"Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs."

30 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Baltimore is rolling. They are not losing anymore. Imo.

I could see them resting all of their starters the last game if they have the 1st seed locked down 

I could also see Buffalo or Pittsburgh getting a fluke win against them.  Baltimore definitely seems to be the #1 team right now.

I'm not so much worried about seeds anymore.  With a great QB, getting to the playoffs gives us as good a chance as anyone.  Now, we are pretty healthy, and the D is really reached a decent level, especially in coverage.  With Okafor getting healthy, and with Clark getting healthy, and with Jones, obviously, we can bring the pressure.  Just getting to the playoffs after a long first 2/3 of the season filled with injuries, and with the D learning Spag's system, I just don't give  damn about seeds.  We have as good a chance as anyone wherever and whoever we play.  Mahomes is mobile again, and I would like to see Thompson become a force at RB and get to see Mahomes throw in something other than a Category 2 hurricane.

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Pittsburgh, Tennessee or Buffalo at Arrowhead on Saturday night in January. No bargains there but personally I’d like to avoid a Tenn team that gives us fits. 

if they give us fits, then we are not fit to be the world champions unless we beat them, right?  Instead of worrying about how we can sneak around or avoid "better" teams than us, we should be enthusiastic about having the opportunity to beat them.  If we can't, then we should not be champions, no? Bring 'em on.  Otherwise a championship comes with an asterisk.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

if they give us fits, then we are not fit to be the world champions unless we beat them, right?  Instead of worrying about how we can sneak around or avoid "better" teams than us, we should be enthusiastic about having the opportunity to beat them.  If we can't, then we should not be champions, no? Bring 'em on.  Otherwise a championship comes with an asterisk.

There are rock-paper-scissors matchups in the league every year.  Teams catch various breaks every year.  I agree I want to be good enough to beat any team playing any style, but there's nothing wrong with wanting a favorable matchup.

There's no sneaking around this loaded AFC playoff field!  But some teams present worse matchups for us than others. Sometimes getting the more favorable matchups can be the difference between losing in the Wild Card round and a trip to Miami. The competition is that close. Just a personal preference not to play Derrick Henry again. 

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Pittsburgh, Tennessee or Buffalo at Arrowhead on Saturday night in January. No bargains there but personally I’d like to avoid a Tenn team that gives us fits. 

The Chiefs should beat any of them and I don't see how the Titans have an advantage over the others.  The Chiefs are a better team and if they avoid penalties and turnovers, they will win.  That being said, having the games in Arrowhead is a big advantage.  Maybe not this year when so many injuries influenced the games, but KC just plays better at home in most cases. 

20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs should beat any of them and I don't see how the Titans have an advantage over the others.  The Chiefs are a better team and if they avoid penalties and turnovers, they will win.  That being said, having the games in Arrowhead is a big advantage.  Maybe not this year when so many injuries influenced the games, but KC just plays better at home in most cases. 

I don't disagree but the reality is Derrick Henry has absolutely destroyed us in both games and the Titans have won at Arrowhead in both our two games in the Andy Reid era. And he's something like 1-8 against Tennessee. For whatever reason (and the last game it was Henry and big mistakes) they just seem to have our number. Is what it is though. Just a personal preference. Odds are based on remaining schedule we are playing the Bills or Steelers. 

18 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I don't disagree but the reality is Derrick Henry has absolutely destroyed us in both games and the Titans have won at Arrowhead in both our two games in the Andy Reid era. And he's something like 1-8 against Tennessee. For whatever reason (and the last game it was Henry and big mistakes) they just seem to have our number. Is what it is though. Just a personal preference. Odds are based on remaining schedule we are playing the Bills or Steelers. 

I know I went to my first game ever last year against the Colts in the playoffs, the fans were loving the beating we gave them and giving a payback of sorts. Also glad to have seen Luck play his last game ever.

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I know I went to my first game ever last year against the Colts in the playoffs, the fans were loving the beating we gave them and giving a payback of sorts. Also glad to have seen Luck play his last game ever.

I was there. One of the funnest games I have ever been too (and that's well over 200), so you hit the jackpot. It literally snowed 6 inches at our tailgate before the game started. Winter wonderland on a night we exercised two plus decades of demons!

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

I was there. One of the funnest games I have ever been too (and that's well over 200), so you hit the jackpot. It literally snowed 6 inches at our tailgate before the game started. Winter wonderland on a night we exercised two plus decades of demons!

I had a blast. Never missed a minute of it and the town was so full of electricity even after the game. High fiving at the bar, restaurant etc well after the game ended. Loved it.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

I had a blast. Never missed a minute of it and the town was so full of electricity even after the game. High fiving at the bar, restaurant etc well after the game ended. Loved it.

Still have chills from Mahomes running out of the tunnel pointing at his fake watch "our time". These are the moments you live for as fans. 

3 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

There are rock-paper-scissors matchups in the league every year.  Teams catch various breaks every year.  I agree I want to be good enough to beat any team playing any style, but there's nothing wrong with wanting a favorable matchup.

I understand.  Don't agree, but I understand. I have just grown weary of a half century of excuses.

Man I want Tenn. They stole a game we dominated. I know those guys are pissed about that. We would roll those chumps. Ravens and Pats are the only ones that scare me. Buffalo a little also. But bring’em. Let’s watch the boys scrap it out. I love the playoffs.

6 hours ago, robgar said:

anything but the team, whos quarterback catches his own passes, bad snaps from the most reliable special teams snapper in the nfl, blocked kicks, fumbled snaps, wierd unexplained shit happens when we play Tennessee..

To any fan, it feels like it. The only problem is that believing in curses or paranormal influences with a particular opponent is  not just illogical.  It is counterproductive and, if believed by the organization, possibly counterproductive.  I think that sometimes, if you flip a coin six times, it will come  up tails six times.  The exact odds can be calculated in advance but always feels spooky if you are the one flipping the coin.  My feeling is to forget about that stuff and just enjoy the game when or if it takes place.

17 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

To any fan, it feels like it. The only problem is that believing in curses or paranormal influences with a particular opponent is  not just illogical.  It is counterproductive and, if believed by the organization, possibly counterproductive.  I think that sometimes, if you flip a coin six times, it will come  up tails six times.  The exact odds can be calculated in advance but always feels spooky if you are the one flipping the coin.  My feeling is to forget about that stuff and just enjoy the game when or if it takes place.

Reality is the Titans play an ugly style which is completely contrary to our style and it gives us problems. Some of those things he’s describing were flukes but others were forced errors. In general it’s hard to keep a consistent flow and feel like you have control against a team like that.  Andy’s just rarely ever had success against them for a reason.  It’s not a curse either  
That said we are better and should beat them. But that was true in three of our last four games against them we ended up losing.  My hope is a slightly different approach by Andy if we see them in January. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Reality is the Titans play an ugly style which is completely contrary to our style and it gives us problems. Some of those things he’s describing were flukes but others were forced errors. In general it’s hard to keep a consistent flow and feel like you have control against a team like that.  Andy’s just rarely ever had success against them for a reason.  It’s not a curse either  
That said we are better and should beat them. But that was true in three of our last four games against them we ended up losing.  My hope is a slightly different approach by Andy if we see them in January. 

My feeling is that nobody studies film and produces game plans and preparation any better than Andy Reid, and he has faced them multiple times.  I also feel that for 14 years, New England has faced teams of every possible approach and style and has continued to win Super Bowls.  Somehow, they have done it with a great QB, and we should, too, without any further nervous nelly-ship or nail biting. If we are better and play better, we win. If we don't or can't, then we are not ready yet or not good enough.  Just as simple as that.

11 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

My feeling is that nobody studies film and produces game plans and preparation any better than Andy Reid, and he has faced them multiple times.  I also feel that for 14 years, New England has faced teams of every possible approach and style and has continued to win Super Bowls.  Somehow, they have done it with a great QB, and we should, too, without any further nervous nelly-ship or nail biting. If we are better and play better, we win. If we don't or can't, then we are not ready yet or not good enough.  Just as simple as that.

I don't think it's that unusual for a team to struggle with another specific team.  As good as the Patriots have been, they have had a lot of trouble with the Dolphins.  I'm sure there are reasons that don't involve supernatural stuff, but it does happen.

I don't disagree. BB is the best coach in NFL history for a reason. But that said, there are teams that play styles which give his teams consistent problems as well. As for the Chiefs we've lost to the Titans three straight times now where we had a 10 plus point lead. I can't really explain it, but nobody else in the league has done it more than once in the Reid era.