Moving on from Reid needs to be considered.

17 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Agreed this relationship is one of the best in football. 

Only problem we are having is the defense. Need more aggression from this group. Chris Jones is the only man out there I see making a difference. 

When your offense cannot even come close to converting 3rd & 2 to win the game it clearly shows that you have offensive problems. Pat being able to score easily hides a lot of issues with this offense but the losses we have been suffering lately aren't coincidence. Pat simply makes an average offense great but problems still clearly show. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

When your offense cannot even come close to converting 3rd & 2 to win the game it clearly shows that you have offensive problems. Pat being able to score easily hides a lot of issues with this offense but the losses we have been suffering lately aren't coincidence. Pat simply makes an average offense great but problems still clearly show. 

188 yards on the ground was allowed. we've been talking for 4 years about the run defense and it still is embarrassing.

they need to just switch to maybe a 46 and say fuck it if they beat us in a shootout. won't happen

29 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

188 yards on the ground was allowed. we've been talking for 4 years about the run defense and it still is embarrassing.

they need to just switch to maybe a 46 and say fuck it if they beat us in a shootout. won't happen

This team sucks in all aspects of the run. We have only passed 100 yards rushing as a team only 3 times this whole season even though we have played most games with a lead and went as low as 19 yards against Indy. 

When you cannot run the ball to control the clock there's only so much a defense can do as they cannot come out big every single series. We had a solid defensive stop against the Titans that should have won us the game only to have the offense screw it up because they cannot punch in the 2 yards when needed. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

This team sucks in all aspects of the run. We have only passed 100 yards rushing as a team only 3 times this whole season even though we have played most games with a lead and went as low as 19 yards against Indy. 

When you cannot run the ball to control the clock there's only so much a defense can do as they cannot come out big every single series. We had a solid defensive stop against the Titans that should have won us the game only to have the offense screw it up because they cannot punch in the 2 yards when needed. 

Reid lost big time on that 3rd and 2. He dialed up a TE screen to a backup eliminating play-makers Kelce, Watkins, Hill, Hardman, Robinson, and Damien Williams, fuck even Mahomes. What a joke. Too bad no one is laughing besides the rest of the NFL. How embarrassing now that im thining about it im laughing my ass off at Reid cuz he deserves to be completely made fun of for that. 

2 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Reid lost big time on that 3rd and 2. He dialed up a TE screen to a backup eliminating play-makers Kelce, Watkins, Hill, Hardman, Robinson, and Damien Williams, fuck even Mahomes. What a joke. Too bad no one is laughing besides the rest of the NFL. How embarrassing now that im thining about it im laughing my ass off at Reid cuz he deserves to be completely made fun of for that. 

Rather than laughing the rest of the NFL is just loving it. That's the blueprint to beat us now as Indy showed them. Just stop the pass and the rest is too lame to keep up. 

On defense we need to find guys that are willing to do the dirty work. We wasted too much resource over the years against the pass which has been useless for us for quite a while. 

36 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Rather than laughing the rest of the NFL is just loving it. That's the blueprint to beat us now as Indy showed them. Just stop the pass and the rest is too lame to keep up. 

On defense we need to find guys that are willing to do the dirty work. We wasted too much resource over the years against the pass which has been useless for us for quite a while. 

Speaking of dirty work it's too bad we no longer have Kareem. The tank we had in the backfield who never fumbled is long gone. That still bothers me

8 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Speaking of dirty work it's too bad we no longer have Kareem. The tank we had in the backfield who never fumbled is long gone. That still bothers me

If only he were smart enough to be honest about it things would be different. That being said we somehow manage to regress at OL every year.

One thing I wanted to add to the discussion today is some information I heard on "The Program" with Soren Petro on 810 WHB yesterday.

He was saying he thinks the reason the defense reverted back to it's old self and couldn't stop the run is because the Chiefs put Chris Jones back at DT instead of DE.

He was saying that the best DL line up for KC would be Clark and Jones on the outside at DE and putting Saunders and Nnadi in the middle at DT.  This was the line up for most of the MIN game. He also noted with the injuries to Ogbah and Okafor, the Chiefs have no other choice right now. 

I would be fine with that going forward, not sure why Spags went back to the other way.

8 minutes ago, dksww said:

One thing I wanted to add to the discussion today is some information I heard on "The Program" with Soren Petro on 810 WHB yesterday.

He was saying he thinks the reason the defense reverted back to it's old self and couldn't stop the run is because the Chiefs put Chris Jones back at DT instead of DE.

He was saying that the best DL line up for KC would be Clark and Jones on the outside at DE and putting Saunders and Nnadi in the middle at DT.  This was the line up for most of the MIN game. He also noted with the injuries to Ogbah and Okafor, the Chiefs have no other choice right now. 

I would be fine with that going forward, not sure why Spags went back to the other way.

is a DT Franchise tag cheaper than a DE?

24 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

is a DT Franchise tag cheaper than a DE?

Probably, but not sure there's a difference since Aaron Donald is the market setter at DT.

They were using Jones that way against MIN and for whatever reason put him back at DT while not giving snaps to Nnadi, Saunders and even Pennel.

1 hour ago, dksww said:

Chris Jones is a beast pass rusher from the DT spot on passing downs. I have no problem with him playing outside in obvious run defending situations. But he got 15.5 sacks last year abusing interior lineman in obvious passing situations. We dont need to lose that and ask him to become a 310 lb edge rusher.

As far as who decided on the gameday actives, I would think Reid has the final say. They bottled up fucking Dalvin Cook the week prior. Only Andy Reid would out think himself in a situation like this and decide to do something different after it worked this well. Pennel needs to play on early downs. He is a beast against the run. Jones needs to kick inside on 3rd and long passing situations. 

This is infuriating. Why does he have to outsmart everyone all the time? Why cant the guy just line up and win or lose hitting people in the mouth? 20 years of this shit.

18 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Chris Jones is a beast pass rusher from the DT spot on passing downs. I have no problem with him playing outside in obvious run defending situations. But he got 15.5 sacks last year abusing interior lineman in obvious passing situations. We dont need to lose that and ask him to become a 310 lb edge rusher.

As far as who decided on the gameday actives, I would think Reid has the final say. They bottled up fucking Dalvin Cook the week prior. Only Andy Reid would out think himself in a situation like this and decide to do something different after it worked this well. Pennel needs to play on early downs. He is a beast against the run. Jones needs to kick inside on 3rd and long passing situations. 

This is infuriating. Why does he have to outsmart everyone all the time? Why cant the guy just line up and win or lose hitting people in the mouth? 20 years of this shit.

I agree on all counts and that's a good point about Jones on the inside on obvious passing downs.  Based on what you're suggesting, in those situations you would have Jones, Clark and and when he returns Okafor at DE, while using a rotation of Saunders, Pennel and Nnadi at DT.   Also, Tim Grunhard said on 810 yesterday he thinks Chris Jones is playing around 280lbs right now.  Probably an exaggeration but thinks he's smaller and leaner than last year.

It almost seems like Reid and Spags needed one more game of bad defense to be convinced of going back to the rotation we are talking about in the MIN game.  It worked so well.

If this isn't done against the Chargers then just put a clown suit on both Reid and Spags, this is getting ridiculous.

Found this little nugget on a site and am gonna leave it right here irt firing Reid

Everyone trying to fire Reid. Sign trash off the street. What’s different between the pats and chiefs? They don’t blame the coach. Whats Bill’s favorite quote “do your job” it’s not Reid’s fault the left tackle can’t block, not Reid’s fault guys fair catch inside the 1 yard line. Not Reid’s fault they commit stupid penalties. Tyreek, Watkins dropping balls. Guys not tackling filling wrong gaps. Do your job. And don’t use the “well he’s the coach they should be better line” this is the NFL!!!! not high school.  they should know the fundamentals.  It’s time these guys grow a pair and do their jobs.

9 hours ago, dksww said:

I have been calling for this for a while now. It makes so much sense

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

Found this little nugget on a site and am gonna leave it right here irt firing Reid

Everyone trying to fire Reid. Sign trash off the street. What’s different between the pats and chiefs? They don’t blame the coach. Whats Bill’s favorite quote “do your job” it’s not Reid’s fault the left tackle can’t block, not Reid’s fault guys fair catch inside the 1 yard line. Not Reid’s fault they commit stupid penalties. Tyreek, Watkins dropping balls. Guys not tackling filling wrong gaps. Do your job. And don’t use the “well he’s the coach they should be better line” this is the NFL!!!! not high school.  they should know the fundamentals.  It’s time these guys grow a pair and do their jobs.

What if Reid isn’t holding guys accountable? Belichick seems pretty cutthroat compared to Andy. That statement is also comparing a coach who has been to what, 8 Super Bowls with 6 rings? No one is going to complain about Bill or Brady.

5 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

What if Reid isn’t holding guys accountable? Belichick seems pretty cutthroat compared to Andy. That statement is also comparing a coach who has been to what, 8 Super Bowls with 6 rings? No one is going to complain about Bill or Brady.

See the only difference is Reid let's players get away with a lot before acting. He's a great offensive mind , but can't discipline his players consistently. Just examine the penalties.

IDK if anyone else heard Seth Keysor at about 5pm yesterday on 810.

He said the defensive personnel and play calling for the Titans game made 0 sense as well lol.

He pretty much said the same things all of us are as far as why certain players were not given the same snaps as the last 3 games and so forth.