Kc vs La Chargers

13 hours ago, Calichief said:

This is the game of the year for the Chargers. They will come out hot. No doubt. They aren’t getting blown out. The are very talented on offense. And have 2 studs on the dline who are finally both healthy. Hang on to your seats. It’s going to be tight and the outcome may not be pretty. This one is a Toss up.

Every team we've played this year recognizes the chiefs as their "super bowl". This game will be no different. The chiefs are going to get everyone's TOP Effort. They have to know that now, and come out and play like they are the Top Dawgs. 

19 hours ago, Mloe68 said:
PSV49PFX_normal.jpg

Herbie Teope

@HerbieTeope
· 51m
The best news in today's injury report for the #Chiefs? LT Eric Fisher (groin) and RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (ankle) put in full practices. For Fisher, that's his first full practice since undergoing surgery for a sports hernia in mid-September. He's trending up to return. twitter.com/Chiefs/status/

So what happens now? LDT plays and we take Wiz outland move Wylie back to LG? That sucks. 

19 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

We need to play the type of run defense we did against Minnesota and Denver. Force their very shaky oline to have to hold up under duress. Offensively they can create a ton of pressure without bringing extra guys. Keeping them off Mahomes and forcing them to blitz some of the time seems important. This is their Super Bowl. We are gonna get their best effort and they just pounded GB a few weeks ago. We MUST match that intensity or have more. 

I agree! Would someone explain why Pennell was a healthy scratch against the Titans? Run defense is what he is best at. Put Jones on the outside with Clark and put Pennell in with Nnadi on the inside.

10 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I agree! Would someone explain why Pennell was a healthy scratch against the Titans? Run defense is what he is best at. Put Jones on the outside with Clark and put Pennell in with Nnadi on the inside.

Just getting Pennell in the rotation will be good imo. Nnadi gets tired, and seems to only give you about 2 and half good qtrs. Rotate Pennell in with Saunders, Nnadi and Ivie.

45 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

So what happens now? LDT plays and we take Wiz outland move Wylie back to LG? That sucks. 

Wiz needs a chance at LG with Fisher. Keep Wylie at RG until LDT is back to complete health and see from there. LDT will need a weeks practice along with bye week to get back into it I bet.

48 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Wiz needs a chance at LG with Fisher. Keep Wylie at RG until LDT is back to complete health and see from there. LDT will need a weeks practice along with bye week to get back into it I bet.

I like your recommendation. Hopefully the chiefs will do that.

The Chargers have to beat the Chiefs twice to have any playoff hopes.  All the pressure is on them and we all know how Rivers looks when losing in the fourth quarter.  So if the Chiefs have all their weapons and Fisher can play effectively, I feel pretty optimistic about this one. 

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chargers have to beat the Chiefs twice to have any playoff hopes.  All the pressure is on them and we all know how Rivers looks when losing in the fourth quarter.  So if the Chiefs have all their weapons and Fisher can play effectively, I feel pretty optimistic about this one. 

IMO, I think it will be another chess match for Spags. LA has been known to have both Gordon and Ekeler on the field at the same time. Since the GB debacle, Spags has been covering RBs with either Sorrenson or Nieman. If we line up with either one of those guys on the field, Rivers will probably audible to run the ball and Gordon COULD gash us on 3rd downs. I think the key will be putting them in 3rd and longs, to take away those swing passes to both Ekeler and Gordon.

If they constantly get 3rd and shorts, in could be a looong night. With Mahomes on the sideline watching clock consuming drives.......again.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Honestly I'd have been gettin Wiz snaps at center all along in practice. Wylie, Wiz , and LDT is better than any line with Reiter in it. It's still very mediocre, but Reiter is really lousy. That dude gets beat soundly multiple times every game. Right off the snap. I didn't think we would miss Morse this much.

9 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Honestly I'd have been gettin Wiz snaps at center all along in practice. Wylie, Wiz , and LDT is better than any line with Reiter in it. It's still very mediocre, but Reiter is really lousy. That dude gets beat soundly multiple times every game. Right off the snap. I didn't think we would miss Morse this much.

Yes, this i'm favor for. The question is: Wylie > Reiter? 

On 11/15/2019 at 3:33 PM, Calichief said:

La is going to run the ball.

This^^

Unless we jump up on them early..If Anthony Lynn has watched any tape on the chiefs defense, this could be a really tough game.

I'm having terrible thoughts of seeing both Ekeler and Gordon on the field at the same time..and because our LBs suck so bad in coverage, it's very scary. If you bring Sorrenson in to cover Ekeler, that's probably a mismatch and we have to remove either Wilson (LB) or Thornhill/Mathieu.

That leaves a light box against the running game..Ugh.

13 minutes ago, artsy said:

This^^

Unless we jump up on them early..If Anthony Lynn has watched any tape on the chiefs defense, this could be a really tough game.

I'm having terrible thoughts of seeing both Ekeler and Gordon on the field at the same time..and because our LBs suck so bad in coverage, it's very scary. If you bring Sorrenson in to cover Ekeler, that's probably a mismatch and we have to remove either Wilson (LB) or Thornhill/Mathieu.

That leaves a light box against the running game..Ugh.

Speaking of Thornhill and #32. Those two need to show up. Enough excuses. 

Most experts discussing this game say it will come down to the wire. Maybe even whoever has the ball last will win. I hate that. The Chiefs should win this game going away. Their offensive firepower is far superior to what ever unit the Chargers have out. The fact the Chiefs don't score 40 every game is frustrating. It really speaks to the coaches who don't hold sloppy play accountable apparently. How else can you explain the turnovers and the penalties. This held KC back last week. A TD called back because of a penalty. A missed extra point. 2 muffed field goal attempts. Spags even confessed he expected the Titans to pass more in the 2nd half and put personnel out there accordingly. Yet he couldn't make any in game adjustments? To me the coaching staff has done as much to handcuff this team as the stupid penalties and turnovers.

19 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Most experts discussing this game say it will come down to the wire. Maybe even whoever has the ball last will win. I hate that. The Chiefs should win this game going away. Their offensive firepower is far superior to what ever unit the Chargers have out. The fact the Chiefs don't score 40 every game is frustrating. It really speaks to the coaches who don't hold sloppy play accountable apparently. How else can you explain the turnovers and the penalties. This held KC back last week. A TD called back because of a penalty. A missed extra point. 2 muffed field goal attempts. Spags even confessed he expected the Titans to pass more in the 2nd half and put personnel out there accordingly. Yet he couldn't make any in game adjustments? To me the coaching staff has done as much to handcuff this team as the stupid penalties and turnovers.

Exactly. Hopefully they put all together tonight and carry it through the bye week to end the season.

In order for the chiefs to get to where they want to go, it all has to come together. Coaches and Players.

34 minutes ago, artsy said:

Exactly. Hopefully they put all together tonight and carry it through the bye week to end the season.

In order for the chiefs to get to where they want to go, it all has to come together. Coaches and Players.

We are at this tipping point where this can become a lost season very quickly behind some players who maybe aren't all in with what we are doing. Or this can become a group getting healthy and putting it together for a Super Bowl run. Either almost seems equally as possible right now. That's a weird place to be. 

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We are at this tipping point where this can become a lost season very quickly behind some players who maybe aren't all in with what we are doing. Or this can become a group getting healthy and putting it together for a Super Bowl run. Either almost seems equally as possible right now. That's a weird place to be. 

Yup. It is a weird place to be..

I really thought the chiefs were ready to "turn the corner" with the defensive performances they put up against Denver, GB and Minn.

I was thinking "Damn, now all we need is for Pat to come back, and who will stop us now?"

Then we fall on our ass last week against a one dimensional team..and the doubt starts to creep in.

AId2L6cw_normal.jpg

Brandon Kiley

@BKSportsTalk
· 1h
The #Chiefs only defensive ends expected to be active tonight are Frank Clark & Tanoh Kpassagnon.

I'm sure Jones will play a lot of DE too. But this is a real concern at 7200 feet. Andy and Spags need a plan to protect them.