Baltimore is the team to beat.

13 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Let’s not forget even this year MVP has played a little under 3 less games and only has 300 yards less of total offense then LJ.  In all the hype, MVP is still unreal

It doesn't really matter. The total numbers will play a major role rather than the average when making the decision as well as the overall team performance. At this point any guy that misses time will be left out of the race IMO. Mahomes can easily catch up and possibly exceed Jackson if he stays healthy but we might need more of a Brady-type performance from Mahomes for SB this year moving the ball from the ground and keeping the offense on the field rather than flashy numbers. 

37 minutes ago, sith13 said:

It doesn't really matter. The total numbers will play a major role rather than the average when making the decision as well as the overall team performance. At this point any guy that misses time will be left out of the race IMO. Mahomes can easily catch up and possibly exceed Jackson if he stays healthy but we might need more of a Brady-type performance from Mahomes for SB this year moving the ball from the ground and keeping the offense on the field rather than flashy numbers. 

Yep. Having your QB as the league MVP is nice. Having a Super Bowl championship ring on his hand? Off the chart.

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

I don't know. Do you think teams are still figuring their identity out in September as opposed to November? We absolutely destroyed the Patriots in week 1 a couple years ago. Guess we were the better team that year? September games are often fool's gold. November/December are not.

Again, we have yet to even remotely have a complete team health wise, which is lining up for us to do so going into the playoffs. We are still figuring ourselves out too. We will beat Ravens and even Titans if they make it. Browns destroyed the Ravens while the Titans were destroyed by us and we loss still. I like our chances still

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Praying spags doesn’t conclude we need to stop the pass and activates joey ivie instead of mike pennel next time we play the ravens

Looking at the way Ingram ran all over us I doubt it but it's tough to ignore Ivie's pass rush skills. There hasn't been anyone as good since DT.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Again, we have yet to even remotely have a complete team health wise, which is lining up for us to do so going into the playoffs. We are still figuring ourselves out too. We will beat Ravens and even Titans if they make it. Browns destroyed the Ravens while the Titans were destroyed by us and we loss still. I like our chances still

Not discounting the injuries. They certainly have hampered the Chiefs. But the saying goes "every team deals with injuries so...next man up." I'm not saying the Chiefs couldn't beat the Ravens again. But the Chiefs are a very flawed team. Interior Oline is below average in the run game. Linebackers are below average. Just the run game on both sides is weak overall. We have flashes now and then. The Ravens avg. better than 200 yards a game rushing the ball. That's a problem in colder months when passing games dwindle down and the run game becomes more of a weapon. That concerns me...greatly.

To be honest, I'm not feeling like we beat Baltimore in the playoffs if we play them.  But a few things that keep my glass half full:

• We've seen top shelf young QBs falter in the playoffs
  • Its about to get real cold for Lamar Jackson

To add to my second point - They are going to play 5 December games.  Three in Baltimore, one in Buffalo, and one in Cleveland.  If we see them in the playoffs it will most likely be in January in Baltimore.  Five weeks of getting hit in the cold may make Lamar Jackson approach running the ball so much a little differently, and might put more wear and tear on him than he has had so far this season. 

18 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Interior Oline is below average in the run game. Linebackers are below average. Just the run game on both sides is weak overall. 

I think that is part of Andy's issue he never seems to get Maulers up front for the Offensive side of the ball. 

As it stands this chiefs team does not match up well at all with any January football team like the ravens.

I sure the hell am not getting my hopes up for a post season run.  Based on Andy, The defense, and pretty much every other damn variable involved with the Kansas city Chiefs and post season football.

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Praying spags doesn’t conclude we need to stop the pass and activates joey ivie instead of mike pennel next time we play the ravens

Ivie got released last week. Even further proves how ignorant the move was to start him at Tennessee and deactivate Pennel. 2 weeks later he is gone and Pennel looks like an extension candidate. 

They royally screwed the pooch on that gameplan and likely cost us any chance at a playoff bye.

46 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

I think that is part of Andy's issue he never seems to get Maulers up front for the Offensive side of the ball. 

As it stands this chiefs team does not match up well at all with any January football team like the ravens.

I sure the hell am not getting my hopes up for a post season run.  Based on Andy, The defense, and pretty much every other damn variable involved with the Kansas city Chiefs and post season football.

Yep. Every playoff team in the AFC can run the ball and play defense.....Except for one KC Chiefs.

Just now, FANATIC said:

None of those teams have Mahomes. So there is that.

No shit.  And Kelce and Hill and Watkins and Hardman.  People are acting like we are some kind of underdog to all these awesome AFC teams that run the ball.  A healthy KC team is absolutely in the hunt for the AFC Championship. 

Let me clarify something. I am not predicting the Chiels will lose to any particular team in the playoffs. They are certainly capable of winning. Some teams do pose a problem as far as matchups. To deny that is blind homerism.

Having said that....GO CHIEFS!!

Just now, dhitter said:

Not discounting the injuries. They certainly have hampered the Chiefs. But the saying goes "every team deals with injuries so...next man up." I'm not saying the Chiefs couldn't beat the Ravens again. But the Chiefs are a very flawed team. Interior Oline is below average in the run game. Linebackers are below average. Just the run game on both sides is weak overall. We have flashes now and then. The Ravens avg. better than 200 yards a game rushing the ball. That's a problem in colder months when passing games dwindle down and the run game becomes more of a weapon. That concerns me...greatly.

There's injuries and then there's injuries.  Pull Lamar Jackson out of the Ravens offense and tell me how the next man up thing goes.  In the middle of the season we replaced the league MVP with a high school coach.  The Ravens were 2nd in the league in rushing last year and had the #2 defense.  They got beat in the wild card round by the Chargers who got dick slapped the next round. 

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

There's injuries and then there's injuries.  Pull Lamar Jackson out of the Ravens offense and tell me how the next man up thing goes.  In the middle of the season we replaced the league MVP with a high school coach.  The Ravens were 2nd in the league in rushing last year and had the #2 defense.  They got beat in the wild card round by the Chargers who got dick slapped the next round. 

Jackson is the real deal BUT.........likley to get injured at some point. He was still running with a huge lead. Seems like a guy that wants STATS.

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

Jackson is the real deal BUT.........likley to get injured at some point. He was still running with a huge lead. Seems like a guy that wants STATS.

Yes.  He's absolutely amazing.  But that kind of quarterback generally has a short shelf life.  I had been thinking Pat Mahomes would have the AFC to himself when Brady and Big Ben retire.  Apparently not.

29 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Let me clarify something. I am not predicting the Chiels will lose to any particular team in the playoffs. They are certainly capable of winning. Some teams do pose a problem as far as matchups. To deny that is blind homerism.

I concur.  Anything given Saturday, Sunday, Monday or Thursday.  

But gosh DAMN!!!  It's the freaking chiefs!!

31 minutes ago, dhitter said:

How many teams do we not pose a matchup problem for?  

20 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Not sure what your point is here. My point was injuries happen and you can't use them as an excuse. So next man up applies. You bring up the Mahomes injury and Moore did an amazing job filling in for PM15. Better than anyone would have imagined. The one loss Moore incurred had nothing to do with his play. Chiefs let a RB go off for a career day. Those flaws The Chiefs have that I pointed out. They were the reason.😵

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

How many teams do we not pose a matchup problem for?  

One dimensional teams often get exposed come playoff time. They look great during the year but when it's win or go home time their flaws really show out. 50 years of watching the Chiefs has proven that to be correct.