Raiders vs. Chiefs

I like it because we are calling vanilla plays that the D knows is coming and they still couldn't stop it.  He pin balls in the hole and gains positive yards.  Hopefully he gets a chance to shine next game and becomes an added wrinkle down the stretch.   Lets go D....finish strong!

Great win....would have liked to see the D come out aggressive that last drive but it was a great win.  0 penalties, 40 points, good play all around and it pretty much guarantees us a playoff spot.   Now lets go punch NE in the mouth and get a win in foxborough.

5 minutes ago, artsy said:

I agree. But it sure would be nice if the oline played better.  Whoever #77 is, sucks ass...along with center.

I would love to see Wis in for Reiter.  On the 4th down play he got pushed back 2 yards (2 yards before the back could even get to the line).  He is beyond weak and I think it would help Wylies play.  Actually it would have been nice to see some Fisher, Rankin, Wis, LDT, Schwartz but oh well.   Reiter and Wylie have got to be upgraded next year.

Thornhill is a beast. The secondary is good.

ugly game that the chiefs still owned.

this is the type of win kc needed for their overall confidence.

Thompson should have been playing already.

the offense is still an issue. This team has work to do still. 

wr aren’t getting open

oline sucks. Mahomes running backwards the instant the ball was snapped half the time. Our center is atrocious. 

hitchens is bad.

Watkins has disappeared. Robinson invisible too.

this team is leaning on its defense. I’ll take it.

Raiders suck.

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I'll give the receivers a little slack today and even Kelce.  The wind has been outright stupid here for awhile.

Made my 3 hours of driving yesterday complete shit.

No doubt. But over the last couple weeks, that element is missing.

55 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Good for Thompson.  The rookie deserved a TD for the way he killed ten minutes off the clock. 

I've been waiting for him.  Don't know why it took this long.  He has quick moves, great vision, and surprising strength.  Here is to a long and healthy career.

Unrelated topic: I sat there and absolutely called the pass to the Sausage.  I couldn't believe it.  Somehow, I just knew that was exactly what Reid was going to call.  It must have just been a weird coincidence.  I'm not generally good at calling unexpected plays. But I honestly called that one.

25 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I would love to see Wis in for Reiter.  On the 4th down play he got pushed back 2 yards (2 yards before the back could even get to the line).  He is beyond weak and I think it would help Wylies play.  Actually it would have been nice to see some Fisher, Rankin, Wis, LDT, Schwartz but oh well.   Reiter and Wylie have got to be upgraded next year.

Rankin should go into camp as the favorite to start at LG if he is healthy, in my opinion. They can free up 5 million by releasing LDT. And Reiter is obviously a given. I think it's possible ( and necessary) that our interior 3 game 1 next year doesnt include any of our starting 3 tonight. Wylie is fine as a backup. 

Erving also has zero dead cap money attached if he is released and that would save over 4.6 mill. Reiter can be released and free up almost 2.4 mill. Take the savings from cutting him, Erving and LDT and go out and sign a stud like Joe Thuney or Brandon Scherff. Then draft a center in the first 3 rounds. It wont make sense to add a RB if they dont address the line.

We could go into next season with the best line we have had in a number of years here. Wed be more effective running the ball and giving Mahomes a pocket. Our offense would be lethal again.

You noticed how Patrick Mahomes almost never has the ability to step up into the pocket this year? Losing Morse killed us.

I'm aware we need to extend Mahomes and Jones, but we can cut a lot of dead weight here too. Watkins will free up 14 mill. Sorenson another almost 4. If they structure deals the right way, we will be ok cap wise.