Raiders vs. Chiefs

I'm not overconfident about beating the Raiders.  I'm just more confident about the game than really any game in the last several weeks, maybe even all season.

Our schedule has been brutal.  By record our EASIEST games have been the road games against middle of the road teams like JAX, DET, and TEN.

1 minute ago, DefensiveMan said:

The media is not on the Chiefs bandwagon and that's a good thing. Maybe we can play a little underdog now. Should serve well for the team.. I hope the Raiders blow out the Jets. Let's make this interesting. 

Chiefs will NOT be underdogs against the Raiders. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He means this year overall.  72% completion percentage and 15/5 - TD/Int ratio. Hes doing a good job protecting the ball.

No doubt their MO is to play fundamental ball control mistake free football and grind out close wins. But Carr is like Rivers in that he routinely turns the ball over against us. Two this year already.  But I do get the point we just need to go beat them. They have a good oline, RB and play hard. But we are clearly a superior team. 

59 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I'm not overconfident about beating the Raiders.  I'm just more confident about the game than really any game in the last several weeks, maybe even all season.

Our schedule has been brutal.  By record our EASIEST games have been the road games against middle of the road teams like JAX, DET, and TEN.

Looking forward to playing the Jets, Dolphins and Bucs next year.  This year just feels like the schedule has been relentless.  

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

No doubt their MO is to play fundamental ball control mistake free football and grind out close wins. But Carr is like Rivers in that he routinely turns the ball over against us. Two this year already.  But I do get the point we just need to go beat them. They have a good oline, RB and play hard. But we are clearly a superior team. 

One of the clowns that post here regularly opined yesterday that "our overall roster is pathetic". What do you say to that?

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

One of the clowns that post here regularly opined yesterday that "our overall roster is pathetic". What do you say to that?

This roster beat the hottest team in football with a third string QB plucked off a high school coaching staff two weeks ago. Pretty much sums up how poor that take was. 

57 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

It'll be a tough one.  Jacobs is rolling well and the Raiders have some confidence. 

I think we can handle 'em, but it'll be a battle.  I do think they are a bit of a fraud, but you know damn well that Gruden will have them ready to play hard against us.

They play a lot like the Colts behind another really good oline. They’ve got no TY Hilton to deal with though and their defense isn’t on that level either. They can’t keep up in a score fest. Let’s hope Tyreek is okay and give one to them. 

On 11/19/2019 at 10:39 AM, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Why should they be any different than many in here?

Every week it's the same thing. Team X has a great running game, team X has a great defense, team X this and that. Go back and look at the past 5 or 6 weeks certain individuals doom the Chiefs before the game even arrives. 

It’s not dooming the Chiefs to point out another teams strengths is it? Raiders have a far superior oline and RB than the Chiefs.  The Colts had similar and controlled the clock to beat us. So we just need to make sure we don’t let their strength dictate the game as we did vs Indy. 

I read all this stuff.   Followed Kcsince 1965.  So tell me....what is greater football than CHIEFS  Oakland for division champs?  Nothing I know of and when Raiders to go Las Vegas it won't be the same.  Enjoy the last year of this great rivalry.     And kick their ass.  Nextweek is raider week.

2 hours ago, wilkie said:

I read all this stuff.   Followed Kcsince 1965.  So tell me....what is greater football than CHIEFS  Oakland for division champs?  Nothing I know of and when Raiders to go Las Vegas it won't be the same.  Enjoy the last year of this great rivalry.     And kick their ass.  Nextweek is raider week.

Time to drag out the Lenny Dawson spearing video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6EF9bBmOKU

Edited by jetlord

11 hours ago, wilkie said:

Me too. Been a fan since the beginning. This is likely the very last time the Chiefs will play the Oakland Raiders. Would love for KC to make it memorable for the fans by putting a total beatdown on those clowns. Loved the old AFC rivalry games with Curt Gowdy calling the play by play.

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

Me too. Been a fan since the beginning. This is likely the very last time the Chiefs will play the Oakland Raiders. Would love for KC to make it memorable for the fans by putting a total beatdown on those clowns. Loved the old AFC rivalry games with Curt Gowdy calling the play by play.

The Raiders are the fucking Raiders whether they are in Oakland, LA or Vegas.

On 11/19/2019 at 8:04 PM, Calichief said:

How many this year 

He threw two the last time we played them. Just more of the same. Pretty simple, with a lead he’s pretty good about protecting the ball. Otherwise he’s a wild card like Rivers. He’s rarely been in the lead against the Chiefs in his career. 

44 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Also, technically, we have a pretty decent chance of meeting them in the playoffs.  Both the 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs 5 matchups are very much in play, as would something down the road if both teams get hot.

It's tough to beat the same team three times in one season.  Hopefully, that doesn't happen. 

26 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's tough to beat the same team three times in one season.  Hopefully, that doesn't happen. 

Im more concerned about the reality of going into Foxboro twice in six weeks. Has anyone won in NE twice in one season in the BB era?  But I guess to get there we may need to get through Oakland. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

see the 1969 season when the Raidirts  won both regular season games

It's not actually THAT tough.  According to this article, there have been 20 playoff games where one team swept the other 2-0 during the regular season.  The team completed the 3-0 sweep 13 out of 20 times.  This was written in January 2018 in reference to the at-the-time upcoming Saints-Panthers game, which the Saints won, pushing that stat to 14 out of 21.  In fairness, the article does not include the old AFL results, but nearly 50 years of NFL results is a good sample.

https://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/28800/panthers-saints-its-not-as-tough-beating-team-three-times-as-the-cliche-says

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Im more concerned about the reality of going into Foxboro twice in six weeks. Has anyone won in NE twice in one season in the BB era?  But I guess to get there we may need to get through Oakland. 

Honestly that Foxboro regular season game isn't going to matter a whole lot at this point.  We'll try to win, sure, and it would be great for our confidence.  But I think we've probably lost our shot at a bye and we have plenty of other games that we could win in order to win the division.  But assuming we pull off the division, at most that game will mean the difference between #3 and #4 for us.  So we'll have to go through Foxboro in January anyway unless someone knocks them off.

Again, the point is we won't "need" to beat them in NE twice.  Only the hypothetical playoff game is essential to our goal.

29 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Honestly that Foxboro regular season game isn't going to matter a whole lot at this point.  We'll try to win, sure, and it would be great for our confidence.  But I think we've probably lost our shot at a bye and we have plenty of other games that we could win in order to win the division.  But assuming we pull off the division, at most that game will mean the difference between #3 and #4 for us.  So we'll have to go through Foxboro in January anyway unless someone knocks them off.

Again, the point is we won't "need" to beat them in NE twice.  Only the hypothetical playoff game is essential to our goal.

I think we have a real shot to win in NE. And then we would have to win again. So do we root for a loss? LOL. Of course not. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

I think we have a real shot to win in NE. And then we would have to win again. So do we root for a loss? LOL. Of course not. 

I'm not saying that at all.  I don't have stats on beating a team on the road twice like my post above about beating a team three times in a season.  I'm just saying the first game won't be terribly relevant.  Our task isn't to beat NE twice; it's to beat them in the playoffs, no matter what happens on 12/8.  Which is a little different than the deal with the Raiders, because I think we really do need to beat them in the regular season to secure the division and then possibly turn around and beat them in the playoffs.