Raiders vs. Chiefs

4 minutes ago, dksww said:

they're like the 3rd or 4th overall best team in DVOA rankings. 

Color me optimistic but if we get as healthy as possible and somehow put together a complete game---our best effort in all three phases like we've seen at various points this year but never really in the same game---I think we're legitimately a sleeping giant.

We all know what the offense is capable of doing and the defense is starting to come around some. And we know how Andy is when he has extra time to prepare. I expect the Chiefs to play one of their best games of the season against Oakland.

49 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I'm saying we didn't play as poorly as everyone is making it out to be, and that I think we're very likely to play better going forward.  Also, the Raiders are entirely capable of beating themselves in the same way that the Chargers did.

Carr isn’t forcing the ball. He’s dink and dunk. He’s not turning it over.

7 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Historically we've made him play poorly as long as it's not a Thursday night in Oakland.  Even when he was playing well coming into the game.

Agreed. Carr has generally played poorly against the Chiefs much in the same way Rivers has done. Reid seems to have gotten in their heads where they think they need to carry the team...make a big play and it often backfires.

11 hours ago, dhitter said:

Wow! Everybody at NFL Total Access has already anointed the Raiders AFC West champs.

Why should they be any different than many in here?

Every week it's the same thing. Team X has a great running game, team X has a great defense, team X this and that. Go back and look at the past 5 or 6 weeks certain individuals doom the Chiefs before the game even arrives. 

The Chiefs gave away a game last week and were given one this week.  With Fuller out, Hill out, top two RBs out, and Mahomes having a down night, the Chiefs were lucky to win but I don't expect to see all that wrong after the bye and in Arrowhead.  The Raiders have had a very easy schedule and their remaining games are pretty soft.  If they win in two weeks, they win the division.  Lose, and they still have a chance to win if the Chiefs stumble in NE and CHI or at home.

19 minutes ago, sith13 said:

This wasn't an overall game. We are not this bad on offense either and have proven it against some solid defenses. 

If I was a citizen of Mexico City I would want my money back.

🙄🙄🙄

1 hour ago, WichitaZRide said:

Are you really trying to say that if we bring the exact same performance we did against the Chargers that we beat the Raiders?  I have no words...

Are you really saying that the Raiders aren't going to play the same way they did against the Chiefs in week 2 or the hapless Bengals last week?

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Are you really saying that the Raiders aren't going to play the same way they did against the Chiefs in week 2 or the hapless Bengals last week?

Yessir! People are forgetting we already played Oakland on their turf and won by 3 scores. I expect this team to play their most complete game so far and put the smack down on the Faders.

12 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

What's funny (odd) is the pole smoking in here of the Raiders. The same Raiders that barely beat the Chargers and Bengals at home the past two weeks. The same Raiders that allowed over 500 yards and 34 points to two teams that have a combined record 4-16 while gaining 600 yards and scoring 43 pts? Hmmm

Exactly. KC should romp on these frauds.

Just now, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Oh and did I mention, the Chiefs will be coming on a bye while the Raiders play the Jekyll and Hyde Jets in NY. What's Andys record after a bye? Better yet what's Andys record against the AFC West and specifically the Raiders? 

BINGO 

The Raiders, in spite of their cupcake schedule, have been outscored by their opponents this year and have given up more points/game than the Chiefs.  On paper, they shouldn't by winning the division.  If Hill and Fuller can get healthy in the next two weeks and at least one RB comes back, the Chiefs should win.