Moving on from Reid needs to be considered.

Just now, dksww said:

Or its Marty Schottenheimer all over again.

Could be, or jaded Chiefs fans can't let go of the past and compare past failures to current coaches. Grass is not always greener, many NFL teams wish they had the Chiefs coaching staff which is proven with all of the coaches from Reid tree.

If you like entertaining football where you win more than you lose, give Reid a lifetime contract. If you want championship football, Reid may not be the guy. That is the whole point. Probably the only way KC wins is they build an elite defense, have a good offensive line, and constantly rebuild offensive skill positions with Mahomes making everyone better.

5 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Could be, or jaded Chiefs fans can't let go of the past and compare past failures to current coaches. Grass is not always greener, many NFL teams wish they had the Chiefs coaching staff which is proven with all of the coaches from Reid tree.

We have Patrick Mahomes.  We would have the pick of the litter for coaches and coordinators falling over themselves to coach him.  

Andy Reid and Schottenheimer are just good enough to get the playoffs and lose. It has nothing to do with my personal experience as a Chiefs fan, it's not my fault they cant win a super bowl. 

It's just the truth.  And I'm not talking about just like 5 years coaching.  Reid and Schottenheimer have coached for almost 20 years in the league without a championship.  Theres a reason for it.

I understand making a change would be hard and scary but its completely possible it would be the right move as well.

5 minutes ago, dksww said:

We have Patrick Mahomes.  We would have the pick of the litter for coaches and coordinators falling over themselves to coach him.  

Andy Reid and Schottenheimer are just good enough to get the playoffs and lose. It has nothing to do with my personal experience as a Chiefs fan, it's not my fault they cant win a super bowl. 

It's just the truth.  And I'm not talking about just like 5 years coaching.  Reid and Schottenheimer have coached for almost 20 years in the league without a championship.  Theres a reason for it.

I understand making a change would be hard and scary but its completely possible it would be the right move as well.

Fire your coach who's been a big reason your franchise has won 5, 6 AFC West titles. Fire your coach whom has improved the team from year 1 to present... makes perfect sense.

9 hours ago, West said:

Honestly, Dave Toub has to be held accountable as well.

The FG Snap? WTF?

The FG Block? WTF?

Guys fair catching punts at the 3 yd line? WTF?

Penalties on 75% of the Kickoffs?  Geez...

Our special teams suck

w

Andy Reid doesn't hold him accountable or things would change.  Bob Sutton blew a 28 point lead in the playoffs and never had a good defense and it took Reid 6 years to fire him.

7 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Fire your coach who's been a big reason your franchise has won 5, 6 AFC West titles. Fire your coach whom has improved the team from year 1 to present... makes perfect sense.

Dude, he cant win the big game.  I dont care about division titles.  We have done all that in the past.  Winning in the playoffs and winning a super bowl is all that matters.

Reid has been here 7 seasons and we've won 2 playoff games.  Andy Reid is alao 1-5 in conference title games in his career.

The Chiefs haven't won the Super Bowl in 50 years.  With Patrick Mahomes its time to have a higher standard of winning.  

The fans don’t trust Andy anymore than they could trust Marty In the clutch. Colts improbable playoff comeback, Mariota throwing a TD to himself, losing like we did last week, losing to that crappy Raiders team in 2014, going 5-0 and losing 5 of 6 in 2017, losing to the Steelers win they don’t score a TD. The problem with Andy is he is his own worst enemy and his loses are incredibly brutal by how they lose. We don’t get blown out like bad teams, but we have so many unfathomable loses.

Pretty comical idea here.  I'm as frustrated as anyone with the shit that has happened, but Reid will be coaching here until he decides he wants to move on.  There's no chance of him being fired, and rightfully so.   Look no further than Philly, they decided his message was stale and wanted a change, and they resembled the Chiefs prior to Reid before they went back and hired one of Reid's assistants.  A Bill Walsh tree guy that has spawned numerous head coaches from his own tree of assistants, with over 200 career wins, if the Chiefs were stupid enough to fire him, he'd have his pick of available jobs, the coveted hot name much like Cowher was before people finally realized he wasn't coming back.  Reid isn't perfect, and I get the frustrations, but running him off is just a dumb idea.  

14 minutes ago, dksww said:

Dude, he cant win the big game.  I dont care about division titles.  We have done all that in the past.  Winning in the playoffs and winning a super bowl is all that matters.

Reid has been here 7 seasons and we've won 2 playoff games.  Andy Reid is alao 1-5 in conference title games in his career.

The Chiefs haven't won the Super Bowl in 50 years.  With Patrick Mahomes its time to have a higher standard of winning.  

He's won 1 more conference title game than I've seen the Chiefs win in my lifetime...  I bet you would have been in favor of firing Marv Levy as well despite posting a 4-1 mark in the AFC Championship game in a 6 year span... 

4 hours ago, moons314 said:

Pretty comical idea here.  I'm as frustrated as anyone with the shit that has happened, but Reid will be coaching here until he decides he wants to move on.  There's no chance of him being fired, and rightfully so.   Look no further than Philly, they decided his message was stale and wanted a change, and they resembled the Chiefs prior to Reid before they went back and hired one of Reid's assistants.  A Bill Walsh tree guy that has spawned numerous head coaches from his own tree of assistants, with over 200 career wins, if the Chiefs were stupid enough to fire him, he'd have his pick of available jobs, the coveted hot name much like Cowher was before people finally realized he wasn't coming back.  Reid isn't perfect, and I get the frustrations, but running him off is just a dumb idea.  

They won a SB after making the switch. I'm pretty sure they are happier about coaching changes than we are. 

I love Reid's creative offensive approach. However he gets lost in the basics quite often and I don't believe he's really a HC either. The guy doesn't even watch half of the games. He's basically a great OC who needs another HC-level guy next to him running the defense. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

They won a SB after making the switch. I'm pretty sure they are happier about coaching changes than we are. 

They won a super bowl after getting worse, cycling coaches, then plucking one of Reid’s assistants after realizing they made a mistake. On top of that, it took a miracle season with a backup qb. 

40 minutes ago, moons314 said:

They won a super bowl after getting worse, cycling coaches, then plucking one of Reid’s assistants after realizing they made a mistake. On top of that, it took a miracle season with a backup qb. 

That's the key with Reid. The coaches he developed go on to win the big one whereas he always falls short. Either he's missing a mental ingredient or not really doing a good job of implementing the neccessities he's well aware of. 

Philly let Reid go, went through a few guys before they finally found the one to take them to the SBl

58 minutes ago, sith13 said:

That's the key with Reid. The coaches he developed go on to win the big one whereas he always falls short. Either he's missing a mental ingredient or not really doing a good job of implementing the neccessities he's well aware of. 

Philly let Reid go, went through a few guys before they finally found the one to take them to the SBl

yea I guess you can consider 1 as a few.. technically 2 if you call being an interm coach for 1 game  a coach

and 2 from his  "Tree" have won the "Big One"

you paint with an awfully wide brush

IF  Andy  shuts down and repeats his last two years of 8-8 then a 4-12 season yea  he should be let go.. but how many have forgotten that he also had a 5 years Run at the NFC  championship games 4 consecutively.. 

this discussion is boring .. here's an article from 2017 saying we should rid ourselves of Andy.. LUNACY!

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/11/21/chiefs-should-fire-andy-reid-reasons-risk/

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

IF  Andy  shuts down and repeats his last two years of 8-8 then a 4-12 season yea  he should be let go.. but how many have forgotten that he also had a 5 years Run at the NFC  championship games 4 consecutively.. 

this discussion is boring .. here's an article from 2017 saying we should rid ourselves of Andy.. LUNACY!

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/11/21/chiefs-should-fire-andy-reid-reasons-risk/

Not sure if firing Andy is the right move. He's basically a guarantee for 8-9 offensive wins every year, which is good enough to make the playoffs and you can always move on in the playoffs with some luck. However the current setup doesn't seem to be favoring us. Reid is definitely not acting like a HC at this point, therefore we need either Spags to have more power over the roster or a DC who's just barely not a HC. Reid doesn't even watch defense play out there, does he even talk to any of them during the game or halftime? It's very weird right now. 

20 hours ago, FANATIC said:

REID & MAHOMES will win a Superbowl or two in KC. Maybe not this year?

No argument from me on that. 

Their are no dominant or great teams this year so I don’t think even this year is out of the question.  Pats won it last year with an 11-5 record losing to a few teams they had no business losing to.     

Pat is 23 and has started 25 games in his career.  I know it doesn’t seem like it at times but the kid is still developing and KC has probably best the guy in the game in Reid to do that.   The dynamic of their relationship both admit is pretty special.  Fire Reid right in the middle of the franchises most important players development could very well screw that up.   

6 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Their are no dominant or great teams this year so I don’t think even this year is out of the question.  Pats won it last year with an 11-5 record losing to a few teams they had no business losing to.     

Pat is 23 and has started 25 games in his career.  I know it doesn’t seem like it at times but the kid is still developing and KC has probably best the guy in the game in Reid to do that.   The dynamic of their relationship both admit is pretty special.  Fire Reid right in the middle of the franchises most important players development could very well screw that up.   

Agreed this relationship is one of the best in football. 

Only problem we are having is the defense. Need more aggression from this group. Chris Jones is the only man out there I see making a difference. 

38 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Pat is 23 and has started 25 games in his career.  I know it doesn’t seem like it at times but the kid is still developing and KC has probably best the guy in the game in Reid to do that.   The dynamic of their relationship both admit is pretty special.  Fire Reid right in the middle of the franchises most important players development WILL screw that up.   

fify