Raiders vs. Chiefs

40 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Forget the Carr at Arrowhead stats.  The last time Oakland beat us in a game that wasn't in Oakland on a Thursday night, our coach was Romeo Crennel.  My worries aside, we better win this one.

Andy owns this division.  Owns the week after a bye.  Owns the Raiders overall. If we lose, it’ll be because we just aren’t that good this year for whatever reason. We blew the Titans game with mistakes but that’s not a bad team as their 4-1 record with Tannehill shows. Only way we lost that game though was because of big unforced errors. Avoid those against a similarly talented Raiders team and we will win handily. 

52 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Yes but Carr 0=5 at Arrowhead, Reid's record after a bye week and Reid dominating the AFC West? I like our chances against even a "desperate" Raiders team.

Agree completely. If this team doesn’t implode on itself. I think we win big. 

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

It's really weird how this team can be so flat at times.  IMO, this team is really missing that asshole player, a trendsetter that takes no shit from anyone.  It's doesn't need one on each side of the ball, just one on the entire team to rub off on everyone, someone with that mean streak.  The type of person is actually a personality, a Ray Lewis, Steve Wisenewski type of guy.  This team has too many nice guys and not enough attitude.

I think it’s less about us being flat than it is about us making a lot of mistakes that kill or extend drives. It’s been an absolute theme for the 2019 team. Maybe all the injuries have contributed. Either way getting past that is crucial. 

3 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

They are who some of us thought they were.

I'm not 100% confident we'll win next week.  But that's a reflection on our inconsistency, not them.  We're clearly the better team, as evidenced by Week 2 and over the course of the year.  The run game matchup doesn't really scare me that much---we didn't play that well against the run in September and still blew them out, and I think we've improved against the run on the whole, Titans game aside.  They don't scare me.  Us coming out flat, making mistakes, and poor playcalling---that's what scares me.

True.  They are who we (being me and those who also think they suck) thought they were.  And they are nothing like the people who don't think they suck think they are.  I won't name names.  

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

What, the Raiders lost. How can that be? All the pole smoking going on earlier in the week I would have assumed they were going to destroy the Jets and Chiefs. 

Chiefs show up to play, they should obviously do the same. The jets defense is good, and owned the game. They really set the jets offense up. Darnold made some great 3rd throws today. I watched every play.

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

What, the Raiders lost. How can that be? All the pole smoking going on earlier in the week I would have assumed they were going to destroy the Jets and Chiefs. 

The league is so desperate for the Raiders to be relevant that they blow smoke up their ass any time they look competent. Then the Raiders turn around and totally drop a turd like they did today and it shuts them up for a while. I look forward to those people who were saying the Raiders were going to win the West....shutting up their stupid faces. Even so some will predict the Raiders will beat the Chiefs. Mark it down.

38 minutes ago, dhitter said:

The league is so desperate for the Raiders to be relevant that they blow smoke up their ass any time they look competent. Then the Raiders turn around and totally drop a turd like they did today and it shuts them up for a while. I look forward to those people who were saying the Raiders were going to win the West....shutting up their stupid faces. Even so some will predict the Raiders will beat the Chiefs. Mark it down.

Makes sense especially with move to Las Vegas next year. And reality is if they win next week they will be a first place team. And League needs to sell that to drive ratings into the late afternoon spotlight game they moved us too. 

52 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Odds makers have the Chiefs -9.5

It really seems like the talking heads and the NFL really want the Raiders to be a force again but then came the trap game. I guess the NFL thought flexing the game was a good idea because the Raiders looked like they could challenge the Chiefs but getting ass thrashed wasn’t supposed to happen to the Raiders but it did. Lol 

It really looks like the running game powers the Raiders and once Jacobs was shut down they could not find another weapon in their arsenal. 

3 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

It really seems like the talking heads and the NFL really want the Raiders to be a force again but then came the trap game. I guess the NFL thought flexing the game was a good idea because the Raiders looked like they could challenge the Chiefs but getting ass thrashed wasn’t supposed to happen to the Raiders but it did. Lol 

It really looks like the running game powers the Raiders and once Jacobs was shut down they could not find another weapon in their arsenal. 

Pennell better get some good snaps in then with the rotation

Chiefs need to go all out early....all out! Get the lead and Raiders are done. That team does not play well from behind. I would like to see a hurry up offense on the first series. I would like to see KC in pass mode early! Raiders secondary is not good so GO DEEP!

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

It favors josh Jacobs. Dude is a beast.

but the last time we played in snow, pat balled out I believe.

On offense the Raiders are built like the Colts and Titans. That’s a concern. Defensively they aren’t very good though especially in the secondary. We don’t want bad weather to hamper that clear advantage. Forecast I’m seeing though shows cold but little if any snow.  Shouldn’t impact anything. 

15 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Chiefs need to go all out early....all out! Get the lead and Raiders are done. That team does not play well from behind. I would like to see a hurry up offense on the first series. I would like to see KC in pass mode early! Raiders secondary is not good so GO DEEP!

Agree. Get them into a situation where running the ball isn’t really feasible and we’ve got em. Let them dictate terms, keep it close and control the clock; it leaves us in a dicey Titans situation. 
We are clearly better and it’s time for us to start playing like it if. I don’t expect the Raiders to hand the game to us like yesterday, but we are very capable of taking it whether they make mistakes or not. 

7 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

They had a 10 point lead and were running the ball well in September and it still didn't matter.

We're better.  We just need to play like it.

Actually they came out the first two drives and passed the ball on nearly every play which I’m sure caught us off guard. After that we forced 4 straight 3 and out punts. Poor coaching by Gruden. I fully expect a Colts type of game plan. Control clock and keep Mahomes off the field. They saw what happens if they don’t. 

5 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Actually they came out the first two drives and passed the ball on nearly every play which I’m sure caught us off guard. After that we forced 4 straight 3 and out punts. Poor coaching by Gruden. I fully expect a Colts type of game plan. Control clock and keep Mahomes off the field. They saw what happens if they don’t. 

But they had a pretty high YPC when the did run it, including one big one.

I don't really buy the whole ball control thing anyway.  Lots of people have written about it elsewhere, Seth Keysor's tweets are a good place to start.  The question is whether or not they can score by running the ball, not some magical thing about "controlling the clock."  The reason the Colts "controlled the clock" against us was because Mahomes got hurt and they actually played good defense.

14 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

But they had a pretty high YPC when the did run it, including one big one.

I don't really buy the whole ball control thing anyway.  Lots of people have written about it elsewhere, Seth Keysor's tweets are a good place to start.  The question is whether or not they can score by running the ball, not some magical thing about "controlling the clock."  The reason the Colts "controlled the clock" against us was because Mahomes got hurt and they actually played good defense.

YPC doesn’t mean much when your Pro Bowl RB only gets 12 carries. And if you aren’t an explosive big play offense the only thing that means more than TOP are turnovers in my opinion. IE: If they don’t win the TOP, they aren’t winning minus turnovers by us. Its their strength and their only legit chance to win trying to put game in the hands of their oline, RB and short passing game. 
TOP means less to the Chiefs because we can score very quickly. At least when the oline is holding up enough to get our guys downfield. We don’t need to focus on that. The Raiders do.