Kc vs La Chargers

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

This is the year we were supposed to win the SB with Mahomes' rookie deal in the books and we invested on both sides of the ball accordingly. However we have way too many problems that have been lingering for long. Reid always puts up a competitive team but he needs to take the next step. If something isn't working on the field the HC should adjust but we seem to stick with the gameplan from beginning to end. That killed us last week and we won this week so it's always a roller coaster until Reid can take more action during the game. 

NFL playoffs are not best of three or 5 or 7 games. Its win or out. KC can beat any NFL Team. Get to the playoofs with good health. Ill bet on Mahomes and Company whether they are favored or not. The best team does not always win. KC was better than NE. But for a FORD brain fart KC may have won that super bowl.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

always a roller coaster until Reid can take more action during the game. 

Well, it's very obvious that Reid aint changing. Soooo, we just have to rely on a lot of hope and luck when the game is close in the 4th qtr. That dude has showed us his stripes week in and week out. He called the game last night the same way he did at the end of the Titans game......The difference last night was that the defense and Rivers came through for us.

I'm done hoping this guy can get it done. If the chiefs win a superbowl while he is still here, it will be won IN SPITE of Reid.

8 minutes ago, artsy said:

Well, it's very obvious that Reid aint changing. Soooo, we just have to rely on a lot of hope and luck when the game is close in the 4th qtr. That dude has showed us his stripes week in and week out. He called the game last night the same way he did at the end of the Titans game......The difference last night was that the defense and Rivers came through for us.

I'm done hoping this guy can get it done. If the chiefs win a superbowl while he is still here, it will be won IN SPITE of Reid.

They'll figure it out. Still worried about Reid and one score games though...

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

NFL playoffs are not best of three or 5 or 7 games. Its win or out. KC can beat any NFL Team. Get to the playoofs with good health. Ill bet on Mahomes and Company whether they are favored or not. The best team does not always win. KC was better than NE. But for a FORD brain fart KC may have won that super bowl.

Any team can basically win any game. Even Miami has a couple wins. However we seem to be consistently battling with various issues in critical times and they don't seem to be going away. I would feel more comfortable going into January knowing that we can actually handle certain situations and would accept any outcome.

Personally I like this win more than most. We won without any flashy plays, basically an old school game that led to the scores which has been a major issue for this regime. However the coaching issues that have been lingering for quite a while still seem to be there. 

I’m torn on what we know. Chiefs are a good but not great team. Philip Rivers is toast or rather three ghosts of said player. Chiefs capitalized but were lucky to win. Put it together and stop letting these things come down to the wire. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Any team can basically win any game. Even Miami has a couple wins. However we seem to be consistently battling with various issues in critical times and they don't seem to be going away. I would feel more comfortable going into January knowing that we can actually handle certain situations and would accept any outcome.

Personally I like this win more than most. We won without any flashy plays, basically an old school game that led to the scores which has been a major issue for this regime. However the coaching issues that have been lingering for quite a while still seem to be there. 

26-2 the last 28 division games and nobody more responsible for it than Andy Reid. Coaches are all flawed in some way but Andy checks more boxes than nearly anyone out there. He’d be extremely difficult to upgrade.  

Man looking at a lot of the comments, would have thought that the Chargers won the game.

The Chiefs weren't handed anything and getting worked up over what Andy Reid did or didn't do in a marsh on the moon is ridiculous. If you guys want to bitch about the game last night, go bitch to Clark Hunt since he was the one that insisted that the Chiefs played in that shit.

5 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

26-2 the last 28 division games and nobody more responsible for it than Andy Reid. Coaches are all flawed in some way but Andy checks more boxes than nearly anyone out there. He’d be extremely difficult to upgrade.  

Andy owns the division. The rest don't have a chance unless he messes up big time which is very rare. However that no longer has any meaning. Chiefs are in a position where it's SB or bust every season going forward. 10+ wins don't count for much any more except for selling some tickets for Hunt. Reid has to prove that he can improve on his shortcomings otherwise he can check as many boxes as he wants while remaining a failure. 

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

Andy owns the division. The rest don't have a chance unless he messes up big time which is very rare. However that no longer has any meaning. Chiefs are in a position where it's SB or bust every season going forward. 10+ wins don't count for much any more except for selling some tickets for Hunt. Reid has to prove that he can improve on his shortcomings otherwise he can check as many boxes as he wants while remaining a failure. 

The reason we own this division and make the playoffs every year is because Andy Reid is clearly the best coach in the division and one of the best in football period. And that does mean something because you can’t win the Super Bowl if you don’t make the playoffs.  Calling him a failure is beyond laughable. .
Trying to run off a coach who’s already gotten us closer to a Super Bowl title than any other coach we’ve had in 50 years just seems crazy b
Nitpick play calling and clock management all we want. Sometimes those complaints are justified, sometimes they are not. Far more important is the simple fact that a good coach/elite QB combo which we clearly have is like gold in this league. Trying to break up that combo because of issues that sometimes occur is just incredibly shortsighted. Get him through his contract in 2021 and I’m confident we will hoist a Lombardi.  If not make a change because I do agree at some point a coaches message can become stagnant. Ask Travis Kelce about that today though. 
I thought Andy was terrific in the Chargers game by the way. Our oline was getting crushed and he adapted to help them and the defense going to more of a ball control offense. Officiating and a horrible drop by HB made it much closer than it should’ve been

40 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The reason we own this division and make the playoffs every year is because Andy Reid is clearly the best coach in the division and one of the best in football period. And that does mean something because you can’t win the Super Bowl if you don’t make the playoffs.  Calling him a failure is beyond laughable. .
Trying to run off a coach who’s already gotten us closer to a Super Bowl title than any other coach we’ve had in 50 years just seems crazy b
Nitpick play calling and clock management all we want. Sometimes those complaints are justified, sometimes they are not. Far more important is the simple fact that a good coach/elite QB combo which we clearly have is like gold in this league. Trying to break up that combo because of issues that sometimes occur is just incredibly shortsighted. Get him through his contract in 2021 and I’m confident we will hoist a Lombardi.  
I thought Andy was terrific in the Chargers game by the way. Our oline was getting crushed and he adapted to help them and the defense going to more of a ball control offense. Officiating and a horrible drop by HB made it much closer than it should’ve been

Reid is definitely the best coach in the division, which is a huge difference maker. Regarding the bold part it doesn't mean anything. One of the best should be able to hang on to leads late in the game as well as manage the time better while making sure his team doesn't make stupid mental mistakes over and over every single year when it matters. 

For any other position or coach there are other factors to consider but for a HC SB = success, the rest all mean he has shortcomings making him a failure. I like the saying "second is the first loser" which is true for Reid. He's better than most but still not a winner. Hopefully he takes advantage of Mahomes' rookie deal and win the big one but if not he'll simply go down as failure of a HC. 

12 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Lost in all the passing yardage was reality we held the Chargers under 100 yards rushing. And the last four Chargers drives which could have tied game resulted in punt, punt, INT, INT.  

Saw a stat that said out of 19 rushing attempts, 10 of them we held them to 3 yards or less

10 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Saw a stat that said out of 19 rushing attempts, 10 of them we held them to 3 yards or less

This was one of the better defensive performances of 2019. Clark basically played like what we expected him to be and the rest kept up against the run. Gave up a lot of yards late in the game but that was mostly to make sure the game stays ahead of the defense. 

39 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Reid is definitely the best coach in the division, which is a huge difference maker. Regarding the bold part it doesn't mean anything. One of the best should be able to hang on to leads late in the game as well as manage the time better while making sure his team doesn't make stupid mental mistakes over and over every single year when it matters. 

For any other position or coach there are other factors to consider but for a HC SB = success, the rest all mean he has shortcomings making him a failure. I like the saying "second is the first loser" which is true for Reid. He's better than most but still not a winner. Hopefully he takes advantage of Mahomes' rookie deal and win the big one but if not he'll simply go down as failure of a HC. 

Perfect example is this narrative Andy can’t hold onto leads late in the game. Do you think it’s Andy or the inconsistent still very much a work in progress defense and unreliable running game most responsible.for blowing leads? In the Tennessee game what did HE do exactly to blow that lead?  In the AFC Title game wasn’t Bill Billichick blowing the leads too? My lone complaint is punting on 4th down vs GB. I thought that was stupid   

Notion a coach who wins 200 plus games, goes to 5 conference championship games and a Super Bowl is a failure is just mind blowing to me. But the great thing about being a fan is we can believe anything we want. It’s all just entertainment.  I sure didn’t consider Marty a failure. Or Roy Williams at KU. I had a ton of fun as a fan in both eras which didn’t end like we wanted. But for me the journey means a lot. 

16 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

We know this defense has holes that have to be coached around. I think most of us agree if we have to pick our poison let’s be solid vs the run and live with consequences through the air. Two of our last three games the defense came up big in the 4th quarter.  

42 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We know this defense has holes that have to be coached around. I think most of us agree if we have to pick our poison let’s be solid vs the run and live with consequences through the air. Two of our last three games the defense came up big in the 4th quarter.  

It definitely feels to me that we just have to pick our poison with this defense.  I think our corners are better than advertised, it's our LBs that are the problem.  So let's sell out to stop the run and take our chances through the air.  Maybe get burned on stuff over the middle, but if we get pressure it helps.

11 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

It definitely feels to me that we just have to pick our poison with this defense.  I think our corners are better than advertised, it's our LBs that are the problem.  So let's sell out to stop the run and take our chances through the air.  Maybe get burned on stuff over the middle, but if we get pressure it helps.

This is how I see it as well.  Okafor and K. Fuller should be back for the OAK game as well.

16 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Perfect example is this narrative Andy can’t hold onto leads late in the game. Do you think it’s Andy or the inconsistent still very much a work in progress defense and unreliable running game most responsible.for blowing leads? In the Tennessee game what did HE do exactly to blow that lead?  In the AFC Title game wasn’t Bill Billichick blowing the leads too? My lone complaint is punting on 4th down vs GB. I thought that was stupid   

Notion a coach who wins 200 plus games, goes to 5 conference championship games and a Super Bowl is a failure is just mind blowing to me. But the great thing about being a fan is we can believe anything we want. It’s all just entertainment.  I sure didn’t consider Marty a failure. Or Roy Williams at KU. I had a ton of fun as a fan in both eras which didn’t end like we wanted. But for me the journey means a lot. 

It's not that hard to win shitty games, there are 10+ of those every year. Reid's record in real games is 11-13. It's not like he has been a dominant winner, he's just good enough to win in regular season but always seems to have a lot of issues unrelated to him in the postseason, while all of them are actually being his problems as the HC. I enjoy winning games with Reid, especially the division games are basically tune up. However if he's not able to get to the ultimate goal the good of the Chiefs will rely on getting a HC who can. 

I loved Roy Williams in KC. But just think of his legacy as the man, 0 titles in 15 seasons. That's a long drought and more importantly he'll always be ranked behind coaches like Self or Brown who actually won the titles. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

It's not that hard to win shitty games, there are 10+ of those every year. Reid's record in real games is 11-13. It's not like he has been a dominant winner, he's just good enough to win in regular season but always seems to have a lot of issues unrelated to him in the postseason, while all of them are actually being his problems as the HC. I enjoy winning games with Reid, especially the division games are basically tune up. However if he's not able to get to the ultimate goal the good of the Chiefs will rely on getting a HC who can. 

I loved Roy Williams in KC. But just think of his legacy as the man, 0 titles in 15 seasons. That's a long drought and more importantly he'll always be ranked behind coaches like Self or Brown who actually won the titles. 

Not that tough to win 10 plus games per year in the NFL?  I’ll stop right there because that is utterly ridiculous!  By the way there’s only been 5 teams even over .500 the past 3 seasons much less winning their 10 plus easy wins per year. 😂

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

Can't understand that thinking.  By your reasoning, there are 31 NFL coaches who are failures every year.  What percentage of NCAA coaches have won the national championship?  We all want to see the Chiefs hoist the Lonbardi, but most of us can enjoy a competitive team that has a chance at the big prize or comes close.  The Royals were great to follow in 2014 when they came close.  The Chiefs were the most exciting team to watch in all the NFL even though they missed by a coin flip or stupid off sides.  Winning is great as we know from 1970 or the 2015 Royals.  But if anything less than the Super Bowl win is a failure, then 31 fan babes are wasting their time. 

Fenton is coming on. I think his lack of speed will keep him from being a starter but he has some real value depth wise. He’s smart, competes and is physical.  

MkX2WRsJ_x96.jpg

#Chiefs CB Rashad Fenton came up big on Monday • 76.9 Overall (NFL career high) • 78.1 Coverage (NFL career high) • 78.2 Tackling (Season: 86.4, 8th among CB w/ 100+ snaps) • 18.8 Passer Rating Allowed • INT with 4:13 remaining