Missing Piece on offense?

Just now, VIChiefsFan said:

He looked good on that series. We still need to see what he does with a fresh defense and where the game is not out of hand.

I dont know, they did know we were going to run and they still could not stop him. I liked the good look we did get to see him work in

Just now, kkuenn said:

I dont know, they did know we were going to run and they still could not stop him. I liked the good look we did get to see him work in

He will definitely get some work as it looks like Williams could be lost. I am just not ready to crown him as Kareem Hunts replacement.

Missing in Action

Sammy Watkins failed to catch any of his three targets in the Chiefs' Week 13 win over the Raiders.

Watkins wasn't targeted in the second half. Patrick Mahomes had a career-low 175 passing yards with just 15 completions, but Watkins has been useless in fantasy seemingly ever since his explosive Week 1. Watkins remains on the radar because he plays with Mahomes, but his Week 14 matchup in New England doesn't look like a spot to play him.

15 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Missing in Action

Sammy Watkins failed to catch any of his three targets in the Chiefs' Week 13 win over the Raiders.

Watkins wasn't targeted in the second half. Patrick Mahomes had a career-low 175 passing yards with just 15 completions, but Watkins has been useless in fantasy seemingly ever since his explosive Week 1. Watkins remains on the radar because he plays with Mahomes, but his Week 14 matchup in New England doesn't look like a spot to play him.

He'll need to show up next week like AFCCG. Hill and Kelce gettin doubled up.

7 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Missing in Action

I don’t understand why we aren’t running slants with him in a game with wind like this. Seems as though Andy’s lost all confidence in him. 

In all fairness to Sammy he was mugged on an easy TD catch earlier in the game.  How they missed that call is beyond me but he is a big reason we aren’t as dynamic this year along with our interior oline.   Reiter is down right terrible followed by Wylie then LDT.

Not sure what Wis has to do to see time over those chumps but dang they are soft.   

7 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

He hasn’t been playing for a reason. 

Yeah because he's a rookie.  That's the only reason as word is he's been absolutely tearing it up on the scout team to a near Mahomesian level.

Fyi his HS head coach died this weekend too.  Very well thought of coach in this area so he had to be devastated by that.  

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

In all fairness to Sammy he was mugged on an easy TD catch earlier in the game.  How they missed that call is beyond me but he is a big reason we aren’t as dynamic this year along with our interior oline.   Reiter is down right terrible followed by Wylie then LDT.

Not sure what Wis has to do to see time over those chumps but dang they are soft.   

Sure and agree. In all fairness thats one play. Watkins is not getting open despite teams focused on Kelce and Hill. NO excuses. Isnt Mahomes the throw him open guy? 

45 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah because he's a rookie.  That's the only reason as word is he's been absolutely tearing it up on the scout team to a near Mahomesian level.

Fyi his HS head coach died this weekend too.  Very well thought of coach in this area so he had to be devastated by that.  

Kareem Hunt, Corell Buckhalter, LeShon McCoy and Brian Westbrook all started as rookies. So Andy isn’t one bit afraid to go young when he thinks they are ready.  
Isn’t Thompson and that coach from Jenks? Popular and successful coach at Blue Valley HS in OP died a few years back in his 30s I believe. It was obvious it devestated a lot of people. Sad indeed. 

23 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Kareem Hunt, Corell Buckhalter, LeShon McCoy and Brian Westbrook all started as rookies. So Andy isn’t one bit afraid to go young when he thinks they are ready.  
Isn’t Thompson and that coach from Jenks? Popular and successful coach at Blue Valley HS in OP died a few years back in his 30s I believe. It was obvious it devestated a lot of people. Sad indeed. 

Those guys didn't have a bunch of good vets in front of them either.   All our RBs can play so I get giving him some time to acclimate.

Yeah the coach was from Jenks too.  Had to stop coaching last year due to ALS.  Finally got him this year.  Dude won 13 state championships at Jenks.  

3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Sure and agree. In all fairness thats one play. Watkins is not getting open despite teams focused on Kelce and Hill. NO excuses. Isnt Mahomes the throw him open guy? 

Didn't Watkins have the flu on Wed or Thurs.?  Not making excuses.  If he's in there, then he's expected to perform, but that might have been a factor.  He only got three targets so maybe his route running wasn't as crisp and the wind just dictated not going his way. 

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Does anyone have the time used on the last drive where Thompson carried the ball 11 times?  That had to be the longest drive of the year and it did exactly what was intended.  Loved it. 

14 plays, 75 yards, 9:32 time it took