15 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Wow we fumble the ball way too much for a team running so little. Ball protection is the #1 job of a runner yet we seem to be very loose with it. 

These stats don't say whether the fumble was during a run or pass play. I believe McCoy has one of each. If you look at his rushing stats it only shows one fumble thus not looking at the fumbles as a receiver. So it's not necessarily based on whether they run a lot.

On 11/11/2019 at 3:51 PM, artsy said:

It's weird, every single year we have one or two of these games, where everyone is pissed at Reid for some stupid ass playcall. EVERY SINGLE YEAR. 

I'm done bitchin though. It is what it is. 

We are competitive every single week which gives Andy more chances to be right or wrong in these situations than any other coach. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I would’ve run the ball but how can anyone possibly fault a strategy that puts the Potential game clinching play in the hands of our best player?

Furthermore we had a similar scenario vs LA last year, ran it and lost. And we passed needing a first down to clinch vs Balt this year and won   

The argument I've heard, and been told, is that they (the other teams) have seen that play before.  

I understand that argument, but my memory is really strong. During the years of watching the Andy Reid-lead Chiefs, I can honestly remember the team being in a similar situation, Reid ran the ball, it got stopped, and the Chiefs lost. I remember some saying that Reid turtled up and was not aggressive enough. 

I think when the Chiefs lose it will always be something Reid does that people will not like, myself included. Winning cures a lot.

Would have been nice to run it on 3rd and 2. We seem to have been doing it ok on that drive. If it is 4th and 1 then or a half yard, you still have all your play book to go for it and put the game away. Who knows how it would have happened but giving Mahomes just one receiver to look for and taking a 6 yard loss did not help us at all.

I am fine with keeping the ball in Pat's hand and calling a pass in that situation, I just think that was a bad choice of plays.  Blake Bell essentially ran to the line of scrimmage and turned around.  If Pat had given him the ball he would have been tackled for no gain.  I have watched the replay about 15 times and I just don't see how that play was ever going to work.  Bell had a guy lined up on him who nobody was going to block if Bell caught the ball and Bell didn't run to the first down marker before turning around; the only thing that could have happened is someone missed an easy tackle.   

1 hour ago, VIChiefsFan said:

I am fine with keeping the ball in Pat's hand and calling a pass in that situation, I just think that was a bad choice of plays.  Blake Bell essentially ran to the line of scrimmage and turned around.  If Pat had given him the ball he would have been tackled for no gain.  I have watched the replay about 15 times and I just don't see how that play was ever going to work.  Bell had a guy lined up on him who nobody was going to block if Bell caught the ball and Bell didn't run to the first down marker before turning around; the only thing that could have happened is someone missed an easy tackle.   

Agreed. I have no trouble necessarily with Reid choosing to pass. Personally, I would prefer they had run it. Even if it gets stuffed at the line they are closer for the field goal. But the Chiefs were running the ball pretty well the plays prior. I think they could have gotten it. And to top it off the Titans were saying after the game they suspected Reid was going to try a pass on that down. Speaks to predictability....and of all people to target...Blake Bell?? I don't get that at all. Has dropped several passes this year. Isn't targeted much (for a reason).

5 hours ago, qnet said:

The argument I've heard, and been told, is that they (the other teams) have seen that play before.  

I understand that argument, but my memory is really strong. During the years of watching the Andy Reid-lead Chiefs, I can honestly remember the team being in a similar situation, Reid ran the ball, it got stopped, and the Chiefs lost. I remember some saying that Reid turtled up and was not aggressive enough. 

I think when the Chiefs lose it will always be something Reid does that people will not like, myself included. Winning cures a lot.

All true. Andy messed up and gave the ball back to GB thus ending any chance we had in that game. But nitpicking play selection and attaching that to the not being aggressive enough or knowing how to close out games monicker makes no sense to me. 

11 hours ago, Calichief said:

No one is taking about the style of run.

the rpo runs weren’t working.

line up heavy once in a while. Use sherm.

run out of the I..

change it up. 

I would do that much more than once in a while. We need the I formation with Sherman out there. The line can't block to save their lives, need the extra power.