Baltimore is the team to beat.

5 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Not sure what your point is here. My point was injuries happen and you can't use them as an excuse. So next man up applies. You bring up the Mahomes injury and Moore did an amazing job filling in for PM15. Better than anyone would have imagined. The one loss Moore incurred had nothing to do with his play. Chiefs let a RB go off for a career day. Those flaws The Chiefs have that I pointed out. They were the reason.😵

My point is that it is an excuse sometimes.  We see it all the time across the league.  When Rodgers has been hurt, the Packers are not the same team.  The Steelers and Roethlisberger.  Moore lost the Packers game where we gave up 118 yards rushing.  Likely we win that game with Mahomes.  We almost did with Moore.  He played fine, but you can't lose the League MVP, the starting left tackle, arguably the best receiver in the game and then say next man up.  It just doesn't work that way.  It's not an excuse, it's just a fact.  Those injuries changed the dynamic of our season and our entire playoff picture. 

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

My point is that it is an excuse sometimes.  We see it all the time across the league.  When Rodgers has been hurt, the Packers are not the same team.  The Steelers and Roethlisberger.  Moore lost the Packers game where we gave up 118 yards rushing.  Likely we win that game with Mahomes.  We almost did with Moore.  He played fine, but you can't lose the League MVP, the starting left tackle, arguably the best receiver in the game and then say next man up.  It just doesn't work that way.  It's not an excuse, it's just a fact.  Those injuries changed the dynamic of our season and our entire playoff picture. 

Coach speak will say next man up. But reality is EVERY roster has a handful of players that aren’t remotely replaceable by their backup. The more time these guys miss, the more your team is exposed. The Ravens have lived a charmed life so far with injuries

31 minutes ago, dhitter said:

One dimensional teams often get exposed come playoff time. They look great during the year but when it's win or go home time their flaws really show out. 50 years of watching the Chiefs has proven that to be correct.

KC was in the Superbowl but for a brain fart by Ford. They can do it again with a defense that is a little better.

30 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Two years ago the Eagles were one of the most injured teams in football. They went to the SB with a backup QB and took down the Patriots. Yeah it was Nick Foles. Nick "polish his bust for Canton" Foles. You have to have a solid foundation on both sides of the ball. It's starts with Oline and Dline. You can weather injuries if your lines are solid IMO.

7 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Two years ago the Eagles were one of the most injured teams in football. They went to the SB with a backup QB and took down the Patriots. Yeah it was Nick Foles. Nick "polish his bust for Canton" Foles. You have to have a solid foundation on both sides of the ball. It's starts with Oline and Dline. You can weather injuries if your lines are solid IMO.

Who was injured other than Wentz?  I honestly don't know.  Looks like Ertz missed a game, other than that I'm not seeing anyone, but I don't remember.

I'm not saying you don't need a good O Line or D Line.  Nobody is.  But Carson Wentz to Nick Foles is not that big of a drop off.  Frankly a lot of Eagles fans prefer Foles.  It's not the same as going from Mahomes to Matt Moore.  It just isn't.  That's the point.  Sometimes the next man up theory is just not valid. 

13 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Yep, those boys with stripes always seem to come out on top.

Well to be fair Dee Ford actually was lined up off sides. If the shoe were on the other foot and it was the Pats who were off sides and it wasn't called?

12 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Who was injured other than Wentz?  I honestly don't know.  Looks like Ertz missed a game, other than that I'm not seeing anyone, but I don't remember.

I'm not saying you don't need a good O Line or D Line.  Nobody is.  But Carson Wentz to Nick Foles is not that big of a drop off.  Frankly a lot of Eagles fans prefer Foles.  It's not the same as going from Mahomes to Matt Moore.  It just isn't.  That's the point.  Sometimes the next man up theory is just not valid. 

Darby was out quite a few games. Fletcher Cox missed several games. They had numerous key role players put on IR. I work with a Philly fan...he bitched every week about all the injuries.

3 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Well to be fair Dee Ford actually was lined up off sides. If the shoe were on the other foot and it was the Pats who were off sides and it wasn't called?

Yet everything I heard afterwards was that the refs always gives the players a heads up if they are close. How many games have you seen players make a last minute slide back, that's normally based on the refs prompting. So I've heard and read.

Also what about the phantom hit to the head on 3rd and long which kept one of NEs last TD drives alive. Where a few series earlier Mahomes was mugged but no flag.

Refs turn games on a regular basis. They shouldn't but they do. Gonzales push off in the endzone vs Indy. Is another example. 

14 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Yet everything I heard afterwards was that the refs always gives the players a heads up if they are close. How many games have you seen players make a last minute slide back, that's normally based on the refs prompting. So I've heard and read.

Also what about the phantom hit to the head on 3rd and long which kept one of NEs last TD drives alive. Where a few series earlier Mahomes was mugged but no flag.

Refs turn games on a regular basis. They shouldn't but they do. Gonzales push off in the endzone vs Indy. Is another example. 

Those others are all valid examples. The Dee Ford thing was him being a bonehead. 

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

They got beat by a better disciplined team.

The point is KC was not balanced last year and easily could have made it. A coin flip actually decided it. Mahomes changes everything. Would I prefer more balance?  Yes and they are a little better.

Not sure how into DVOA you are but I’m surprised by the #Chiefs defense being 12th heading into this last weekend (h/t @ryenarussillo). I just haven’t seen it but perhaps post-Indy they’ve found their groove. Gonna have to do a deeper dive.

15 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

The point is KC was not balanced last year and easily could have made it. A coin flip actually decided it. Mahomes changes everything. Would I prefer more balance?  Yes and they are a little better.

Not sure how into DVOA you are but I’m surprised by the #Chiefs defense being 12th heading into this last weekend (h/t @ryenarussillo). I just haven’t seen it but perhaps post-Indy they’ve found their groove. Gonna have to do a deeper dive.

Before this past Sunday.. Chiefs were 11th in passing yards allowed. Now one might argue that teams would rather attack our 30th ranked run defense but the back end has gotten much better. If we could get more consistency from our run defense the Chiefs could prove to be very tough to beat down the stretch.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Ivie got released last week. Even further proves how ignorant the move was to start him at Tennessee and deactivate Pennel. 2 weeks later he is gone and Pennel looks like an extension candidate. 

They royally screwed the pooch on that gameplan and likely cost us any chance at a playoff bye.

Don’t underestimate their ability to resign ivie seconds before an important playoff battle and screw us. On the plus side they did not add him back to the practice squad and instead added rb elijah mcquire

4 hours ago, reesebobby said:

No shit.  And Kelce and Hill and Watkins and Hardman.  People are acting like we are some kind of underdog to all these awesome AFC teams that run the ball.  A healthy KC team is absolutely in the hunt for the AFC Championship. 

We haven't been healthy or played well in general most of the season but still sit 7-4 with wins over two division leaders. IF we can figure a few things out and get some luck with injuries, we are still a major part of this thing. 

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

Before this past Sunday.. Chiefs were 11th in passing yards allowed. Now one might argue that teams would rather attack our 30th ranked run defense but the back end has gotten much better. If we could get more consistency from our run defense the Chiefs could prove to be very tough to beat down the stretch.

Many thought the defense would be instantly improved by the additions of Clark and HB along with Breeland, Wilson, Ogbah and Okafor.  Others pointed out that it was a work in progress.  The second opinion was right.

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Many thought the defense would be instantly improved by the additions of Clark and HB along with Breeland, Wilson, Ogbah and Okafor.  Others pointed out that it was a work in progress.  The second opinion was right.

Both opinions were right.  They are significantly better than a year ago.  And it's still got a ways to go. 

Jesus all the Baltimore love and sucking off of Jackson is nauseating.  They rely heavily on the run, and if they aren't getting yards on the ground, and Jackson is forced to throw the ball more than 20 times, his numbers start going down.  Their defense lacks the speed to match up with the Chiefs offense, and they have been lucky to avoid the key injuries unlike the Chiefs.  Of all the playoff teams , the Ravens are the team I fear the least, regardless of where the game is.  I mean as bad as our losses have been, at least we didn't give up 40 and lose to the Browns.  The Rams just flat out aren't a very good team, and the Texans aren't great either.  By the time the playoffs start, defenses will have an answer for the running ability of Jackson, which is the driver here.  They beat the Seahawks with a passing line of 9-20 for 143 yards.  There's not a more overrated player in the league right now, or in the last 5 years for that matter. 

26 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The Ravens are very beatable, but you gotta score enough on them to force them into playing one dimensional.

I think the team to beat is still the Saints. 

I’m not impressed with their running game without mark Ingram. I prefer what I’ve seen from sf. That defense looks impressive. And their running game is incredible 3 headed monster.

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’m not impressed with their running game without mark Ingram. I prefer what I’ve seen from sf. That defense looks impressive. And their running game is incredible 3 headed monster.

I'm very wary of the 49ers. 

Yeah they've got a great record and everything is scheming well and all, but I don't think I trust Jimmy Grapes when the team gets behind in a game and the Shanahan smoke and mirrors effect wears off.

They've really got that Rams vibe going on.  Always remember that they favored keeping an old as hell Tom Brady over him in New England.

7 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I'm very wary of the 49ers. 

Yeah they've got a great record and everything is scheming well and all, but I don't think I trust Jimmy Grapes when the team gets behind in a game and the Shanahan smoke and mirrors effect wears off.

They've really got that Rams vibe going on.  Always remember that they favored keeping an old as hell Tom Brady over him in New England.

I’ve watched all their games. Their defense is legit. And They are punching people in the mouth in the running game.