with a TE screen to Blake Bell. 

Better yet, ask for forgiveness instead of permission. It's not like they are going to bench or shit can him. If Mahomes felt it was a bad play I'm sure he would have audible to something else.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

And you're telling me Mahomes hasn't made something from nothing in the past? No free passes not even for Mahomes. If it's important enough you lay it all out, if you believe that there are other options you take the safe route. It looks like he elected to play it safe and I'm fine with it. 

I dont' disagree, but the video clearly shows there was no where for him to run with the ball.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

My biggest issue with the play was who it was it designed for.  We tried forcing him the ball earlier in the year to him and he just isn’t a good player nor should he be put in that situation.   

Reid was trying to catch them by surprise by throwing it to someone we never throw it to I assume.  

Should've just ran the ball 2 times 

20 minutes ago, artsy said:

It's weird, every single year we have one or two of these games, where everyone is pissed at Reid for some stupid ass playcall. EVERY SINGLE YEAR. 

I'm done bitchin though. It is what it is. 

It's about fucking time. 😉 I've been telling you that for years. To bad you moved up north no more office chats.

1 minute ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

It's about fucking time. 😉 I've been telling you that for years. To bad you moved up north no more office chats.

Yea it sucks up here...No chiefs fan to cry to after a loss..

All I hear is how shitty our defense is. Its getting old..

28 minutes ago, artsy said:

It's weird, every single year we have one or two of these games, where everyone is pissed at Reid for some stupid ass playcall. EVERY SINGLE YEAR. 

I'm done bitchin though. It is what it is. 

Well hopefully this is it for us this year. Rather see this now than in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

And heaven forbid Mahomes run for the first down. We have all seen him scramble and pick up yardage when needed, he gave up the ghost. I believe there is still some uncertainty there.

Coming off that knee injury? I dont think he should be running for the first. Sure some uncertainty and wisdom.

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

why do you want to go to the playoffs only to get embarrassed?? .. the best way to have your  new "Dream HC" is to have total implosion.so you should be hoping for nothing but loses this year and next

True..but it wont happen. Andy is a 10-12 win a year coach. That's typically good enough to get into playoffs. 

It isn't really a one-play thing this is a whole-game problem. We haven't set up any runs blocking in the traditional sense so we can't really expect to punch it in when needed. We need Sherman out there more often and early in the game so we actually have a go-to run game when it really matters. When your entire running game consists of handing off to the RB from shotgun the defense knows you cannot convert 3rd&2 on the ground and can easily focus on the pass. 

1 hour ago, xen said:

As a team we have 17 fumbles in 10 games. 3 were very costly. Reason we don't lead as an individual is because as a team we rotate everyone in.  Still a huge problem for us so far. On the flip side we have just one interception all year, which was a bs call too on that one.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/fumbles-per-game

On 11/12/2019 at 7:10 PM, kkuenn said:

As a team we have 17 fumbles in 10 games. 3 were very costly. Reason we don't lead as an individual is because as a team we rotate everyone in.  Still a huge problem for us so far. On the flip side we have just one interception all year, which was a bs call too on that one.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/fumbles-per-game

Wow we fumble the ball way too much for a team running so little. Ball protection is the #1 job of a runner yet we seem to be very loose with it. 

I would’ve run the ball but how can anyone possibly fault a strategy that puts the Potential game clinching play in the hands of our best player?

Furthermore we had a similar scenario vs LA last year, ran it and lost. And we passed needing a first down to clinch vs Balt this year and won