"Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs."

16 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

If not for a fumble and a missed offsides call on the FG attempt that game could/probably would have ended differently. 

Penalties, a big turnover and special teams miscues absolutely cost us a game we should have won. We’ve lost three straight games to them and blown big leads in all of them. 

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

"If the dog hadn't stopped to piss, he'd have caught the rabbitt."

And if the rabbit was bigger it would have kicked the dogs ass.

Isn't that what everyone does here "What if", "hypothetically speaking" or "this player has done this and the Chiefs haven't done this"? At least that is what I have been told over and over again.

3 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Isn't that what everyone does here "What if", "hypothetically speaking" or "this player has done this and the Chiefs haven't done this"? At least that is what I have been told over and over again.

I know, 63.  I went to every game the year they won their only SuperBowl, 1969.  I have been waiting through all the frustration ever since, a full half century, and now I am 72.  Maybe it is anger or bitterness, but I am sick of excuses.  If we are good enough, big enough, strong enough, skilled enough, or whatever, we will win.  The Chiefs organization is not running out of time, but I might be.  So my patience is wearing thin. The hypotheticals, the "only if's", the bad calls, the missed field goals, the unfair penalties, the scapegoating of players for encroachment, the injuries, the bad coaching calls, all of it, just don't get me buzzed up anymore.  There are 31 other teams, and no world championship for us for 50 years.  It's time to just win and forget all the other stuff, but that is just me.  Frustrated.  Everyone else has every right to indulge in all the other stuff.  That is one of the things that makes it fun.

3 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

screenshot_837.jpg

4 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Could be worse:

Cardinals 72 years

Lions 62 years

Vikings 58 years

Titans/Oilers 58 years

Chargers 58 years

Bills 58 years

Browns 55 years

Falcons 53 years

Bengals 52 years

Jets 51 years

"Somebody told me to cheer up.  Things could be worse.  So I cheered up, and sure enough, things got worse." 

- Rodney Dangerfield

🎩

On 12/5/2019 at 1:37 AM, Chiefsfan1963 said:

If not for a fumble and a missed offsides call on the FG attempt that game could/probably would have ended differently. 

The playoffs game was simply Chiefs in playoffs, the rest is generally irrelevant as we seem to find a way to lose.

Regarding the regular season loss I think it's one of those games that helps the team right the ship and could be the game-changer for us this year. Ever since that game we have been focusing on guys who are supposed to be better against the run while trying to run ourselves, basically shifted our identity from a flashy indoors team to a January-based old school one. 

On 12/2/2019 at 8:07 AM, Mloe68 said:

Pittsburgh, Tennessee or Buffalo at Arrowhead on Saturday night in January. No bargains there but personally I’d like to avoid a Tenn team that gives us fits. 

One of the many things that have always bugged me is that all these other teams supposedly has the Chiefs number or give the Chiefs fits but they never tend to say the same thing about KC. Who's beaten Jackson lead Baltimore two years straight? That's right the Mahomes lead Chiefs, so does that mean the Chiefs have the Ravens number? Just asking. 

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

One of the many things that have always bugged me is that all these other teams supposedly has the Chiefs number or give the Chiefs fits but they never tend to say the same thing about KC. Who's beaten Jackson lead Baltimore two years straight? That's right the Mahomes lead Chiefs, so does that mean the Chiefs have the Ravens number? Just asking. 

We've dominated our division even more than NE has dominated the East but you don't hear much about that either.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:54 PM, VIChiefsFan said:

It looks like some crappy below 500 NFC East team is going to get a home game against a team that is currently 10-2. But they deserve it because they won their horrible division.

if we lose a few more games, which is likely considering our consistency at Arrowhead, we could win our crappy division and play a 3 loss team at arrowhead.

16 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

We've dominated our division even more than NE has dominated the East but you don't hear much about that either.

It's almost like people prefer to go in with low expectations so if the Chiefs lose then they aren't as upset. Look how long it's taken some to get over the AFC Championship game and more recently the Titans game. 

I'll say it again.  If we want the championship, we win all our playoff games and the SB. It is no more complicated than that.  "Just win, baby."  No excuses.  Simple formula. The rest of it is bullshit.  I don't care what sportwriters say, what fans in KC or opposing cities say.  Championships are not won with the mouth or the keyboard. They are won on the field.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I talk all the time about how we have the entire AFC West’s number. Twice is nice against Balt but if we can knock them out of the playoffs, heck yes we’d have their number. 

Titans have beaten us three times in a row (twice at Arrowhead) and rallied from 10 plus down each time. That counts.  This is a league of matchups v

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I talk all the time about how we have the entire AFC West’s number. Twice is nice against Balt but if we can knock them out of the playoffs, heck yes we’d have their number. 

Titans have beaten us three times in a row (twice at Arrowhead) and rallied from 10 plus down each time. That counts.  This is a league of matchups v

They have yet to beat a Mahomes led healthy Chiefs team. That's what counts. Actually other than the Jags game I don't think they have been complete all year.

7 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

They have yet to beat a Mahomes led healthy Chiefs team. That's what counts. Actually other than the Jags game I don't think they have been complete all year.

The Chiefs were healthier than the Titans in the loss in Nashville this year which was actually more like.a home game there were so many Chiefs fans. 

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

The Chiefs were healthier than the Titans in the loss in Nashville this year which was actually more like.a home game there were so many Chiefs fans. 

I don't think players just coming off of injuries are game ready. Timing is off and getting everyone on the line working together takes time as well.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I don't think players just coming off of injuries are game ready. Timing is off and getting everyone on the line working together takes time as well.

Just excuses for another late collapse against them. We didn’t execute. And their style of play seems to get us to do that for whatever reason. Henry just seems to demoralize our D.  Again matchups matter.