Patriots Vs. Chiefs

If anyone predicted that the D would hold the Pats to 94 rush yards and Brady to a 63 passer rating, we would have laughed him off the board.  17 points given up in spite of a deadly fumble and a blocked punt?  D-Line and safeties playing great.  CBs holding up.  Get Mahomes some protection and get the D a monster LB and starting CB and this team could beat anyone. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

If anyone predicted that the D would hold the Pats to 94 rush yards and Brady to a 63 passer rating, we would have laughed him off the board.  17 points given up in spite of a deadly fumble and a blocked punt?  D-Line and safeties playing great.  CBs holding up.  Get Mahomes some protection and get the D a monster LB and starting CB and this team could beat anyone. 

But, but if it wasn't for the bad calls, comments should start right about.....

A win in Foxborough is tough especially in December but the Pats don't look all that tough (well coached but not like previous years).   Not sure if it was Mahomes injury but the playcalling again in the 2nd half is concerning.  Its been an Andy Reid MO for a long time....last year our D doesn't stop them and they tie it up....thankfully this year they held them when they needed too.   Hoping they can drop one more and we can sneak up for one of those byes as injury riddled as we've been this year we could really use that extra week!

Go Chiefs!

14 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Interesting thread.

we beat New England where they are unbeatable.

i agree with the reid stuff. I’m sorry, but he’s not learned a thing.

the interior oline is trash. 

this team desperately needs a number 1 back.

The shitty part is that none of that stuff can be fixed now, it's all offseason before 2020 kicks off.  The defense seems to be coming along, add a few more pieces and shore up those spots on the offense, and we should be by the best team in the AFC next year by a pretty wide margin. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

I agree with the reid stuff. I’m sorry, but he’s not learned a thing.

He really hasnt. That's why I've said numerous times its subconscious with him. I he were actually thinking clearly he would be able to look at the situation and say to himself "hey I've gone into conservative mode in the 2nd half 127 times over the last 20 yrs and it has rarely worked out well".

But that's not what's going in. Because that would make him a fucking idiot. And hes not. He is very intelligent. The playcalling and not having any killer instinct is just automatic. Hes not even thinking about it. He just does it. 

I will never understand how there hasnt been people over the years that he trusts that havent been able to open his eyes to this shit. That he has been pissing away games the same way for 2 fucking decades.

Or maybe they have, and it's just like I said. He just does this automatically. It's not strategic. He just fucking does it.

But today our defense made plays when it counted. Big win. 

58 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He really hasnt. That's why I've said numerous times its subconscious with him. I he were actually thinking clearly he would be able to look at the situation and say to himself "hey I've gone into conservative mode in the 2nd half 127 times over the last 20 yrs and it has rarely worked out well".

But that's not what's going in. Because that would make him a fucking idiot. And hes not. He is very intelligent. The playcalling and not having any killer instinct is just automatic. Hes not even thinking about it. He just does it. 

I will never understand how there hasnt been people over the years that he trusts that havent been able to open his eyes to this shit. That he has been pissing away games the same way for 2 fucking decades.

Or maybe they have, and it's just like I said. He just does this automatically. It's not strategic. He just fucking does it.

Today was literally the first time since he's been here (that I can remember) where we had enough defense to make up for it.  

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He’s predictable. The play calling is very obvious.

All the media talk is this morning is how the Pats got hosed by the refs.  rofl

There were shitty calls both ways.  If BB wouldn't have wasted one of his challenges on the Watkins spot, he would have had one in his pocket to challenge the Harry TD.  There was the bs blindside block call, two OPIs on Kelce that were bs, and they picked up the flag for roughing Mahomes (by league rules, it was roughing).  Also, they should have been flagged for the late hit out of bounds on Pat.

They need to stfu.  It was bad officiating all around.  

It's raining in NY today.  NIck Wright said it was Pats' fans tears falling from Boston.  lol

24 minutes ago, SEMO said:

There were shitty calls both ways.  If BB wouldn't have wasted one of his challenges on the Watkins spot, he would have had one in his pocket to challenge the Harry TD.  There was the bs blindside block call, two OPIs on Kelce that were bs, and they picked up the flag for roughing Mahomes (by league rules, it was roughing).  Also, they should have been flagged for the late hit out of bounds on Pat.

It's raining in NY today.  NIck Wright said it was Pats' fans tears falling from Boston.  lol

Like NE hasn't benefited from questionable calls in the past. It is amazing though, how questionable calls against the Chiefs aren't the reason for a loss, but for the Chiefs are the reason for a win.🤔

13 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Like NE hasn't benefited from questionable calls in the past. It is amazing though, how questionable calls against the Chiefs aren't the reason for a loss, but for the Chiefs are the reason for a win.🤔

Like I said during the game yesterday, the media will talk more about the Pats and Refs, than the Chiefs just beating them.

It doesn't matter though because we've all watched this defense getting better all season. If we can somehow get the oline clicking, we just might get to the big dance!

47 minutes ago, SEMO said:

The line about pats fans tears falling from Boston is freaking awesome lol

Not that his opinion matters much but Deion was saying it was bad offense by the Patriots instead of good defense by the Chiefs.  Gave the Chiefs D zero credit. 

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

The line about pats fans tears falling from Boston is freaking awesome lol

Not that his opinion matters much but Deion was saying it was bad offense by the Patriots instead of good defense by the Chiefs.  Gave the Chiefs D zero credit. 

The only good thing about Deion is " if you ball you get the call! 

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Seems to me like this is the last year the Patriots are gonna be relevant for a long time.  They'll contend in that terrible division, but to actually be a force in the AFC seems over to me. 

I think I need to see the carcass before I believe that.  I do believe Brady is more or less on his cliff.  He won't get to age 45 like he's been talking about, I think this is his last year on the Pats and then it's either retirement or he'll prove he's done in a one-year stint elsewhere.  But I think Belichick can create a good defense out of nothing, and after they move on from Brady I think they can create a passable offense and maybe revert to the style of those very early Patriots teams.

Just saw a film breakdown of our last play and our two big money free agents played big roles. HB flashes like he’s playing tight man presnap. But then at the snap he drops back and plays over the top clearly seeing the Pats were going to try and his him in a class Patriots pick play.
At the same time Frank Clark abuses the LT and is a step away from Brady who has to go to his first read. The wrong read because of HBs intelligent play.  This is a game we lost earlier in the year. Or last year. But our two big money free agents are grasping this scheme, showing up when it matters and changing the narrative. Making us a legit part of the Super Bowl conversation again. 

Again when people complain about play calling they rarely know what they are talking about because they don’t have the full picture. 

oKlasyCo_x96.jpg

Reid said Mahomes was having difficulty gripping the ball, so they favored more of the shallow cross game and the run game in the second half.