Patriots Vs. Chiefs

Brendan Daly will be a key factor in this game. He won a few SBs with NE and he's now on KCs end as defensive line coach. McDaniels was an offensive coach under Spags in Stl with the Rams....very intriguing ties in this game. Sam Madison , DB backs coach played against NE when he was a Dolphin and won a SB with the Giants in 07 with Spags against NE.

Chiefs definitely have the brains on the defensive side to win this ball game. It will be up to the players to go out and execute. No more excuses.

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

Looks like Brady was limited in practice. With all the kicker issues as well this one might end up easier than expected. They sure will run it though which is always tough for our defense.

You aren’t really buying into Brady being limited or the Patriots injury report at all are you?

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

You aren’t really buying into Brady being limited or the Patriots injury report at all are you?

I know I'm not. It's all mind games. Pats leave no angle untouched to try and get an advantage. It's one of the reasons they have dominated for so long. That having been said...I can't recall the last time I felt the Patriots were so beatable.

29 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Even a limited Brady is 100% when needed. However all that frustration with the line against Houston is just way too promising. 

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

Looks like Brady was limited in practice. With all the kicker issues as well this one might end up easier than expected. They sure will run it though which is always tough for our defense.

Our run defense seems to suck in a different way this year.  The total yards are about the same, but it seems like rather than getting gashed for 5-7 yards every single time, we mix a few negative plays in with some 60 yarders.  That seems to have allowed us to at least get some stops.  I could be imagining that.  But seems like we do enough to at least stop drives occasionally. 

Just now, reesebobby said:

Our run defense seems to suck in a different way this year.  The total yards are about the same, but it seems like rather than getting gashed for 5-7 yards every single time, we mix a few negative plays in with some 60 yarders.  That seems to have allowed us to at least get some stops.  I could be imagining that.  But seems like we do enough to at least stop drives occasionally. 

Not sure but it seems like the Chiefs have been playing more man coverage now that their secondary is communicating better. That's the recipe for success against NE. Their receivers can't get open. No Gronk, Hogan, or Develin this year is big. 

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

Yep, defense seems to be focused on the big stop behind the LOS and if that works they generally come up solid for that series. Otherwise it's either a stop by DBs for a first or an even bigger play. We sure are missing quite a bit of confidence. 

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Yep, defense seems to be focused on the big stop behind the LOS and if that works they generally come up solid for that series. Otherwise it's either a stop by DBs for a first or an even bigger play. We sure are missing quite a bit of confidence. 

Still it seems like an improvement.  Last year we just could not get off the field. 

It would be a shock if Brady doesn't play.  He may very well have some nagging injury, but I can't remember the last time he missed a game for something other than the ACL (not saying it didn't happen, I just don't remember).  Might be mind games by the Patriots, I'm sure Andy will see through it, just like we did with Mahomes a few weeks back.

I agree that the run defense seems more like boom or bust to me, but it feels like that means we get more stops.  The advanced stats don't totally back that up.  DVOA just says we're bad, but the pass defense is pretty good.  I don't know, are teams really going to just commit to running some insane amount of time?  It feels like we could stop them if that was the case.  And if we can build a big lead (on anyone) then we rely on the run defense less (not that we haven't been burned once and then also a couple more times with leads this year).

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

It would be a shock if Brady doesn't play.  He may very well have some nagging injury, but I can't remember the last time he missed a game for something other than the ACL (not saying it didn't happen, I just don't remember). 

I remember he missed some time in 2016 when his balls got deflated. 

50 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

To me this is clearly a more competent complimentary defense with the caveat that we still have a few gaping holes that are going to get exposed at times. 

56 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Even a limited Brady is 100% when needed. However all that frustration with the line against Houston is just way too promising. 

Someone has to end the Patriots unbelievable 21 game home winning streak. Might as well be us. But they are clearly a much better team at home. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Someone has to end the Patriots unbelievable 21 game home winning streak. Might as well be us. But they are clearly a much better team at home. 

Yeah that's why I don't put much stock in their Texans or Ravens losses.  They've always been more beatable in the regular season on the road.  Beating them at home is a different animal.

We've also been struggling lately on the oline with picking up stunts.  We got killed in the first half of the AFCCG last year with that as well.  Expect BB to run a ton of stunts til we start picking them up.

13 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah that's why I don't put much stock in their Texans or Ravens losses.  They've always been more beatable in the regular season on the road.  Beating them at home is a different animal.

We've also been struggling lately on the oline with picking up stunts.  We got killed in the first half of the AFCCG last year with that as well.  Expect BB to run a ton of stunts til we start picking them up.

Wylie and LDT have trouble with stunts. Reiter just gets pushed around. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Didn't know they had such a streak. Definitely would look nice on Mahomes' resume.