Patriots Vs. Chiefs

4 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

You'd also need Houston to lose in your scenario, as they're currently tied with us but have the tiebreaker.

If NE loses to BUF, then the Bills would have a shot at the division title.  Probably won't happen because the Bills are in a brutal stretch, but they got over the Dallas hurdle pretty well. 

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If NE loses to BUF, then the Bills would have a shot at the division title.  Probably won't happen because the Bills are in a brutal stretch, but they got over the Dallas hurdle pretty well. 

I dont think Dallas has even beaten a winning team. Not much of a hurdle there.

17 minutes ago, West said:

I like the game - as it will give KC a nice measuring stick before the playoffs.

I think it will come down to turnovers and stupid penalties. Chiefs need to play a clean game and hold on to the  football.

w

clean game or not I have faith in the refs to come up with a stupid penalty if it gets too close

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I think if Mahomes continues to be a star we might eventually see some of those close ones go our way that haven't in the past.  I don't really believe in the conspiracies but I do believe in unconscious bias.

Depends if the NFL really wanted LA or NO to reach the Superbowl

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

I don't understand what this has to do with us getting the #2 seed, unless your point is that we also might have to pass Buffalo, which is true.

NE is beatable. I think we win the game. I am worried about protection. You know when Pat goes under 200 three times in four weeks we are having protection troubles. I think Tyreek was the only WR with a catch. But Pat has shown a willingness to play small ball and move the chains. If that continues I don’t think the Pats O can beat us. Sure would like to see one of those 80 yarders to Hill again for old times sake.

28-24 Chiefs.

5 minutes ago, DieHard said:

NE is beatable. I think we win the game. I am worried about protection. You know when Pat goes under 200 three times in four weeks we are having protection troubles. I think Tyreek was the only WR with a catch. But Pat has shown a willingness to play small ball and move the chains. If that continues I don’t think the Pats O can beat us. Sure would like to see one of those 80 yarders to Hill again for old times sake.

28-24 Chiefs.

Re-Watched game. Protection was not that bad. Raiders kept everything underneath. Mahomes said he had short fields because the D played well. Mahomes said they took what they were given and played with the lead. Small ball worked. Maybe Andy is helping the D with a little more small ball & clock control. Those guys are not fantasy stats driven.

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Re-Watched game. Protection was not that bad. Raiders kept everything underneath. Mahomes said he had short fields because the D played well. Mahomes said they took what they were given and played with the lead. Small ball worked. Maybe Andy is helping the D with a little more small ball & clock control. Those guys are not fantasy stats driven.

Fair point. There was pressure, but I hear you. The problem is when a team drops to stop the pass how do we only rush for 2.1 yards a carry. If you take out Thompson’s bitch slapping final drive, that would be what the RBs got. Mahomes would have been the leading rusher with 25 yards.

I am not trying to disagree with you because I agree with what you said. But as we move forward, we got to handle the front 4 and make them pay for dropping. Either in 8 yard rushes or a clean 4 second pocket.

34 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Fair point. There was pressure, but I hear you. The problem is when a team drops to stop the pass how do we only rush for 2.1 yards a carry. If you take out Thompson’s bitch slapping final drive, that would be what the RBs got. Mahomes would have been the leading rusher with 25 yards.

I am not trying to disagree with you because I agree with what you said. But as we move forward, we got to handle the front 4 and make them pay for dropping. Either in 8 yard rushes or a clean 4 second pocket.

I just dont think the oline will do much better with the run game. Pats take what is given even if that is 90% passing. Im ok with Pat with the ball in his hands. In fact I prefer third and 5 than third and one. Reid goes stupid on short yardage. Throw first to set up the run. Expecting oline to suddenly improve is like expecting Sherman to run as    fast as Hill. Not possible.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

clean game or not I have faith in the refs to come up with a stupid penalty if it gets too close

I have an idea what kind of penalty the refs would call,  a Pats player shoe will come untied and a Chiefs player will step on the shoe string and get flagged for tripping, giving the Pats a 1st down and they score on the next play for the win. 

Belichick always seems to outcoach Andy Reid in big games like this for the most part. Take away that key cog, come up with a better plan and beat the Chiefs in situational football gameplay then win the close game. If the Chiefs win I’d be happy as hell but.. we’ve all seen this movie before. I’m not going to homer this. I’ll be surprised and congrats to all the key players if the Chiefs upset the Patriots at Foxboro but no way I’m super confident 

Nothing short of a SB appearance/win for us would bring me more joy than pasting the Patriots this season.  F#ck them.

I have a little more confidence in our ability to win based on the fact the Pats don’t have Gronk anymore. He almost always bailed them out against us.

I still feel it’s anyone’s ball game.  The Pats certainly appear to be paper tigers this year.

8 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

Belichick always seems to outcoach Andy Reid in big games like this for the most part. Take away that key cog, come up with a better plan and beat the Chiefs in situational football gameplay then win the close game. If the Chiefs win I’d be happy as hell but.. we’ve all seen this movie before. I’m not going to homer this. I’ll be surprised and congrats to all the key players if the Chiefs upset the Patriots at Foxboro but no way I’m super confident 

Exactly. I think fans are delusional to think we are going to waltz in there and get the win simply because "Brady is over 40" or "They don't look very good right now". They are still tied with the best record in football...poor bastards!

The Pats aren't a stupid team like Oakland so don't expect a ton of penalties and turnovers. They will run and quick pass us to death. Two things we don't defend well. We can win but my confidence is not real high.

5 hours ago, dhitter said:

Exactly. I think fans are delusional to think we are going to waltz in there and get the win simply because "Brady is over 40" or "They don't look very good right now". They are still tied with the best record in football...poor bastards!

The Pats aren't a stupid team like Oakland so don't expect a ton of penalties and turnovers. They will run and quick pass us to death. Two things we don't defend well. We can win but my confidence is not real high.

Patriots have won. 21 home games in a row. It’s the toughest place to play in football as you battle the team and officials.  

I'm not confident we'll win but early in the season I thought we had no chance with our defense floundering and NE looking unbeatable.  Now I think it will be a tough test but we have a decent shot.  Brady won't make the same mistakes Rivers or Carr did our last two games, but they aren't exactly explosive and I think we can contain them.  We need to get our offense rolling.

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Patriots have won. 21 home games in a row. It’s the toughest place to play in football as you battle the team and officials.  

So true about the officiating. 50/50 calls...Any benefit of a doubt will go to the home team. Chiefs have to play smart on the road.