Moving on from Reid needs to be considered.

If I let disappointment rule my life I would have stopped being a Chiefs fan in the early 70s.

They were off yesterday no big deal.  Mahomes made some bad throws receivers dropped some catchable balls and the D allowed a couple of bad drives unfortunately one was the game winner. The O gave up a TD it's self. Shit happens and you move on.

5 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Dudes, this ain't happening. Clark is not going to get rid of Reid he has done a perfect job coaching up Mahomes. 

Yesterday's loss was not on Reid. It's on the defense. Terrible game from them and terrible gameplan from Spags. 

Sure Reid is the head coach but wtf. I mean, really? They allowed 188 yards man 

Reid was terrible under pressure again. You back him into a wall at the end of the game with decisions regarding the clock, it’s a fail. The 3rd and 2 I just can’t get past it. A guy with all that exp.. just run the ball. Use a fullback....

19 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Reid was terrible under pressure again. You back him into a wall at the end of the game with decisions regarding the clock, it’s a fail. The 3rd and 2 I just can’t get past it. A guy with all that exp.. just run the ball. Use a fullback....

Yup, I posted about 2 months ago that I was checking out ticket prices to get on the Shitcan Reid train, and of course everyone jumped my shit...with crap like: He has a great winning record since hes been here, hes taken us to playoffs every year but one, hes so great for mahomes, yada yada..

Reid has been coaching football for over 30 years,  and the dude continues to make the same damn mistakes...AFTER 30 YRS IN THE GAME. Friends have been saying that Reid will never win us the big one, and I tell them to give him a little more time..well I'm no longer in denial.  The doubt is taking over.

I'm sure the next question I'll get is..Who you gonna replace him with??

This is a good topic. Both sides of the equation make sense. John Fox , may be a good example of Reid's shortcomings. We all thought Mahomes could cover all these flaws, and the D would make slight improvements to lift the Chiefs to a SB appearance. It turns out teams are getting even more up to play the Chiefs week in and week out. Regardless , we have last year's MVP and the 5th winning-est coach in NFL history on our side. We are going to get everyone's best game. There is so much parity in the NFL that even the smallest mistakes will cost games. We just need to get a win streak going into the playoffs. As far as I'm concerned this is all exhibition. Reid will be judged with more scrutiny when the time comes in the playoffs...until then things need to be fixed. AFC is still a crapshoot. 

4 hours ago, SEMO said:

I don't see that happening.  At worst, I see 10-6 and a wildcard.  Like usual, he will fix things for  a stretch, and then have another game like yesterday.

Did you have us 6-4 at this point?

51 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yup, I posted about 2 months ago that I was checking out ticket prices to get on the Shitcan Reid train, and of course everyone jumped my shit...with crap like: He has a great winning record since hes been here, hes taken us to playoffs every year but one, hes so great for mahomes, yada yada..

Reid has been coaching football for over 30 years,  and the dude continues to make the same damn mistakes...AFTER 30 YRS IN THE GAME. Friends have been saying that Reid will never win us the big one, and I tell them to give him a little more time..well I'm no longer in denial.  The doubt is taking over.

I'm sure the next question I'll get is..Who you gonna replace him with??

well ???you must not read the other posts because the same  question has been asked &  yet to see an answer. Its nothing but whining if you complain about a problem with no suggestion of  how to solve the problem. You have an answer I'm all ears..or eyes in this case but not 1 name has been brought up

We need to be prepared to move on from whoever is making the major cap destroying roster moves with no return of frank clark, sammy watkins, and to smaller but almost as bad tyrann mathieu and hitchens. Its unclear how this organization makes decisions on free agent contracts and draft capital but its not going well. Its hard to screw up a roster when you have the best qb in the nfl but we sure are trying hard to do so. Couple that with the fact we seem to be giving money to everyone on defense except  the guys making a difference, namely chris jones, and it becomes mind blowingly bad

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

well ???you must not read the other posts because the same  question has been asked &  yet to see an answer. Its nothing but whining if you complain about a problem with no suggestion of  how to solve the problem. You have an answer I'm all ears..or eyes in this case but not 1 name has been brought up

Ok..How bout the defensive coordinator from SF? Or the defensive coordinator from Minnesota? Or any damn successful Defensive coordinator in nfl. 

Couple him with an innovative young OC, and go win a damn superbowl. 

People who ask that question are in denial if you ask me. Reid has shown us who he is, year in and year out, but some of you are ok with it because you think there's no better options?

Ok, I guess we'll keep doing what we've been doing and getting the same results. 

8 minutes ago, artsy said:

Ok..How bout the defensive coordinator from SF? Or the defensive coordinator from Minnesota? Or any damn successful Defensive coordinator in nfl. 

Couple him with an innovative young OC, and go win a damn superbowl. 

People who ask that question are in denial if you ask me. Reid has shown us who he is, year in and year out, but some of you are ok with it because you think there's no better options?

Ok, I guess we'll keep doing what we've been doing and getting the same results. 

you still must have a problem with reading comprehension .. the very first  post in answer to the OP was that  the topic is not "unfathomable"  so yes I am will to listen to an argument with a suggested answer .. you provide nothing..not a name your just throwing crap at the wall. Yea thats away to run a billion $$ franchise

57 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

you still must have a problem with reading comprehension .. the very first  post in answer to the OP was that  the topic is not "unfathomable"  so yes I am will to listen to an argument with a suggested answer .. you provide nothing..not a name your just throwing crap at the wall. Yea thats away to run a billion $$ franchise

I dont have an exact name in my head at this time.  And I'm not talking about firing reid during this season  I'm talking after the season. 

One thing i do know is repeating the same shit over and over again and expecting different results is called insanity. 

This is a free country (as of today) and you're more than welcome to ride with whomever you choose.  However I am starting to believe all the naysayers who have been in my ear about Reid will never win the big one....I'm hoping they're all gonna be wrong,  but its really starting to look that way.

Reid has three more years to show improvement. Meaning, improvement to defense and KC making a Super Bowl. I am really sick of Reid sitting on the bench for long stretches when the defense is on the field. He isn’t paying attention to the total team. This year will probably echo 2014 and we miss the playoffs. The thing that will run him out of KC faster is if he has a losing record at home multiple years.

I'm not ready to say fire Andy but I also don't think he gets a free pass year in and year out because he gets us to the playoffs.  Have we not learned anything from our very own history, with Marty.   It's a catch 22 imo.   Without Andy Reid, Pat doesn't win an MVP.  He's a great offensive mind for a great offensive talent.  However he pumps the brakes way to much and I think its because he never wants to embarrass anyone which in RL is a great leadership trait but in the NFL your job is to beat the brakes off a team and their job is to stop you.   I'm willing to give him this year and next.  By then Pat will have learned what he needs to know and we could potentially move on.  I hope he (Andy) gets it figured out and we can get that elusive Lombardi Trophy.  But we have a once in a generational talent and I just don't think we can we can keep doing the same thing over and over with the same results and thing just because we have Pat its going to change.   For far too long we have wished and hoped for a perfect storm that would lead to a SB trip.  We shouldn't need that now but it still seems like thats what we will need to get there.   

Also the excuses have run out.  He hand picked his GM, OC, DC and has a generational level talent QB.   There are no more excuses, so I'm willing to give him some limited time but if its always his fault like he says then there has to be some accountability eventually.  So I'm going to root for him and the rest of this team to get it figured out and get us to the SB but we can't keep being patient year in and year out if we don't get there.   

Lincoln Riley wouldn't be a bad option with a veteran DC, someone like Wade Phillips or you pick your poison.

It's a tough call because I love Reid as a human being and I think players do as well. Problem is that he's not a great HC, but he's a brilliant OC. I just don't see him aggressive enough to bury an opponent nor has he improved with game management. Wish he'd be content staying on as an OC. 

Otherwise, D is new system and will take time and another off season, both draft and FA to get it all fixed. Toub is done, ST is a liability every time they take the field and is getting worse by the game. 

I don't know who you'd bring in because Red is superb developing mahomes. Have to give him one more year to fine tune him then maybe it's over.

Just not sure who you bring in. No guarantee and the grass is hardly ever greener on the other side in most cases. 

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

There is no answer..

it’s reid moving forward 

10 hours ago, dksww said:

This is his 19th season as a HC in the NFL and he has 0 Super Bowl wins.  There's a reason for it and a good reason the Chiefs should move on.

Again, the Broncos were the class of the division and after 2-3 years in a row of losing in the playoffs they fired John Fox and won the SB the next year. 

As fans we have the right to ask for better than where we are at.  We've seen this from the Chiefs before, we need to be doing better and winning titles it's been way too long since we have.

If Andy Reid, Brett Veach or whoever else can't get us there, move on and find the people that can.

Ask the Browns about coaches. Or how about we look in the mirror and remember Herm Edwards, Todd Haley, Romeo Crennel and all of those great winning seasons the Chiefs had.

The grass could be greener OR it could be much much worse. 

4 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Ask the Browns about coaches. Or how about we look in the mirror and remember Herm Edwards, Todd Haley, Romeo Crennel and all of those great winning seasons the Chiefs had.

The grass could be greener OR it could be much much worse. 

Or its Marty Schottenheimer all over again.

8 hours ago, West said:

Coaches own outcomes and they are responsible for players ....Toub does not get a pass from me...

also...

...the 3rd and Two call is on Andy Reid and Mahomes.   Mahomes has "override" capability.

Total Meltdown, and very disheartening.

w

Where’s Eric bienemy??

RUN THE BALL