Kc vs La Chargers

This team can really only afford one more loss.  11-5 takes the division and gets a home game. 10-6 could be division or wild card, and I don’t think this team can win a playoff roadie. We’ve got a tough schedule, so 9-7 or 8-8 and missing the playoffs isn’t out of the question. 

5 minutes ago, moons314 said:

This team can really only afford one more loss.  11-5 takes the division and gets a home game. 10-6 could be division or wild card, and I don’t think this team can win a playoff roadie. We’ve got a tough schedule, so 9-7 or 8-8 and missing the playoffs isn’t out of the question. 

Indy, Tennessee losses, killer

houston And greenbay much easier to take.. the other two, really hurt 

12 hours ago, qnet said:

It may be a tough shootout like it always is with the Chargers. I believe the Chiefs can win, but they can lose also. Reid has matched up very well against Anthony Lynn, whom I'm starting to have doubts about. 

The only way we lose here on out is blowing 4th QTR leads. We'll probably jump out to double digit leads on any of these teams as usual, then have a complete letdown like last year's Thursday Night debacle. It's happened about 3 or 4 times already this year. This needs to be fixed. 

16 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

The only way we lose here on out is blowing 4th QTR leads. We'll probably jump out to double digit leads on any of these teams as usual, then have a complete letdown like last year's Thursday Night debacle. It's happened about 3 or 4 times already this year. This needs to be fixed. 

Let's start with NO MORE FUMBLES!!

Chargers were left for dead until KC spent more time reading their accolades than actually focusing on Tenn. So KC literally breathed life back into a Chargers team that was done. I see the Chargers really up for this game and expect them to win. They are much healthier now and its must win for them. Yes they have a dual running back tandem. No reason to think KC will stop the run leaving Rivers in a position to go deep when its open.

34 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Chargers were left for dead until KC spent more time reading their accolades than actually focusing on Tenn. So KC literally breathed life back into a Chargers team that was done. I see the Chargers really up for this game and expect them to win. They are much healthier now and its must win for them. Yes they have a dual running back tandem. No reason to think KC will stop the run leaving Rivers in a position to go deep when its open.

LOL. The Chargers are a complete mess. We should win it and do so because the team will be focused. They know they gave it away with sloppy play and execution on all fronts. I then expect to win after the bye against Oakland. Effectively have 2 head to head wins against them would wrap up the west unless we just go on a 5 game losing streak.

The Chiefs need to come into this game with some fire and focus.  Emphasize stopping the run and pressuring Rivers.  Rivers has been awful this year when pressured.

If the Chiefs come out like the did against TEN and fiddle fart around with penalties and "Soft Zone Sutton" defense, they're going to lose and I'm going to be PISSED.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

That's what frustrates me about the Chiefs and the entire NFL compared to the Patriots. Belichick has his teams focused for the most part, and know any team can beat them, at least he seems to. 

I don't understand, after all these seasons;  why no one has duplicated this. 

17 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

I think this is a great article which sums up this teams biggest flaw:

https://fansided.com/2019/11/12/chiefs-andy-reid-titans-reaction/

Yup, pretty much sums it up. That article describes my feelings to TEE!

Arrogance.

And the way they played Sunday, versus how they played the two weeks Mahomes was out is spot on.

57 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Oh god I want that 2 minutes of my life back.  I hesitate to call shit like that an article.  It's a glorified board post.  And not a good one.

Anyone who thinks this is a cake walk may be surprised. Any given game anything can happen, but they’ve beaten teams we couldn’t and with a new OC they will probably smash mouth us like the other games we’ve struggled. And Ekeler will probably torch the LBs in pass routes. Neutral site probably means noisy game for both sides and unpredictable outcomes. We’d probably be better off playing in their soccer stadium.

2 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

I'm not sure I totally agree with the article either. I understand some of what they may be trying to say. It did seem like they played better overall when Mahomes was out, and I hoped that would continue.

I like the confidence or borderline arrogance to an extent. I think you have to have some of  that being an NFL player. They just have to back it up , and focus more.

3 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Anyone who thinks this is a cake walk may be surprised. Any given game anything can happen, but they’ve beaten teams we couldn’t and with a new OC they will probably smash mouth us like the other games we’ve struggled. And Ekeler will probably torch the LBs in pass routes. Neutral site probably means noisy game for both sides and unpredictable outcomes. We’d probably be better off playing in their soccer stadium.

There were more Chiefs fans in Nashville than Titans fans. I’d say at this point a road game where there’s almost no red might help. Lol.  In reality you are right though. Playing in LA would be a home game. Who knows who the El Tri fans will be rooting for. 

This game is going to be interesting. Chargers are on life support. They need this one bad if they want to have any hope of the playoffs. And of course the Chargers have made a habit of starting seasons slowly and getting hot in the back half. The Chargers have talent and are desperate. Anyone wanna guess what their game plan is going to be? I'm guessing a healthy dose of Gordon and Ekeler.

On the other hand...Reid has feasted on the other teams in the AFC West and has owned them since coming into the division. Looking at the few losses within the division they have all been close and down to the wire. The Chargers win last year was aided by a bogus PI call. Chiefs are the better team with Mahomes healthy. They have to have it.

15 minutes ago, dhitter said:

This game is going to be interesting. Chargers are on life support. They need this one bad if they want to have any hope of the playoffs. And of course the Chargers have made a habit of starting seasons slowly and getting hot in the back half. The Chargers have talent and are desperate. Anyone wanna guess what their game plan is going to be? I'm guessing a healthy dose of Gordon and Ekeler.

On the other hand...Reid has feasted on the other teams in the AFC West and has owned them since coming into the division. Looking at the few losses within the division they have all been close and down to the wire. The Chargers win last year was aided by a bogus PI call. Chiefs are the better team with Mahomes healthy. They have to have it.

It is paramount that we stop Ekeler out of the backfield.

He can take over a game catching pass and wrecking havoc on our non-tackling LBs and Secondary.

I said last week, that if we stopped Henry, we would win the game....And we know how that story ended.

If the chiefs allow Gordon to get going, it could be a long night.

47 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

If we allow the Chargers to stay close, they will do what they did last year and go for broke. They went for it on a 2 pt conversion to win, this should show their mentality of how bad they want and need it.

I agree and that's why I said the Chargers are a desperate team. If they lose for all practical purposes their playoff hopes are in the toilet. When a team like that has their back against the wall they will do whatever it takes. Chiefs are still in 1st place in the division. If they lose they still will be in the mix for a playoff spot. I wonder if they are as desperate and focused to get this win. We will see.

PSV49PFX_normal.jpg

Herbie Teope

@HerbieTeope
· 51m
The best news in today's injury report for the #Chiefs? LT Eric Fisher (groin) and RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (ankle) put in full practices. For Fisher, that's his first full practice since undergoing surgery for a sports hernia in mid-September. He's trending up to return. twitter.com/Chiefs/status/

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

If we allow the Chargers to stay close, they will do what they did last year and go for broke. They went for it on a 2 pt conversion to win, this should show their mentality of how bad they want and need it.

We need to play the type of run defense we did against Minnesota and Denver. Force their very shaky oline to have to hold up under duress. Offensively they can create a ton of pressure without bringing extra guys. Keeping them off Mahomes and forcing them to blitz some of the time seems important. This is their Super Bowl. We are gonna get their best effort and they just pounded GB a few weeks ago. We MUST match that intensity or have more. 

This is the game of the year for the Chargers. They will come out hot. No doubt. They aren’t getting blown out. The are very talented on offense. And have 2 studs on the dline who are finally both healthy. Hang on to your seats. It’s going to be tight and the outcome may not be pretty. This one is a Toss up.