Dump Dieter and get this RB

Our lack of a reliable running game stems both from a below average line and mediocre RBs who can’t hold onto the ball. If we want to be better at closing out games next year, this is the main culprit this year and must be addressed in the offseason. Sad to say but with Kareem Hunt we’d probably be 9-3 right now. The guy made the oline better and never fumbled.  That said I’m not sure Alex Collins recent arrest and suspension is going to play well after Kareem.  But I’d see if he’s healthy. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Our lack of a reliable running game stems both from a below average line and mediocre RBs who can’t hold onto the ball. If we want to be better at closing out games next year, this is the main culprit this year and must be addressed in the offseason. Sad to say but with Kareem Hunt we’d probably be 9-3 right now. The guy made the oline better and never fumbled.  That said I’m not sure Alex Collins recent arrest and suspension is going to play well after Kareem.  But I’d see if he’s healthy. 

Mike theres no way in hell wed be 9-3 with Hunt. We wouldnt be 9-3 with Gale Sayers.

11 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Mike theres no way in hell wed be 9-3 with Hunt. We wouldnt be 9-3 with Gale Sayers.

Okay let’s split the difference and call it 8-4 because minus Williams fumble return for a TD there’s no way we lose the Tenn game. GB would’ve been a toss up without Shady fumble. 

But either way we need to put some effort into that interior oline. People that complain about play calling don’t seem to realize our oline has been awful and that makes play calling brutally tough. I agree RBs need holes so our issues wouldn’t disappear with Hunt. But it definitely would help. 

Just now, Mloe68 said:

Okay let’s split the difference and call it 8-4 because minus Williams fumble return for a TD there’s no way we lose the Tenn game. GB would’ve been a toss up without Shady fumble. 

But either way we need to put some effort into that interior oline. People that complain about play calling don’t seem to realize our oline has been awful and that makes play calling brutally tough. I agree RBs need holes so our issues wouldn’t disappear with Hunt. But it definitely would help. 

I guess you missed my joke. We havent played 12 games yet.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

This is someone who should be considered right away.

otherwise, it’s time for D train. 

this rb situation is hurting the team.

RB/oline combo is indeed. But if D train was ready, Andy would have him out there. 

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

His quickness might benefit the run game. Quick and explosive.

I like him. He was second in college football in breaking tackles last year which is something Damien Williams doesn’t do. Just making point whether it’s what he’s showing in pass protection or whatever, he needs to do something to earn those reps. We know Andy will play young RBs early if he thinks they are ready 

14 hours ago, sith13 said:

Surprised he's a free agent. My first question would be can he hold on to the ball? If so definitely a decent addition to the mix, if not then not sure if there's a point. 

He's coming off suspension for being arrested for gun charges and marijuana on top of being out for a broken leg suffered late last season. 

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

If Browns can claim Hunt we can claim this guy for 5 games. If he fits and he stays clean then so be it. Hell I would take Hunt back too right now.

Hunt is a pro-bowl level RB when healthy. I wouldn't treat Collins with the same approach. I don't know much about him but after looking at his fumbling numbers I don't know if he's an upgrade over what we have in town. I'm still leaning towards giving youngsters a look but if the staff thinks Collins is better and bring him in I wouldn't be disturbed by the idea.

I don't think Hunt will ever come back to KC but it sure will be interesting to follow his offseason process, should provide some entertainment to an otherwise boring offseason. 

• 2 weeks later...