"Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs."

Remaining schedule for AFC teams with less than seven losses.

NE   9-1        Dal     @Hou    KC     @Cin    Buf    Mia

Buf  7-3       Den     @Dal     Bal     @Pit     NE     NYJ

Bal  8-2       @LAR  Sfo       @Buf  NYJ     @Cle  Pit

Pit   5-5       @Cin   Cle        @AZ   Buf      @NYJ  @Bal

Cle  4-6       Mia     @Pit      Cin     @AZ    Bal      @Cin

Ind  6-4       @Hou  Ten      @TB    @NO   Car     @Jax

Hou 6-4       Ind     NE        Den      @Ten   @TB    Ten

Ten  5-5      Jax     @Ind    @Oak   Hou     @NO    @Hou

Jax  4-6      @Ten  TB        LAC      @Oak  @Atl    Ind

KC   7-4      BYE     Oak     @NE      Den      @Chi   LAC

Oak  6-4     @NYJ  @KC   Ten       Jax        @LAC  @Den

Just playing with the above schedule, it's easy to imagine a number of teams ending with 10-6 records.  Buf, Pit, Ind, Hou, Oak, and even KC.  Of course there will be upsets along the way.  Just hope the Chiefs aren't one of them.  We can probably eliminate Cle, Ten, and Jax.  Buf has a brutal four game stretch coming up.  Pit could win the next five.  We need Oak to drop an unexpected game   Anyway, I've estimated final records for all the playoff contenders but would like the input of others on the final standings guesses.  

I don't think any game Oakland drops would be that unexpected.  Maybe the Jets.  But everyone else on that schedule could beat them.  Their last 4 wins have been really close games against some teams with really bad records.  Denver on the road and SD on the road in particular will be challenges for them.  And the Titans is no gimme for them.  But we have set ourselves up for a dogfight by shitting the bed in that Titans game. 

15 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I think the AFC south probably beats themselves up.

Pittsburgh is meh. They can drop games as easy as they win.

KC needs to beat all the AFC west teams and beat Chicago.

Stupid Bills will steal a wildcard spot that they don’t deserve.

Win our three homes games and it seems likely we play either Pittsburgh or Buffalo on Jan 4th. 7:30 kickoff. 

1 hour ago, totemkeeper said:

That's a fun site.  I just like having the total schedule in front of me at one glance. 

The Chiefs must beat Oakland or they will have to win out including beating NE.  Even winning over OAK will mean not losing more than the NE game.  The bad news is that both Ind and Hou have the tie breaker so KC can't afford to go 10-6.

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That's a fun site.  I just like having the total schedule in front of me at one glance. 

The Chiefs must beat Oakland or they will have to win out including beating NE.  Even winning over OAK will mean not losing more than the NE game.  The bad news is that both Ind and Hou have the tie breaker so KC can't afford to go 10-6.

Obviously winning the Raider game is vital to the Chiefs getting the division. I expect the Raiders to beat the Jets giving them the same record as KC. If they come in and beat the Chiefs that would give them 1st place, a 5 game winning streak, A buttload of swag and momentum and a fairly easy schedule to close it out. We cannot afford to get behind in the standings

49 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

I wouldn't mind getting the #2 seed, but could you imagine Baltimore coming to KC in the divisional round. That would be tough. 

Ya I'm not sure what I'd rather have....We seem to get to comfy at home games and end up playing down to teams vs road games going all out.  Pats away or Raven at home, either way we will have to play hard

33 minutes ago, Balto said:

Ya I'm not sure what I'd rather have....We seem to get to comfy at home games and end up playing down to teams vs road games going all out.  Pats away or Raven at home, either way we will have to play hard

Well the only wins we have in the playoffs in recent memory is the Texans on the road against Brian "turnover machine" Hoyer. And then we beat Andrew Luck and the Colts at Arrowhead. I'm okay with a home game.

Too much chitter chatter about Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Brissett and all these other young guns. What are these guys going to do when they go up to Gillette to face big bad Brady? Nobody has been able to dethrone him and Belicheat as of yet. Until then it's all talk until one of these guys knocks them off in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Too much chitter chatter about Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Brissett and all these other young guns. What are these guys going to do when they go up to Gillette to face big bad Brady? Nobody has been able to dethrone him and Belicheat as of yet. Until then it's all talk until one of these guys knocks them off in the playoffs.

Brady is approaching Peyton Manning's last year in Denver.  Brady has not been good this year.  They are riding that defense, and if they are going to make another super bowl, then Brady is going to have to go back to being special in the playoffs, or it'll be an upset loss for them.  I know with his age it's to be expected, but I'm amazed at how far Brady's play has fallen.  Not that he ever had a big arm, but his downfield throws just appear to be very noodle-ish.  At this point he's a game manager.  

13 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Brady is approaching Peyton Manning's last year in Denver.  Brady has not been good this year.  They are riding that defense, and if they are going to make another super bowl, then Brady is going to have to go back to being special in the playoffs, or it'll be an upset loss for them.  I know with his age it's to be expected, but I'm amazed at how far Brady's play has fallen.  Not that he ever had a big arm, but his downfield throws just appear to be very noodle-ish.  At this point he's a game manager.  

Not much different than last year in that they really only ask Brady to deliver clutch plays and otherwise built the o around two good RBs and the defense.  Even more so this year. 

58 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Not much different than last year in that they really only ask Brady to deliver clutch plays and otherwise built the o around two good RBs and the defense.  Even more so this year. 

To me it looks like he's much less than he was last year.  Granted I don't watch nearly as much football outside of the Chiefs as I used to, but what I have seen this year, I haven't seen Brady look remotely like the QB we played against in the AFC Championship game. 

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

To me it looks like he's much less than he was last year.  Granted I don't watch nearly as much football outside of the Chiefs as I used to, but what I have seen this year, I haven't seen Brady look remotely like the QB we played against in the AFC Championship game. 

Honesty I haven’t watched them much either. His stats back you up though although their skill position talent isn’t as good so maybe a combo. 

14 hours ago, moons314 said:

Brady sucked then too. If not for the off sides call it would have been his 3rd int was it? He did not have great numbers and the slide of his performance has continued this year too. Not counting him out but father time is knocking it seems.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 11:40 AM, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Chiefs will be in, probably 3rd seed.

Third or fourth, but there's always a chance that NE or BAL could drop a couple.  If KC could somehow come out of the Pats game with a win (not likely) anything could happen.  After the LAC game in KC last season, the odds of top seed didn't look so good.  
B

19 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Third or fourth, but there's always a chance that NE or BAL could drop a couple.  If KC could somehow come out of the Pats game with a win (not likely) anything could happen.  After the LAC game in KC last season, the odds of top seed didn't look so good.  
B

Baltimore is rolling. They are not losing anymore. Imo.