Baltimore is the team to beat.

8 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Yet everything I heard afterwards was that the refs always gives the players a heads up if they are close. How many games have you seen players make a last minute slide back, that's normally based on the refs prompting. So I've heard and read.

Also what about the phantom hit to the head on 3rd and long which kept one of NEs last TD drives alive. Where a few series earlier Mahomes was mugged but no flag.

Refs turn games on a regular basis. They shouldn't but they do. Gonzales push off in the endzone vs Indy. Is another example. 

It is true the officials will often tell a player. If you watch closely though the official who threw the flag had his hand on it ready to throw at the snap. Why?  No clue. But yesterday I’m watching one of the games and this time the WR is across the line. Flag.  Announcers bring up the point officials normally tell the player but decided not too. And then chastised the player for a stupid penalty. And we are back to Dee Ford. 

the one thing that stands out when u watch the ravens is how physical they are when they run the ball. i wish the chiefs had some of that nasty edge and the personal to do that. that’s why i wonder why we don’t use sherman more. 

chiefs are in a great postion because all eyes are not on them now. they can beat anyone and the only thing holding them,back is mistakes. fumbles penalties. 

if they can clean that up they will throttle teams. the only reason pats are winning is because they don’t make mistakes. 

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

I'm very wary of the 49ers. 

Yeah they've got a great record and everything is scheming well and all, but I don't think I trust Jimmy Grapes when the team gets behind in a game and the Shanahan smoke and mirrors effect wears off.

They've really got that Rams vibe going on.  Always remember that they favored keeping an old as hell Tom Brady over him in New England.

58 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’ve watched all their games. Their defense is legit. And They are punching people in the mouth in the running game.

The Niners are for real. I made a thread some weeks ago about strength of schedule, and they have proven it doesn't matter, they're just good. I wish for once the Chiefs could be completely solid on both sides of the ball, or at least close to it. Who knows, maybe next year. I'm running out of hope for this season.  

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

the one thing that stands out when u watch the ravens is how physical they are when they run the ball. i wish the chiefs had some of that nasty edge and the personal to do that. that’s why i wonder why we don’t use sherman more. 

chiefs are in a great postion because all eyes are not on them now. they can beat anyone and the only thing holding them,back is mistakes. fumbles penalties. 

if they can clean that up they will throttle teams. the only reason pats are winning is because they don’t make mistakes. 

Well Derrick Henry is a free agent this upcoming season.

11 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Chiefs need oline help. Look at Bell with the Jets. No holes no yards. KC issue is oline not the backs.

Yep spend two premium picks on some maulers and we'll see how improved this whole team will be. This team would be much better if we had a better LG or OC both to protect Mahomes and block for whomever is out there to fumble the ball. 

24 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Yep spend two premium picks on some maulers and we'll see how improved this whole team will be. This team would be much better if we had a better LG or OC both to protect Mahomes and block for whomever is out there to fumble the ball. 

and listen to the whiners cry about no drafted LB's?

49 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Chiefs need oline help. Look at Bell with the Jets. No holes no yards. KC issue is oline not the backs.

I think you are spot on that the interior oline needs to be addressed for real. Both to protect Pat and give our slower developing routes time to develop downfield. And with woeful run blocking. But I also think Andy’s offenses thrive with a go to RB.he trusts. It would be nice if Fisher could even get to 80 percent this year so we could evaluate it better though. Cameron Erving and the Fisher we saw vs LA have been so bad it skews everything. 

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I think you are spot on that the interior oline needs to be addressed for real. Both to protect Pat and give our slower developing routes time to develop downfield. And with woeful run blocking. But I also think Andy’s offenses thrive with a go to RB.he trusts. It would be nice if Fisher could even get to 80 percent this year so we could evaluate it better though. Cameron Erving and the Fisher we saw vs LA have been so bad it skews everything. 

Starting Wiz at Center would help.  Reiter sucks.

23 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Chiefs have let some good oline leave and based on the cap not used this year....they could have kept Morse. Fulton is another one.

Mitch Morris is one concussion from being Kookoo for cocopuffs..it was right to let him go

14 hours ago, qnet said:

The Niners are for real. I made a thread some weeks ago about strength of schedule, and they have proven it doesn't matter, they're just good. I wish for once the Chiefs could be completely solid on both sides of the ball, or at least close to it. Who knows, maybe next year. I'm running out of hope for this season.  

I'm telling you guys, they're definitely beatable.  Jimmy Grapes is the weak link on that team and it'll be highlighted when he has to step up to the challenge.

We all should know very well what happens with a strong team that has a weakness at QB.

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Chiefs have let some good oline leave and based on the cap not used this year....they could have kept Morse. Fulton is another one.

Fulton played well here at center. He's a solid player I would have kept. NO WAY i would have signed Morse to the big contract the Bills did with all the concussion issues. I applaud Veach for running from an oft injured player. Now lets get Watkins off the roster and find a red zone threat we can consistently count on (and HOPE Watkins comes up big down the stretch)

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Fulton played well here at center. He's a solid player I would have kept. NO WAY i would have signed Morse to the big contract the Bills did with all the concussion issues. I applaud Veach for running from an oft injured player. Now lets get Watkins off the roster and find a red zone threat we can consistently count on (and HOPE Watkins comes up big down the stretch)

OK makes sense. Do you also applaud him for thinking Reiter was the guy? How about adding a free agent? Lots of money not used this season. I get it.....roll it till next year. That may well end up costing KC a championship this year.

Most of the play-off teams got help at the trade deadline. Kc did not. Second year in a row. A couple of good safties were traded at the deadline last year. One of those players could have changed the outcome for KC. Instead KC let Berry determine that outcome.

23 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

OK makes sense. Do you also applaud him for thinking Reiter was the guy? How about adding a free agent? Lots of money not used this season. I get it.....roll it till next year. That may well end up costing KC a championship this year.

Most of the play-off teams got help at the trade deadline. Kc did not. Second year in a row. A couple of good safties were traded at the deadline last year. One of those players could have changed the outcome for KC. Instead KC let Berry determine that outcome.

Reiter graded out well over a short sample size and the offense looked good with him in there. I do think it was always a short term plan though. They had him under contract and I really thought Algretti was a guy drafted to potentially replace him next year. But no way I can be confident in that. I'm fine if we go into free agency and sign either the best guard or best center available. I'd even be fine if we draft the other on day two. Lets make protecting the MVP a priority and it would really help close out games as well.

Hopefully that guy can play tackle in a pinch too and we can release Cam Erving and save a whopping 4.6 million with no dead cap. 

As for deadline help. I didn't see any quality interior linemen moved. And the two quality corners who were traded for 1st round picks we were in on both. Our defense has improved enough this year to get it done IF the offense can get back anywhere near last year. So far we haven't seen any sign of that since week 1. 

22 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Reiter graded out well over a short sample size and the offense looked good with him in there. I do think it was always a short term plan though. They had him under contract and I really thought Algretti was a guy drafted to potentially replace him next year. But no way I can be confident in that. I'm fine if we go into free agency and sign either the best guard or best center available. I'd even be fine if we draft the other on day two. Lets make protecting the MVP a priority and it would really help close out games as well.

Hopefully that guy can play tackle in a pinch too and we can release Cam Erving and save a whopping 4.6 million with no dead cap. 

As for deadline help. I didn't see any quality interior linemen moved. And the two quality corners who were traded for 1st round picks we were in on both. Our defense has improved enough this year to get it done IF the offense can get back anywhere near last year. So far we haven't seen any sign of that since week 1. 

My Answer: Doesnt mean they were not available.

5 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

My Answer: Doesnt mean they were not available.

You said yourself the trade deadline is normally a very overhyped event. We've defintely seen an uptick in trades the past few years but I think a guy like Scherf would have made a lot of sense IF he was available. But we have no idea. Also consider at some point we need to keep the first round picks and get the 5 cheap years that go with him. It looks like the Rams sold their future for Ramsey and are actually going backward. So I'm torn here. 

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

You said yourself the trade deadline is normally a very overhyped event. We've defintely seen an uptick in trades the past few years but I think a guy like Scherf would have made a lot of sense IF he was available. But we have no idea. Also consider at some point we need to keep the first round picks and get the 5 cheap years that go with him. It looks like the Rams sold their future for Ramsey and are actually going backward. So I'm torn here. 

Yes. I agree. Past high ticket signings are hurting but there was plenty of cap room to add some depth on the oline or other areas of need. This years team needed some reinforcements and KC did not ad anyone. I would not trade for some so called elite guy. Just adding some serviceable players would have helped. The Rams were stupid and also dealt Peters. Dealing Peters to Balt. 

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Yes but Reiter has been out too. Everyone is one play away. This season KC would be better with Morse.

No way. Glad to have moved on from Morse. He was always getting dinged up and the price they paid him was way to high being one concussion away from calling it quits. 

37 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Yes. I agree. Past high ticket signings are hurting but there was plenty of cap room to add some depth on the oline or other areas of need. This years team needed some reinforcements and KC did not ad anyone. I would not trade for some so called elite guy. Just adding some serviceable players would have helped. The Rams were stupid and also dealt Peters. Dealing Peters to Balt. 

We know all about Peters though. Logic is thrown out the window when dealing with that guy.