Raiders vs. Chiefs

18 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

For those who say that non-conference games don't mean anything. If Chokeland wins today they are in 1st due to the 4th tie breaker which, yes you guessed it, it's the non-conference record.

Every game matters.

Non-conference games are not a tiebreaker.  Conference games are. 

52 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

For those who say that non-conference games don't mean anything. If Chokeland wins today they are in 1st due to the 4th tie breaker which, yes you guessed it, it's the non-conference record.

Every game matters.

This is incorrect. Non con games are not a tie breaker. Common opponents would be. But yes you are right every game matters because it impacts the overall record. Weighted based on importance though, they are the least important. 

14 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Then NFL Network was wrong this morning when they said Non-Conference. My mistake for not confirming before posting. 

I don't know what they said, but I was just trying to provide the correct information.

The bizarre thing is that non-conference games almost act like an inverse tiebreaker.  Because if Team A and Team B end up tied in overall record, but Team A has a better conference record than B, then A must logically have a worse non-conference record.  Something similar is true of the common games tiebreaker.