Baltimore is the team to beat.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Veach was in on some but it takes two to tango. Plus i believe he really wanted to hold on to his higher picks and have a 1st rounder to draft for once. 

Nobody knows much. Im not saying they should have dealt a first or any high picks. Im simply stating for two seasons KC added no in season help while chasing the BIG GOAL.

There are lots of potential trade targets that the PRESS DOES not know or hear about. KC needs depth and did not acquire any while most others, in the hunt, did. 

It may work out perfect. KC is still in the hunt.

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Nobody knows much. Im not saying they should have dealt a first or any high picks. Im simply stating for two seasons KC added no in season help while chasing the BIG GOAL.

There are lots of potential trade targets that the PRESS DOES not know or hear about. KC needs depth and did not acquire any while most others, in the hunt, did. 

It may work out perfect. KC is still in the hunt.

KC needed to get healthy. Their depth got tons of playing time too. That helps us evaluate the talent. This article sums it up nicely.

https://kckingdom.com/2019/10/31/kansas-city-chiefs-quiet-trade-deadline-right-move/

14 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

KC needed to get healthy. Their depth got tons of playing time too. That helps us evaluate the talent. This article sums it up nicely.

https://kckingdom.com/2019/10/31/kansas-city-chiefs-quiet-trade-deadline-right-move/

Good article. One persons opinion. Again for me its not the big name guys. Its the guys playing out a contract etc. that may be available similar to how THE PATS do it YEAR after YEAR. They always find help on the cheap during the season.

3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Good article. One persons opinion. Again for me its not the big name guys. Its the guys playing out a contract etc. that may be available similar to how THE PATS do it YEAR after YEAR. They always find help on the cheap during the season.

Great points Fanatic and I found this pretty telling passage from a Boston Globe article. Most of his moves are subtle.

Bill Belichick says that he’ll only make a midseason trade if he knows the exact role that player will fill, and it’s easier for him to determine where a defender will plug in, versus someone on offense. The Patriots typically like to add a former starter that lost their job due to a coaching change and a new scheme. Sanu was a very rare offensive move necessitated by the release of Gordon. 

• 3 weeks later...

Im ok sitting where we are.  I’m a little old school and believe you got to earn respect.  Battle our way through the playoff builds resolve and a hunger that taking the easy road doesn’t always develop.  To be the best we got to beat the best....when it counts.  We did it once already now we need to do it when it’s one and done.   Our offense isn’t playing at the level I think most of us thought it would but it’s still effective but our defense is playing way better than most thought it would.  Gonna take a more balanced effort to bring that Lombardi home.   Our biggest nemesis is the injury bug...

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

I think it's possible we play the 49ers in the SB. They have a run game decent WRs and QB, very good TE and pretty good D.

Umm, I don't know. Jimmy G reminds me of a lesser Alex Smith. Game manager...

Take away that running game, and play man defense (bracket cover Kittle), and they're very beatable to me.

On 12/16/2019 at 1:12 PM, Calichief said:

They were ravaged by injuries. Did you watch last weeks game? They put 40+ on your saints 

Yeah I see it.  Jimmy Grapes couldn't put the game away against a Defense that has Bob Sutton doing things on it.

I mean, come on.  Couldn't run the score up on Bob Sutton.  Werthers originals.

17 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Yeah I see it.  Jimmy Grapes couldn't put the game away against a Defense that has Bob Sutton doing things on it.

You are kinda of dancing around it.. :)

saints are no more a contender than SF

The injuries are really hurting SF.

On 11/27/2019 at 4:47 PM, FANATIC said:

Point is Balt went out & got help too. 

I ain't that worried about Bmore.  We are their worst nightmare.  That defense can't get pressure without blitzing and Patty eats blitzes for breakfast.  Their offense will be in trouble if Pat goes off in the first half.  They are not built to play from behind.

We are a bad matchup for them.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

I ain't that worried about Bmore.  We are their worst nightmare.  That defense can't get pressure without blitzing and Patty eats blitzes for breakfast.  Their offense will be in trouble if Pat goes off in the first half.  They are not built to play from behind.

We are a bad matchup for them.

Espn had an article on what teams would be the worse for each playoff team to meet. Chiefs were ravens worse matchup and it states this.  I will have to see if i can find it.

Edit:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28307949/picking-fatal-flaws-matchups-avoid-2019-nfl-playoff-contenders

50 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Espn had an article on what teams would be the worse for each playoff team to meet. Chiefs were ravens worse matchup and it states this.  I will have to see if i can find it.

Edit:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28307949/picking-fatal-flaws-matchups-avoid-2019-nfl-playoff-contenders

Hmm has the Stillers for us?  I don't see that.  I might have to rethink my position if I agree with ESPN.

23 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

The Saints are incredibly hard to beat in the dome.  Impossible?  Far from it, but it's hard.

We don't even know if the 49ers are the best team in their own division.  They give me Titans vibes from the Kerry Collins era.

Give me the QB that nearly had a perfect game 100 out of 100 times though.

They’ve lost 3 of their last 9 at home including.to the 49ers.  Good, not great. As good as Brees is he has thrown 5 INTs in his last 4 playoff games. 

On 12/18/2019 at 8:38 PM, liquidfriend said:

Saints only scored 9 points against Sutton’s defense.  At home!

8 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I'll still take them odds.  Give me the future sure HoF QB over a gimmicky chess piece.

Definitely understand your point. I’m just saying Brees is only 8-7 all time in the playoffs. Not exactly Tom Brady.  But no doubt I’d take him at home in that scenario and roll the dice. 

On 12/20/2019 at 1:40 AM, xen said:

Hmm has the Stillers for us?  I don't see that.  I might have to rethink my position if I agree with ESPN.

mostly because they think the steelers will try to hurt people. ( more physical )...

but in regards to this . thread.. KC is the team to beat.   especially with now two DE'S that not only can, but pride themselves on  holding the edge.. 

the ravens will have to rush . against . kc... which will leave someobody in single coverage, which will cause somebody to have a huge day... who that somebody is...

.. most likely kelce.. 

Baltimore is definitely stacked and you have to wonder why more teams don't try to do what the Chargers, Chiefs and Browns have done defensively to slow them down.

I don't know how many people in here can recall Brad Smith at Mizzou who was a tremendous runner, but good teams like OU and Texas would just rush 3 upfront and basically play zone with 5 DBs to limit running lanes and it worked all the time.

Media is downplaying the injury to Mark Ingram as well.  If he's not 100% by the playoffs that's a major issue for them.  

Jackson was a fumbling machine last year and peaked in the playoffs with 3 in a single game (together with an interception). He's far from that guy this year but could still crack under pressure and played terribly against us in both of his starts. I'm more worried about Pats to be honest and I think we could easily get through Ravens if we keep the recent defensive performance going. Ingram will be out of football for 3 weeks and even then his chances are questionable so that could be a Jackson-only game.