Moving on from Reid needs to be considered.

Assuming the Chiefs don't win the Super Bowl, Clark Hunt needs to consider moving on from Reid.  I know it's tough to think about, but with Mahomes the Chiefs would have their pick of top NFL and NCAA coaches.  Just read and hear me out.

The entire coaching staff was a disaster yesterday.  All 3 phases were bad.  That's on the HC. 

While at times the offense looked great yesterday, however, key penalties wiped out an easy TD that would have put KC up 14-0 and maybe the game changes from there?  Penalties have been an issue this whole time with Reid.

The offense also failed to salt the game away after they took over with like 1:50 left on the Titans'  40/35 yard line.

Defense reverted back to it's conservative self.  Spags' gameplan for the Titans was awful.  I have no idea why they didn't carry over the the gamplans of the last 3 games to this one. 

Special Teams was a train wreck yet again.  Penalties on returns and the 2 FG situations are completely unacceptable.

I get Andy Reid is a great play designer and play caller(at times), but his game management is an issue.  It's been 19 seasons and he hasn't won a Super Bowl.

At what point do we move on from Andy Reid?  He's been in KC since 2013 and we haven't gotten over the hump in those 7 seasons.  We still see the same issues;  conservative play-calling at the wrong times, poor clock/overall game management and stupid penalties.

Remember, a few years back the Broncos kept coming up short with John Fox, fired him and won the Super Bowl the next season.  This isn't unfathomable to suggest firing Reid. 

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

not unfathomable .. but you cant in good faith bring up a problem with out a solution...so who ya going to get??? I

Fair question.  But at this point in the season we wouldn't know who is available.   Maybe at the end of the season we would have a better idea and could re-visit it then.

I just think with Mahomes here the Chiefs would have their pick of the lot out of top NFL coaches, assistants and within CFB.

The NFL is an offensive league and with Mahomes here we should be fine in scoring points and be fine finding an OC that we can score points with.

We need a coach that can put together a defense and hold players and coaches accountable for their failures more than Reid will.

6 minutes ago, dksww said:

Assuming the Chiefs don't win the Super Bowl, Clark Hunt needs to consider moving on from Reid.  I know it's tough to think about, but with Mahomes the Chiefs would have their pick of top NFL and NCAA coaches.  Just read and hear me out.

The entire coaching staff was a disaster yesterday.  All 3 phases were bad.  That's on the HC. 

While at times the offense looked great yesterday, however, key penalties wiped out an easy TD that would have put KC up 14-0 and maybe the game changes from there?  Penalties have been an issue this whole time with Reid.

The offense also failed to salt the game away after they took over with like 1:50 left on the Titans'  40/35 yard line.

Defense reverted back to it's conservative self.  Spags' gameplan for the Titans was awful.  I have no idea why they didn't carry over the the gamplans of the last 3 games to this one. 

Special Teams was a train wreck yet again.  Penalties on returns and the 2 FG situations are completely unacceptable.

I get Andy Reid is a great play designer and play caller(at times), but his game management is an issue.  It's been 19 seasons and he hasn't won a Super Bowl.

At what point do we move on from Andy Reid?  He's been in KC since 2013 and we haven't gotten over the hump in those 7 seasons.  We still see the same issues;  conservative play-calling at the wrong times, poor clock/overall game management and stupid penalties.

Remember, a few years back the Broncos kept coming up short with John Fox, fired him and won the Super Bowl the next season.  This isn't unfathomable to suggest firing Reid. 

Not Going to Happen. Fans may be Superbowl or bust. I doubt Hunt sees it that way. I doubt Mahomes sees it that way. 6 out of seven years in the playoffs is outstanding.

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Not Going to Happen. Fans may be Superbowl or bust. I doubt Hunt sees it that way. I doubt Mahomes sees it that way. 6 out of seven years in the playoffs is outstanding.

Uh no, Clark Hunt said over and over during Training Camp and the Pre-season this was a SB or bust season.

If you watch "The Franchise" on YouTube put out by the Chiefs, in the first episode they showed Hunt talking to the team right before TC about how everyone in and around KC was stoked for the season and their 1 goal was to get to and win the Super Bowl, period.

Andy Reid is just another Marty Schottenheimer.  He's just good enough to get you to the playoffs and lose.  He can't get us over the hump or we would have won a Super Bowl by now IMO.

11 minutes ago, dksww said:

Uh no, Clark Hunt said over and over during Training Camp and the Pre-season this was a SB or bust season.

If you watch "The Franchise" on YouTube put out by the Chiefs, in the first episode they showed Hunt talking to the team right before TC about how everyone in and around KC was stoked for the season and their 1 goal was to get to and win the Super Bowl, period.

Andy Reid is just another Marty Schottenheimer.  He's just good enough to get you to the playoffs and lose.  He can't get us over the hump or we would have won a Super Bowl by now IMO.

What Hunt said and what he really thinks is unknown. Most coaches dont win a superbowl. Andy got the Chiefs there except for a DEE FORD BRAIN FART & A COIN FLIP. Hell Brady threw a pick and did not deserve a win. So if KC had gone to the Superbowl and lost...... most, including me, would say Andy Choked again. Thing is what we think does not matter.

Marty was a great coach. If he had Mahomes this team would be unbeatable. Marty never had a top QB in KC. Yes he had the old version of Montana. Very good but not Elite then.

Dudes, this ain't happening. Clark is not going to get rid of Reid he has done a perfect job coaching up Mahomes. 

Yesterday's loss was not on Reid. It's on the defense. Terrible game from them and terrible gameplan from Spags. 

Sure Reid is the head coach but wtf. I mean, really? They allowed 188 yards man 

Just now, FANATIC said:

What Hunt said and what he really thinks is unknown. Most coaches dont win a superbowl. Andy got the Chiefs there except for a DEE FORD BRAIN FART & A COIN FLIP. Hell Brady threw a pick and did not deserve a win. Si if KC had gone to the Superbowl and lost most, including me, would say Andy Choked. Thing is what we think does not matter.

This is his 19th season as a HC in the NFL and he has 0 Super Bowl wins.  There's a reason for it and a good reason the Chiefs should move on.

Again, the Broncos were the class of the division and after 2-3 years in a row of losing in the playoffs they fired John Fox and won the SB the next year. 

As fans we have the right to ask for better than where we are at.  We've seen this from the Chiefs before, we need to be doing better and winning titles it's been way too long since we have.

If Andy Reid, Brett Veach or whoever else can't get us there, move on and find the people that can.

1 minute ago, dksww said:

This is his 19th season as a HC in the NFL and he has 0 Super Bowl wins.  There's a reason for it and a good reason the Chiefs should move on.

Again, the Broncos were the class of the division and after 2-3 years in a row of losing in the playoffs they fired John Fox and won the SB the next year. 

As fans we have the right to ask for better than where we are at.  We've seen this from the Chiefs before, we need to be doing better and winning titles it's been way too long since we have.

If Andy Reid, Brett Veach or whoever else can't get us there, move on and find the people that can.

So you are happy just to get there? Like I said....very few coaches ever win one Super Bowl. If KC could get BELICHEAT ...... then maybe you make that change. 

1 minute ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Dudes, this ain't happening. Clark is not going to get rid of Reid he has done a perfect job coaching up Mahomes. 

Yesterday's loss was not on Reid. It's on the defense. Terrible game from them and terrible gameplan from Spags. 

Sure Reid is the head coach but wtf. I mean, really? They allowed 188 yards man 

It's 100% on Reid.  He's the HC. 

I get some fans are scared of change in fear of getting worse, but Andy Reid's shortcomings never get changed. 

After failing to convert on a 4th and 17, the Titans had less than a 1% chance to win the game and won because Andy Reid can't manage the end of games.

After taking over on downs, KC ran the ball for 10 yards and a 1st down.  Then ran the ball twice for 8 yards setting up a 3rd and 2.

The right call there is to run the ball and possibly even go for it on 4th down to seal the game.  Getting cute and trying to fool the Titans with a play you've already ran this year was dumb.  They recognized it immediately.  Even with the FG being up 8 doesn't seal the game.  The Titans still would have had a chance to win.

I think OT nailed it. You would have to have someone already in mind. I would think someone in Hunts position may have someone in his mind already, if he's even thinking that.

When Hunt hired Reid I remember being impressed how he watched all the Chiefs games before becoming the Chiefs HC, but wasn't sure about him. I liked the fact that Hunt was trying, but had heard a lot of stuff from Eagles fans over the years.

Clark Hunt does seem willing to make changes more than his dad, but this would be a tough one.

Just now, dksww said:

It's 100% on Reid.  He's the HC. 

I get some fans are scared of change in fear of getting worse, but Andy Reid's shortcomings never get changed. 

After failing to convert on a 4th and 17, the Titans had less than a 1% chance to win the game and won because Andy Reid can't manage the end of games.

After taking over on downs, KC ran the ball for 10 yards and a 1st down.  Then ran the ball twice for 8 yards setting up a 3rd and 2.

The right call there is to run the ball and possibly even go for it on 4th down to seal the game.  Getting cute and trying to fool the Titans with a play you've already ran this year was dumb.  They recognized it immediately.  Even with the FG being up 8 doesn't seal the game.  The Titans still would have had a chance to win.

OK I agree to respect your opinion and your right to live in any mindset you choose. 

2 minutes ago, dksww said:

A lot of teams with SB aspirations have a Super Bowl or bust" mentality. Most of the time it's lip service to appease a hungry fan base. Rarely do successful franchises fire a head coach for not winning a SB in a given year. It's usually when the team has a downward spike. I just don't see Clark Hunt making that move unless fan outcry becomes overwhelming like with Pioli.

Just now, oldtimer said:

6th  all time winning est  coach is why he's not going anywhere..next year he could easily be 5th.. he's not going aywhere unless a major implosion happens or he just quits

Exactly. KC is fortunate to have a great leader like Reid. I still reserve my right to bitch about him though LOL

22 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

6th  all time winning est  coach is why he's not going anywhere..next year he could easily be 5th.. he's not going aywhere unless a major implosion happens or he just quits

This.  It would probably take another 4-12 season like his last one in Philly, to get him fired.  And, maybe not even then.  

1 minute ago, SEMO said:

This.  It would probably take another 4-12 season like his last one in Philly, to get him fired.  And, maybe not even then.  

what about going 6-10 or 7-9 this year? 

I mean, it's not that crazy of a thing for that to have happen.

8 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Even then he would still get a year to right the ship.

Took a lot much more than losses to get rid of Pioli and even then Clark voted to keep him. 

Reid will be here at least till his contract expires. 

Just now, Okiechief1 said:

Even then he would still get a year to right the ship.

Took a lot much more than losses to get rid of Pioli and even then Clark voted to keep him. 

Reid will be here at least till his contract expires. 

REID & MAHOMES will win a Superbowl or two in KC. Maybe not this year?

I get the frustration. Reid has been here 6 plus seasons and most of us would have bet that we would have at least gone to one SB by now. The "it's not about this year it's about next year" mantra has worn thin. Do we look back 15 yrs from now and say Pat Mahomes was the greatest NFL quarterback never to win a SB? Most of you would say impossible...but you have no way of being certain. Andy has a great knack for elevating quarterbacks and he has a creative ability in designing offenses. He has bad clock management, poor decision making episodes and absolutely no killer instinct. Does the bad negate the good? If Reid is still having winning seasons and getting into the playoffs but doesn't get to a SB in say the next 3-4 years...is he still around the following year?

17 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I get the frustration. Reid has been here 6 plus seasons and most of us would have bet that we would have at least gone to one SB by now. The "it's not about this year it's about next year" mantra has worn thin. Do we look back 15 yrs from now and say Pat Mahomes was the greatest NFL quarterback never to win a SB? Most of you would say impossible...but you have no way of being certain. Andy has a great knack for elevating quarterbacks and he has a creative ability in designing offenses. He has bad clock management, poor decision making episodes and absolutely no killer instinct. Does the bad negate the good? If Reid is still having winning seasons and getting into the playoffs but doesn't get to a SB in say the next 3-4 years...is he still around the following year?

Many here talk about getting to the SB? Isnt it winning an SB?

3 minutes ago, West said:

Honestly, Dave Toub has to be held accountable as well.

The FG Snap? WTF?

The FG Block? WTF?

Guys fair catching punts at the 3 yd line? WTF?

Penalties on 75% of the Kickoffs?  Geez...

Our special teams suck

w

Actually we have been top 10 in ST for the league. The FG snap and block are not on him. He did not do a fair catch inside the 3, but he needs to get on all their asses to show them to clean it up. Penalties again are on the players. What he is to blame for is just making sure they understand the situation, like not taking a fair catch at the 3, and learn from it. Yes it sucked but this game was lost in multiple phases of the game, not just ST.