Raiders vs. Chiefs

58 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Derek Carr is 2-9 vs KC,  11 TDs, 9 INTs.  So there’s production, but lots of mistakes. Don’t let their running game control the game is priority 1,2, 3. Priority 4 is quit making unforced errors!

Which means Spags will play nickel and dime the entire game. 🙄

3 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Raiders are pretenders....simple as that. They rely on Jacobs having a good game and Carr dinking and dunking for the rest. If they get behind like today they look totally lost.

They can’t play from behind. They try to maul you with good oline and Jacobs. Short passes from Carr. For them to win they need to dictate play. I fully expect a huge effort they didn’t give today. But we should win by double digits unless we simply aren’t that good. No way that defense can handle our WRs. Still it’s a rivalry game and the Raiders will be playing with their season on the line. 

Just now, kkuenn said:

Now we need Rams to beat Ravens.

Cowboys to beat Pats and we can tighten up the race for the 2nd seed.

Still in play for first seed if we win out.

I’d like to just see the chiefs play a full game. Haven’t played one single game at elite level this year. Worry about the other teams later. 

23 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’d like to just see the chiefs play a full game. Haven’t played one single game at elite level this year. Worry about the other teams later. 

Yes and no. We.need.the teams to lose regardless.  I do think we get healthy and hot at the end of the year. Perfect timing for the playoffs and great if we have a bye the first week.

6 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

We perhaps peaked early last year and are timing it right to get hot this year. Or we just don’t have it this year and most every game will be a struggle including the Raiders. Any guess which it is?  

My guess is that injuries, especially Fisher, had a lot to do with losses to the AFC South.  It's such a fine line between a close win and close loss in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

They can’t play from behind. They try to maul you with good oline and Jacobs. Short passes from Carr. For them to win they need to dictate play. I fully expect a huge effort they didn’t give today. But we should win by double digits unless we simply aren’t that good. No way that defense can handle our WRs. Still it’s a rivalry game and the Raiders will be playing with their season on the line. 

Jets have a good run defense.  Chiefs don't.  Still expect the Chiefs to win but the complexion of the game could be very different from the OAK/NYJ one.  If the Raider defense plays like it did today, the Chiefs could hang 40+ on them. 

40 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

They are who we thought they were 

They are who some of us thought they were.

I'm not 100% confident we'll win next week.  But that's a reflection on our inconsistency, not them.  We're clearly the better team, as evidenced by Week 2 and over the course of the year.  The run game matchup doesn't really scare me that much---we didn't play that well against the run in September and still blew them out, and I think we've improved against the run on the whole, Titans game aside.  They don't scare me.  Us coming out flat, making mistakes, and poor playcalling---that's what scares me.

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

They are who some of us thought they were.

I'm not 100% confident we'll win next week.  But that's a reflection on our inconsistency, not them.  We're clearly the better team, as evidenced by Week 2 and over the course of the year.  The run game matchup doesn't really scare me that much---we didn't play that well against the run in September and still blew them out, and I think we've improved against the run on the whole, Titans game aside.  They don't scare me.  Us coming out flat, making mistakes, and poor playcalling---that's what scares me.

It's really weird how this team can be so flat at times.  IMO, this team is really missing that asshole player, a trendsetter that takes no shit from anyone.  It's doesn't need one on each side of the ball, just one on the entire team to rub off on everyone, someone with that mean streak.  The type of person is actually a personality, a Ray Lewis, Steve Wisenewski type of guy.  This team has too many nice guys and not enough attitude.

8 minutes ago, moons314 said:

It's really weird how this team can be so flat at times.  IMO, this team is really missing that asshole player, a trendsetter that takes no shit from anyone.  It's doesn't need one on each side of the ball, just one on the entire team to rub off on everyone, someone with that mean streak.  The type of person is actually a personality, a Ray Lewis, Steve Wisenewski type of guy.  This team has too many nice guys and not enough attitude.

Wasn't Clark expected to bring some attitude and fire up the defense?

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Yes but Carr 0=5 at Arrowhead, Reid's record after a bye week and Reid dominating the AFC West? I like our chances against even a "desperate" Raiders team.