The ineptness of this teams defense has allowed the raiders to get back into the AFC West race. We need to take care of Business starting tomorrow night against the chargers, we have looked like crap in every national TV game this year and we need to man up and show that we have some Cajones on defense and no stupid ass mistakes on special teams

Fish, Clark expected to play so we should be pretty much at full strength....

16 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

The ineptness of this teams defense has allowed the raiders to get back into the AFC West race. We need to take care of Business starting tomorrow night against the chargers, we have looked like crap in every national TV game this year and we need to man up and show that we have some Cajones on defense and no stupid ass mistakes on special teams

yes please. 

The Raiders have really enjoyed a relatively healthy year so far while the Chiefs have had the opposite.  The injuries this team has piled up this year has been ridiculous. 

Nothing about the Raiders are really impressive.  They're mostly riding the wheels off of Josh Jacobs and micro managing the hell out of Derek Carr.  I don't think Gruden trusts Carr much at all and it's going to show if/when they make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

We looked good against Denver. That was nationally televised.

All we can hope for is that Andy Reid doesn't have his head up his ass or we'll lose.

Also, who knows what to expect out of the defense as well.  Will spags have the right sub packages and personnel on the field at the right or wrong times?

Will the Special Teams be improved?

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

No they can't, KC has them on head to head. Still sucking hind tit where they belong. 

IF our records are identical then yes, we have the head to head. Lose tonight we will be 6-5 while they will be 6-4. They would be in first with us having a bye and Oakland playing for a chance to either lose and be at 6-5 (where we have the tie breaker for now) or win and be 7-4. If we win and are 7-4 into by and Oakland wins next week and are 7-4,  we have said tie breaker. We need to win tonight is the bottom line.

While the Raiders have a very easy schedule moving forward,  I can't get on board with those saying they have had an easy schedule to date.  They've played the Chiefs, Vikings, Colts, Packers, and Texans.  They went a stretch of  48 days without playing a game in their home stadium.  They will log more travel miles than any team in NFL history by the time this season is over.  By SOS their schedule to date is the 6th hardest in the NFL.  I'm not ready to give them too much respect just yet because they are still the raiders, competition and schedule should not be an excuse when comparing their record to ours.

6 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

While the Raiders have a very easy schedule moving forward,  I can't get on board with those saying they have had an easy schedule to date.  They've played the Chiefs, Vikings, Colts, Packers, and Texans.  They went a stretch of  48 days without playing a game in their home stadium.  They will log more travel miles than any team in NFL history by the time this season is over.  By SOS their schedule to date is the 6th hardest in the NFL.  I'm not ready to give them too much respect just yet because they are still the raiders, competition and schedule should not be an excuse when comparing their record to ours.

I had them beating out the Chargers for 2nd place. I figured the Bolts would have a down year being that pretty much have no homefield advantage as well.

This is a pretty big game. Every division game is important but it literally means 1st and 2nd place in the division. I cannot believe we are even having this conversation. The stench of that Titans loss is still resonating. No way this team should be 6-4 yet here we are. I expect to see a very motivated and explosive Chiefs team tonight.

15 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

The ineptness of this teams defense has allowed the raiders to get back into the AFC West race

I think all three phases contributed.  In the last game the offense had the ball in their hands with a chance to put the game away; they couldn't.  Special teams also failed.  

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

This is a pretty big game. Every division game is important but it literally means 1st and 2nd place in the division. I cannot believe we are even having this conversation. The stench of that Titans loss is still resonating. No way this team should be 6-4 yet here we are. I expect to see a very motivated and explosive Chiefs team tonight.

I agree. That loss really drained the excitement out of me for this team. I thought they had figured some things out on defense, and now I don't know what to think.  I'm not going to over analyze it, just hope they win tonight. 

22 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

This is less about the defense and more about penalties, turnovers and general unforced errors. Cut that stuff back and we'd be 8-2. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

This is less about the defense and more about penalties, turnovers and general unforced errors. Cut that stuff back and we'd be 8-2. 

Yes...but because the defense is so porous it leaves the margin of error razor thin so those mistakes have a greater impact on the game.