Chiefs sign rb to PS instead of Ivie

I had high hopes for Thompson after preseason. Then McCoy was signed and he got buried. My concern with Thompson is mostly he may be too small. He runs tough, but he just looks tiny when he gets to the line. Not sure he will do as well against true #1 and #2 guys like he did against #3 and #4.

14 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I had high hopes for Thompson after preseason. Then McCoy was signed and he got buried. My concern with Thompson is mostly he may be too small. He runs tough, but he just looks tiny when he gets to the line. Not sure he will do as well against true #1 and #2 guys like he did against #3 and #4.

Reid would not have drafted this guy if he thought he was too small. Hope he gets a chance. Williams is like glass. Another poor decision extending him long term.

I think this is a case of the coaching staff not properly valuing young players, see k-pas, charvarious ward, fenton, khalen saunders to name a few. Its also why im still not sure what to think of odaniel and armani watts. Ive lost faith in the staff being able to predict gameday production based off practice. That being said my gut says armani watts can play and odaniel cant

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I think this is a case of the coaching staff not properly valuing young players, see k-pas, charvarious ward, fenton, khalen saunders to name a few. Its also why im still not sure what to think of odaniel and armani watts. Ive lost faith in the staff being able to predict gameday production based off practice. That being said my gut says armani watts can play and odaniel cant

Maybe it's more that the Chiefs went into a "win now" mode earlier this season and it takes time for new players to grow into the game and gain the trust of the coaches.  Kpass, Fisher, Ford, even Derrick Johnson didn't perform in the first year or two.  Saunders is playing because of injuries.  Ward got a chance because no one else could play last year.  We saw more of Hardman because Watkins and Hill were injured.  It not that the coaching staff doesn't value them.  It's that they trust veterans until the new guys prove themselves.  It would be different if the Chiefs weren't in the playoff hunt. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Maybe it's more that the Chiefs went into a "win now" mode earlier this season and it takes time for new players to grow into the game and gain the trust of the coaches.  Kpass, Fisher, Ford, even Derrick Johnson didn't perform in the first year or two.  Saunders is playing because of injuries.  Ward got a chance because no one else could play last year.  We saw more of Hardman because Watkins and Hill were injured.  It not that the coaching staff doesn't value them.  It's that they trust veterans until the new guys prove themselves.  It would be different if the Chiefs weren't in the playoff hunt. 

Ok so this is the point i was trying to make and where I fundamentally disagree. Back in the day Derrick johnson was not a bad player and unready to play early in his career, they just made a terrible error in judgement. (Todd haley was an asshat)

just like last year there was no point in the season where orlando scandrick was better than charvarious ward, it was just bob sutton level stupidity to not play ward.

Im pretty sure k-pas would have played at a higher level than frank zombo in the last couple years for example 

5 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Reid would not have drafted this guy if he thought he was too small. Hope he gets a chance. Williams is like glass. Another poor decision extending him long term.

What are you talking about dude? Hes signed through 2020. Hes playing on a 1.7 million dollar cap number this year and a 2.8 million dollar cap number next year. He can be cut after the season with less than 550k in dead money. 

Go spread your toxicity on another forum. Or at least know what the fuck you are talking about when you post it here.

6 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

What are you talking about dude? Hes signed through 2020. Hes playing on a 1.7 million dollar cap number this year and a 2.8 million dollar cap number next year. He can be cut after the season with less than 550k in dead money. 

Go spread your toxicity on another forum. Or at least know what the fuck you are talking about when you post it here.

Its so sad that you care about my opinion so much. I understand this virtual world may be all you have. Anyone that would wish serious injury to someone online ......has scary issues. So I have respected your virtual world needs and ignored your continued assaults. It gets old. Get a real life. Get some real friends.

13 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Its so sad that you care about my opinion so much. I understand this virtual world may be all you have. Anyone that would wish serious injury to someone has issues. So I have respected your virtual world needs and ignored your continued assaults. It gets old. Get a real life. Get some real friends.

Nah I've got a job, a wife, and a kid just like the next guy. That's the point. Football is something that I am passionate about as a hobby. So I come here and talk football with other people that love this team too. But you dont.

Every thread you are in you bring negativity to. You take away from the quality of this forum and it's the best one I've found. I actually met a few people here (and on other forums that ended up here) that have turned into friends because we've talked for so many years.

It sucks because there's people like you on every forum. That can nearly singlehandedly ruin it with their constant toxic bs. I have little doubt if their was a vote or poll, you would be one of the least liked posters here.

It's not fun to find someone in every thread finding fault with the team, coach, GM etc. One who rarely has anything positive to say about them. We arent the Redskins or the Bucs. This is a team that wins every year. But reading your crap every day you would think they were awful. 

And for the record I hope you aren't a shrink by trade, because your psychoanalysis sucks as much as the content you post. 

Damien Williams (ribs) didn't practice again Thursday.

The Chiefs fed Damien 45 of the backfield's 55 total touches since LeSean McCoy lost a fumble in the third quarter of their Week 8 loss to the Packers up until Monday night in Week 11. This entire situation is a complete mess exiting the Chiefs' Week 12 bye. Damien would tentatively be expected to regain his starting role if healthy against the Raiders in Week 13, but he'll be at risk of reduced snaps and further re-aggravation due to the nature of ribs injuries. Shady showed off some vintage cuts and moves the last time we saw him in Mexico City, but he was lucky to recover *another* fumble. Darrel Williams remains capable of handling a three-down role, although it's clear both Damien and McCoy are more-explosive options with the ball in their hands.