Raiders vs. Chiefs

I got it wrong, if Oakland beats the Jets and we're both 7-4 going into the game, then if we win it's a 1 game lead + tiebreaker with four to go.  That's a magic number of three---three total combined wins by us or losses by them.  They have an easy schedule and could win out, we would have LAC and DEN at home, NE and CHI on the road, possibly needing three total wins.

I really don't think they win out, though.  They could lose to the Jets, too.

43 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I got it wrong, if Oakland beats the Jets and we're both 7-4 going into the game, then if we win it's a 1 game lead + tiebreaker with four to go.  That's a magic number of three---three total combined wins by us or losses by them.  They have an easy schedule and could win out, we would have LAC and DEN at home, NE and CHI on the road, possibly needing three total wins.

If kc performs like last night, we’ll be lucky to win 2 more.

54 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

You mean the game we won by 7 despite our all-world QB looking off, a bad field, and some obviously wrong calls that could have screwed us?

Yes. The same field that the other team played on. And the qb gave it up 4, should have been 5 times. A win is a win. But I think we all can agree that celebrating week 11 wins isn’t a thing anymore. The goal is the super bowl.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

If we can actually win our last three home games, we win the West. I think it’s that simple at this point.  But easier said than done. 

57 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Yes. The same field that the other team played on. And the qb gave it up 4, should have been 5 times. A win is a win. But I think we all can agree that celebrating week 11 wins isn’t a thing anymore. The goal is the super bowl.

There is a pretty good argument that the field hurts our style, particularly the offense, more than it hurts other teams.  (Although you can argue it cost LA a FG.)  This was certainly the worst offensive game we've had that was led by an arguably fully healthy Mahomes, take from that what you will.  Having said that, I won't be worried about the offense until this happens for another 1-2 weeks minimum.

Rivers chucking it around the field but then giving the ball up is to be expected.  It's basically how you beat him.  I thought our defense did its job for the most part.  Keep it in front, tighten up in the red zone, get those takeaways.  How much differently do we feel if just two plays go differently---Honey Badger pulls in that INT, and they don't get the bomb to Williams on the last drive?  I'm not perfectly happy with the defense by any stretch, but I think all things considered the night was a net positive to me.

Special teams were also pretty good, worst thing is I could nitpick 1-2 Colquitt kicks.

Overall the point is we did what we needed to do against a team that a lot of people feel is pretty talented and good despite their record, all in what was technically a road division game in a bad environment.  On to the bye.

No one is saying this is the Superbowl, but we can be happy with a win.  You must be fun at parties.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

If we can’t celebrate wins unless it’s the Super Bowl then I don’t see much point in being a fan. Enjoy the journey. WINS matter!

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

If we can’t celebrate wins unless it’s the Super Bowl then I don’t see much point in being a fan. Enjoy the journey. WINS matter!

It’s a different. I’m not saying it meaningless. There’s a bigger goal.

14 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

There is a pretty good argument that the field hurts our style, particularly the offense, more than it hurts other teams.  (Although you can argue it cost LA a FG.)  This was certainly the worst offensive game we've had that was led by an arguably fully healthy Mahomes, take from that what you will.  Having said that, I won't be worried about the offense until this happens for another 1-2 weeks minimum.

Rivers chucking it around the field but then giving the ball up is to be expected.  It's basically how you beat him.  I thought our defense did its job for the most part.  Keep it in front, tighten up in the red zone, get those takeaways.  How much differently do we feel if just two plays go differently---Honey Badger pulls in that INT, and they don't get the bomb to Williams on the last drive?  I'm not perfectly happy with the defense by any stretch, but I think all things considered the night was a net positive to me.

Special teams were also pretty good, worst thing is I could nitpick 1-2 Colquitt kicks.

Overall the point is we did what we needed to do against a team that a lot of people feel is pretty talented and good despite their record, all in what was technically a road division game in a bad environment.  On to the bye.

No one is saying this is the Superbowl, but we can be happy with a win.  You must be fun at parties.

Don’t misinterpret what I said. A win is a win. But if you are looking at the goal that we started the season with, it’s further away. 
I get your point about the field and our style of play. It’s definitely valid.

and, I loved the balance of the offense.

i loved the defensive effort.

so, There ya go

Yes brothers....enjoy the win! Feels so much better than after the Titans gut punch.

Chiefs do need to work on some things. The run game by our backs seems so lacking. When Mahomes is the leading rusher you got a problem. Who the heck is our #1 back? Defense still horrible covering backs out of the backfield. Fortunately the Chargers backs dropped a few.  

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

You mean the game we won by 7 despite our all-world QB looking off, a bad field, and some obviously wrong calls that could have screwed us?

Are you really trying to say that if we bring the exact same performance we did against the Chargers that we beat the Raiders?  I have no words...

2 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Are you really trying to say that if we bring the exact same performance we did against the Chargers that we beat the Raiders?  I have no words...

No way. This was simply a bad team vs a very bad team/QB. Luck was definitely on our side.

6 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

I'm saying we didn't play as poorly as everyone is making it out to be, and that I think we're very likely to play better going forward.  Also, the Raiders are entirely capable of beating themselves in the same way that the Chargers did.

5 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I'm saying we didn't play as poorly as everyone is making it out to be, and that I think we're very likely to play better going forward.  Also, the Raiders are entirely capable of beating themselves in the same way that the Chargers did.

We had one great quarter offensively against the Raiders the first time we played them. Hopefully we can see a complete game from both sides of the ball this time and come out healthy.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

We had one great quarter offensively against the Raiders the first time we played them. Hopefully we can see a complete game from both sides of the ball this time and come out healthy.

But we also had three great defensive quarters in that game.  We also would have scored again if not for them ruling an incomplete pass as a fumble, and I think in general we were content to sit on the lead.

12 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

But we also had three great defensive quarters in that game.  We also would have scored again if not for them ruling an incomplete pass as a fumble, and I think in general we were content to sit on the lead.

Again reid sitting on a lead. I would like to see a complete game in all phases.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Again reid sitting on a lead. I would like to see a complete game in all phases.

I think there's a difference between sitting on an 18 point lead like in that game when our defense actually had something vs. sitting on the 7 point lead this week or the 9 point lead last week.