Linebacker finalists announced for NFL 100 All-Time Team

44 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Don't believe current players should be in contention. To me, they are saying if the current players never take another snap they are in the HOF.

I got what you’re saying. But guys like Tom Brady belong on the team. And Brees. And Vinatieri. None of the linebackers. But some current players belong. 

13 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I got what you’re saying. But guys like Tom Brady belong on the team. And Brees. And Vinatieri. None of the linebackers. But some current players belong. 

The thing is current players can always screw up their careers and will definitely get undeserved favor over others that might not be remembered as much. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Tom Brady could kill a drifter and throw backwards for 10,000 yards and not screw up his career. 

That's true but he might be the best ever to play the position which makes him an exceptional situation. The problem arises with guys like JJ Watt vs some retired names in which case Watt could have an undeserved advantage.

On 11/26/2019 at 2:08 PM, West said:

DT has to be there as well....

DT didn't make the cut, but Bobby,Buck and Willie did

DEFENSIVE END (7): Doug Atkins, Bill Hewitt, Deacon Jones*, Gino Marchetti*, Lee Roy Selmon, Bruce Smith, Reggie White.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE (7): Buck Buchanan, Joe Greene, Bob Lilly*, Merlin Olsen, Alan Page*, John Randle, Randy White.

OUTSIDE LINEBACKER (6): Chuck Bednarik, Bobby Bell, Derrick Brooks, Jack Ham, Ted Hendricks, Lawrence Taylor*.

MIDDLE LINEBACKER (6): Dick Butkus*, Jack Lambert, Willie Lanier, Ray Lewis, Joe Schmidt, Junior Seau.

*Denotes unanimous selection.