Moving on from Reid needs to be considered.

9 hours ago, kkuenn said:

32 passes tonight and 27 runs. The play calling and missed passes plus penalties did us in on offnese tonight. We were pretty balanced though so hopefully Reid learns from it.

Penalties and screen passes at the wrong time were drive killers last night.

I will say, the exit of Tyreek Hill probably threw a major wrench into Reid's initial game plan.   Couple that with the traveling, the altitude and the field and I'm willing to give them a break.

Reid needs to focus on penalties and not calling screen passes on key 3rd or 4th downs.  Mahomes always makes the right decision, let him make the play.

It was nice to see the defense step up like that in the 2nd half and win the game. 

4 hours ago, dksww said:

Penalties and screen passes at the wrong time were drive killers last night.

I will say, the exit of Tyreek Hill probably threw a major wrench into Reid's initial game plan.   Couple that with the traveling, the altitude and the field and I'm willing to give them a break.

Reid needs to focus on penalties and not calling screen passes on key 3rd or 4th downs.  Mahomes always makes the right decision, let him make the play.

It was nice to see the defense step up like that in the 2nd half and win the game. 

EJweSodXsAA2FJ5.jpg

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

We had to run those screens/check downs because Ingram/Bosa were destroying our oline, I mean look at what the 'veteran' Rivers did in the face of pressure....

Yea, you are right about Bosa/Ingram.

Fisher and Reiter had a very rough night..

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

This whole thread is absurd.  We have one of the youngest rosters, and they are going to make mistakes.  The unrealistic thing was imagining a super bowl this year instead of 2020. We have also had WAAAY more than our fair share of injuries.  Reid deserves his Lombardi, and he's going to get it.

I fail to see how a team that was an offsides penalty away from the Superbowl in 2018 when their young roster was a year younger can be unrealistic.  Not to mention our roster is dead in the middle in age tied with the ravens at 16th/17th.  BTW, other notable teams younger than ours:

Seahawks

Packers

Vikings

Colts

Rams

49ers

I guess we are the only "young" team that's making mistakes since all these teams are also eying the superbowl this year

5 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

I fail to see how a team that was an offsides penalty away from the Superbowl in 2018 when their young roster was a year younger can be unrealistic.  Not to mention our roster is dead in the middle in age tied with the ravens at 16th/17th.  BTW, other notable teams younger than ours:

Seahawks

Packers

Vikings

Colts

Rams

49ers

I guess we are the only "young" team that's making mistakes since all these teams are also eying the superbowl this year

That is a little misleading.    We jumped in age this year because we nabbed quite a few older vets.....Henne, Moore Colquitt, Wisniewski and Mccoy are all over 30 and none are in our long term plans.  And while Moore did come through the clutch for us he wouldn't be on the roster if Henne was healthy.    Claiborne and Pennel are 29 and 28 as well.  We are still really young and will jump back into probably the top 5 youngest after the season.

7 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

We had to run those screens/check downs because Ingram/Bosa were destroying our oline, I mean look at what the 'veteran' Rivers did in the face of pressure....

So they couldn't get it out quick to Kelce or Watkins?  Those screens, even if completed, wouldn't have resulted in first downs.  I didn't mind one try at it, but it seemed that was the call on four plays at the end of the game and it wasn't close to working. 

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

So they couldn't get it out quick to Kelce or Watkins?  Those screens, even if completed, wouldn't have resulted in first downs.  I didn't mind one try at it, but it seemed that was the call on four plays at the end of the game and it wasn't close to working. 

It looked like from those pictures they were jumping the short routes and doubling the inside receivers.  The outside receivers had one on one coverage but the pass rush was getting to Mahomes to fast for those routes to develop.  That's my guess at least, I mean honestly if Mahomes makes better passes those check downs to McCoy would have worked....

21 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

This whole thread is absurd.  We have one of the youngest rosters, and they are going to make mistakes.  The unrealistic thing was imagining a super bowl this year instead of 2020. We have also had WAAAY more than our fair share of injuries.  Reid deserves his Lombardi, and he's going to get it.

This defense is being rebuilt on the fly and because of bad contracts and other issues we’ve had to subtract as fast as we’ve added. But we’ve got three rookies now playing a lot of snaps and none were top 50 draft picks. And we are playing literally without half our Dline rotation. Of course we’ve got inconsistency issues. 
Unfortunately injuries have thus far made our offense not good enough to just take over like last year to help with that. Hopefully we are getting close to that and can get hot late. 

2 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

It looked like from those pictures they were jumping the short routes and doubling the inside receivers.  The outside receivers had one on one coverage but the pass rush was getting to Mahomes to fast for those routes to develop.  That's my guess at least, I mean honestly if Mahomes makes better passes those check downs to McCoy would have worked....

I don't exactly recall each attempt, but on at least two of them, the defender was in position to tackle the back for a loss if he caught the ball.  I understand the need to avoid sacks or, even worse, an interception, but there had to be something else to try.  If the Chargers were doubling the inside receivers, rushing Mahomes, and guarding against the flare out to the left, there had to be some open area of the field that a wide out could have exploited.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:50 PM, Lamardirts said:

That is a little misleading.    We jumped in age this year because we nabbed quite a few older vets.....Henne, Moore Colquitt, Wisniewski and Mccoy are all over 30 and none are in our long term plans.  And while Moore did come through the clutch for us he wouldn't be on the roster if Henne was healthy.    Claiborne and Pennel are 29 and 28 as well.  We are still really young and will jump back into probably the top 5 youngest after the season.

This is generally what good teams do though.  Try to have core pieces that are young, while sprinkling in veteran leadership in positions of need.  You have the same things going on with most of the teams I mentioned.  Its part of the league.

• 2 weeks later...

6. Kansas City Chiefs (8-4)

Week 13 ranking: 8gn-arrow.png

Who's under fire: Andy Reid, head coach

Reid isn't going to get fired for playoff failure, but the Chiefs have been waiting 50 years to get back to the Super Bowl. The AFC playoff field looks as though it will be filled with dangerous opponents in a one-and-done setting, but the Chiefs are talented enough to make a deep run. It's Reid's job to navigate them past the likes of the Texans, Patriots and Ravens. -- Adam Teicher

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28208519/week-14-nfl-power-rankings-1-32-poll-plus-fire-final-month